PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' rookie wideout Brown comes up big for ‘great play’

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Facing what Steelers coach Mike Tomlin called "third-and-a-long-long-way," Ben Roethlisberger pleaded with offensive coordinator Bruce Arians to let him throw deep.

When Roethlisberger spotted Baltimore Ravens star safety Ed Reed lined up to his left, the Steelers quarterback looked right to a speedy rookie receiver who had more DNPs than catches through the first 11 games.

On third-and-19 from the Steelers' 38, Roethlisberger let fly a long pass along the home sideline that Antonio Brown hauled in between his helmet and right shoulder pad before running out at the Baltimore 4.

The 58-yard play with 1:58 remaining set up Rashard Mendenhall's 2-yard run for the winning score in the Steelers' 31-24 victory over the Ravens on Saturday night in an AFC divisional playoff game at Heinz Field.

"It's third-and-19, the game's on the line, and the clock is real low, and we were in need of a play," said Brown, who finished with three receptions for a game-high 75 yards after being inactive in seven of the first 11 games this season. "Ben made a great throw and stuck it right on me, and I was able to come through with the catch. It was a great play....................

............"We've got a lot of big-time receivers on this team. I play my role and do what my coaches ask, and whatever they need of me, I've just got to be able to be humble and come through," Brown said. "That was a perfect example of that. They didn't expect a lot from me, being the Ravens, but I was able to come out when the time needed it and make the play."..................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718448.html