PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy Hood hitting stride

pepsyman1
01-16-2011, 12:04 AM
I know we've all been worried about our high draft pick D-lineman and whether he was gonna pan out like the front office hoped, but I think any of the doubts we've had were pretty much put to rest today. Ziggy played awesome today (4 tackles and assist and a sack) He was getting a strong push all day and really helped squeeze Flacco's pocket down everytime he faded back and kept the Ravens from putting too many people in Harrison's way on the pass rush. We are finally beginning to see him be able to apply the great sheer strength we've heard he has.

tube517
01-16-2011, 12:19 AM
He got more playing time so he is learning more each game. I am liking his progress.

Craic
01-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Someone, I forget who it was, was talking about Ziggy, that he still had child strength vs. the Ravens Man strength. WHat he meant was, that Ziggy is still so young, that he has not fully developed the kind of strength that will come about as he ages over the next 2-5 years.

Really?? And he played that well today? Wow.

steeldevil
01-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Ziggy played out of his mind today. Really good.

Merchant
01-16-2011, 02:43 AM
Aaron who?

lol naw I love Smith but Ziggy is filling in nicely. He's finally getting comfortable mentally, allowing his physical skill-set to shine. Keep it up Hood!

Craic
01-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Aaron who?

lol naw I love Smith but Ziggy is filling in nicely. He's finally getting comfortable mentally, allowing his physical skill-set to shine. Keep it up Hood!

Like I said, It would be nice if Ziggy could take over at that spot, and Smith could extend his career by two or three years as a sub. Smith with fresh legs and push in the 4th quarter would be devastating.

solardave
01-16-2011, 04:59 AM
Someone, I forget who it was, was talking about Ziggy, that he still had child strength vs. the Ravens Man strength. WHat he meant was, that Ziggy is still so young, that he has not fully developed the kind of strength that will come about as he ages over the next 2-5 years.

Someone said on here a while back that they saw him at camp and NO ONE could hold him back. He's that strong. Now he's learning to play at this level. That's awesome.

ALLD
01-16-2011, 07:02 AM
He is like a tiger in his aggressiveness.

memphissteelergirl
01-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Sing it with me....

"Gettin' Ziggy widit....na na na na na na na....na na na na na na....."

:dance:

Galax Steeler
01-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Hood is playing well now and should get better so far we are not missing Smith with his play.

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2011, 08:04 AM

Big Snack was the one that said that..

Ziggy is really showing us a lot now with his increased playing time. He played a great game yesterday. He's gonna be a great player and I can't wait to see what all he can do.

hotrodder07
01-16-2011, 09:00 AM
He's been solid all year. In prior years, we've really missed Aaron Smith on the field, but not this year. Although Ziggy wasn't making the plays he's making now, he also wasn't a glaring weakness during the season. He more than held his own in a defense that allowed the 3rd lowest rushing yards in NFL history. But now, he's taking it to a whole other level. He's looked fantastic over the last couple of weeks, and he particularly stood out in this one. He was in on a bunch of big plays for the Steelers defense, and he's looking like a fanstastic first round pick for us!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM

The kid is strong and I really dont see him getting that much stronger. What I am impressed most about is how he has progressed in learning how to be a 2-gap DE and play in the 3-4, as opposed to the 4-3 in college at Mizzou.

To me, his most impressive play was one run play where he was able to jam Yanda into the outside gap and force Ray Rice inside, then he makes the initial tackle on Rice with his right arm. Strength, base, knowing his assignment, plugging 2-gaps and making the tackle........WOW! That looked like Aaron Smith on that play!!! Lovin the Zig!!

zulater
01-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Ziggy will be All Pro next season!