PDA

View Full Version : Ravens' Lewis: Defense not to blame for loss

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Ray Lewis has been in the NFL long enough to know not to call out any of his teammates, especially after a heartbreaking playoff loss to the rival Steelers.

So the 12-time Pro Bowl Baltimore Ravens linebacker refrained from putting the blame for Saturday's 31-24 collapse to the Steelers on any specific group or player.
However, he made it known that it wasn't the defense's fault for the Ravens allowing their second most points this season in the loss to the Steelers.

"I tell you time and time again, the No. 1 thing you cannot do is turn the ball over in the red zone," Lewis said. "That will never change in this business ever. We are good, but to overcome all of that is harsh on my defense, and I wouldn't put that much on my defense because we went out and played our hearts out."..................

Read more @http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718446.html

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 07:44 AM
So it's not your fault the Steelers outscored you??? Way to throw half your team under the bus, Dickhead. :lol:

Galax Steeler
01-16-2011, 08:08 AM
So it's not your fault the Steelers outscored you??? Why to throw half your team under the bus, Dickhead. :lol:

exactly lol

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Well Ray, your defense sure didn't stop the Steelers from scoring a TD in the 4th quarter when the game was tied, did it?

43Hitman
01-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Ray Lewis has been in the NFL long enough to know not to call out any of his teammates, especially after a heartbreaking playoff loss to the rival Steelers.

So the 12-time Pro Bowl Baltimore Ravens linebacker refrained from putting the blame for Saturday's 31-24 collapse to the Steelers on any specific group or player.
However, he made it known that it wasn't the defense's fault for the Ravens allowing their second most points this season in the loss to the Steelers.

"I tell you time and time again, the No. 1 thing you cannot do is turn the ball over in the red zone," Lewis said. "That will never change in this business ever. We are good, but to overcome all of that is harsh on my defense, and I wouldn't put that much on my defense because we went out and played our hearts out."..................

Read more @ http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

Where's the link to the article? This is a link to start a thread....

X-Terminator
01-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Where's the link to the article? This is a link to start a thread....

Try here: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718446.html

43Hitman
01-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Try here: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718446.html

Thanks X. :) Good article, Ray Ray crying like a little bitch. Also, how does he get off saying everything was going our way, we were down 14 to start the third.

SteelerSal
01-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Well Ray, your defense sure didn't stop the Steelers from scoring a TD in the 4th quarter when the game was tied, did it?

That was the offenses fault,,,DUH!... :lol:

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 08:46 AM
OOps! sorry! When I'm posting articles , I get too many browsers open and sometimes I lose track.

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 08:47 AM
The defense isn't responsible for blowing a 14 point lead?????????

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2011, 08:50 AM
The Ravens' defense allowed 21 first downs to the Steelers, who converted 50 percent of their third downs (7 of 14) and allowed touchdowns on four of the five times the ball was inside their 20-yard line.

Yes Ray, your defense was spectacular! :lol:

Butch
I'm not used to hearing this stuff from ray ray after a loss it's very peyton like. Come on Ray you gotta be better than that!!!

GBMelBlount
he made it known that it wasn't the defense's fault for the Ravens allowing their second most points this season......

Your offense capitalized on both red zone turnovers they got Ray but YOU failed to stop the Steelers when they received the same opportunities....

Bottom line: Your offense scored 24 points Ray but YOU couldn't get it done on defense...period.

Truth hurts.

touchdownward
01-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a case of guilty conscious to me. I recall hearing Suggs name until I was about to puke, but don't recall hearing Lewis' number called all day.

hotrodder07
01-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah, so they were backed up 3 times because of turnovers, and the Defense allowed us 17 points. The offense could take blame for that (although a player should never say so!). But when the game was tied, and the Steelers had to drive the length of the field to take the lead, the Ravens Defense certainly didn't step up and stop us! Can't blame that on the offense, can you, Ray? First rule of being a good teammate: Don't throw other teammates under the bus! Be a man and take the blame!

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a case of guilty conscious to me. I recall hearing Suggs name until I was about to puke, but don't recall hearing Lewis' number called all day.

I didn't hear Rays name all day either. I was amazed to see that he somehow was credited with 9 tackles.

zulater
01-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Hey Ray Ray, 3 words, '3rd and nineteen.' :chuckle:

Burghfan58
01-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Here is the link with Rays rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r4azNBWutI

BigNastyDefense
01-16-2011, 09:30 AM
The Steelers dominated on third-and-long. You couldn't stop third-and-19 that went for like 50 yards. Couldn't hold the Steelers offense to field goals in the redzone. Couldn't stop a fourth-and-one.

Yeah, not the defense's fault.

Count Steeler
01-16-2011, 09:43 AM
It was Arians' fault.

7SteelGal43
01-16-2011, 10:05 AM

yep. when it's 3rd and 19, only the heavy artillery will do. TIME FOR THE BOMB !!!!!!!!

tube517
01-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahaha....:rofl2:

Yet somehow, it wasn't the defense's fault. Like his coach, they have it "figured out":ranger:

KeiselPower99
01-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I cant wait to see Ray on Super Bowl Sunday riding his bird around. He is the ultimate non team player Ive ever seen. I thought you win and lose as a team. I wish the media would stop being scared of him and tell the truth.

Craic
01-16-2011, 04:10 PM
So it's not your fault the Steelers outscored you??? Way to throw half your team under the bus, Dickhead. :lol:

Let's see,

they let a long drive from deep in our zone happen at the end of the game. They held us to a field goal once in 5 trips to the redzone. So it is the offense's fault?

I swear he is some of the posters I know on a couple websites :huh:

steeldawg
01-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm not used to hearing this stuff from ray ray after a loss it's very peyton like. Come on Ray you gotta be better than that!!!

Did you see him during the game sitting on the bench with his head down ,under his hoody? He looked defeated and flacco looked like a deer in headlights.

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 04:15 PM
But yet ray-ray didn't say anything about the Steelers offense handing it over inside our red-zone to them. How hypocritical, I guess then it was just them doing their job, like it was our defense doing their job in the second half.