PDA

View Full Version : Redemption Sunday = January 23, 2011

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 01:45 AM
So the Steelers did what they had to do yesterday to make it to the AFCCG. Regardless of who we play (patriots* or jets), Sunday is Redemption Sunday.

1) The patriots*, that game where marsha and company made us look foolish. Where we couldn't stop anything that game and even though the score was close, the embarrassment of the loss was not.

2) The jets, a game that, imo, was one of the worst outputs by the Steelers, and yet still had a chance to win in the end.

The Steelers now have a chance to show that either one of those two games were flukes and not Steelers football. Againts the patriots* it would be awesome to go in to foxborough and leave them reelin' from a head to toe, bell to bell arse whoopin'. Against the jets, to let them know that their victory in Heinz Field a few short weeks ago was nothing more than a brain fart by the Steelers.

Craic
01-16-2011, 01:48 AM
So the Steelers did what they had to do yesterday to make it to the AFCCG. Regardless of who we play (patriots* or jets), Sunday is Redemption Sunday.

1) The patriots*, that game where marsha and company made us look foolish. Where we couldn't stop anything that game and even though the score was close, the embarrassment of the loss was not.

2) The jets, a game that, imo, was one of the worst outputs by the Steelers, and yet still had a chance to win in the end.

The Steelers now have a chance to show that either one of those two games were flukes and not Steelers football. Againts the patriots* it would be awesome to go in to foxborough and leave them reelin' from a head to toe, bell to bell arse whoopin'. Against the jets, to let them know that their victory in Heinz Field a few short weeks ago was nothing more than a brain fart by the Steelers.

People forget that we were missing some key members during that Pats* game, and that our WR's weren't the same players they are today (that learning curve thing again). The only thing I worry about, is going to foxborough and having to play not only the Pats*, but the cameras, Signal jammers, Signal stealing equipment, etc.

Oh well, it'd be fun to beat all of that, and then hear the excuses.

Merchant
01-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Bring on whoever.. don't matter!

Bluecoat96
01-16-2011, 05:01 AM
If we get the Jets (yeah right) I bet we handle them pretty easily. We pretty much gift-wrapped that game for them....Plus I like our chances with Troy against Dirty Sanchez.

Count Steeler
01-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Only reason I would like the Jets is to have another home game at Heinz. Not scared of Marsha or Bilicheat, we will prevail.

Texasteel
01-16-2011, 06:45 AM
People forget that we were missing some key members during that Pats* game, and that our WR's weren't the same players they are today (that learning curve thing again). The only thing I worry about, is going to foxborough and having to play not only the Pats*, but the cameras, Signal jammers, Signal stealing equipment, etc.

Oh well, it'd be fun to beat all of that, and then hear the excuses.

Ward is looking pretty good, and the two rookie, aren't rookies any more, just young veterans. I thought Sanders looked particularly good yesterday. On the pass he dropped, I thought that if the defender had not gotten his shoulder into him when he did, Sanders would have come down with a fantastic catch. I hope that both the Pats, or the Jets over look both of them.

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 06:57 AM
I just have this nagging, awful vision of the Santonio trade coming back to bite us in the ass. :horror:

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 04:12 PM
the opponent doesn't matter. It's all about REDEMPTION

KeiselPower99
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I want a victory and another Super Bowl. I dont give a damn who we have to go through to get it.

Edman
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
The Jets game was like the Colts game in 2008. A Beatable team coming to our place but lost a close one because we couldn't get out of our own way with gaffes. That coupled with the fact that the Jets were on a shnide, were desperate and trying to keep their season from going off the tracks. How ironic that both games were 4:00 meetings too.

The Steelers know what they're up against. In fact, I like the fact we lost to the Jets.

Count Steeler
01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm hoping we got all our gaffes out of the way against the Ravens. Looking forward to a solid effort by all 3 facets of our team.

Edman
01-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Another playoff game against a team we lost to at home in the regular season.

We redeemed ourselves against the Ravens, now we owe the Jets.

86WARD
01-16-2011, 06:52 PM
I just have this nagging, awful vision of the Santonio trade coming back to bite us in the ass. :horror:

You had to go there didn't you...