PDA

View Full Version : Flacco’s Nightmare Second Half Dooms the Ravens Chances

stillers4me
01-15-2011, 10:14 PM
On a day when he had the chance to turn the corner against his biggest rival, Ravens QB Joe Flacco folded like a deck of cards as Baltimore once again was unable to put away their biggest rival in a 31-24 loss.

Flacco looked like he was finally going to get past his rivals, as he helped the team get to a 21-7 halftime lead. He did a solid job in the first half, throwing for 12-of-18 for 82 yards and a TD. His TD to Todd Heap came after a Rashard Mendenhall fumble, and the crowd at Heinz Field was silent as it looked like the season was going to come to a close.

Then came his downfall – the second half...........

Read more @ http://www.steelersgab.com/2011/01/15/flaccos-nightmare-second-half-dooms-the-ravens-chances/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersGab+%28Steelers+Gab%2 9&utm_content=Twitter

Dodt
01-15-2011, 11:22 PM
nice read

tube517
01-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Notice how Clark's INT was in almost the same area as Troy's pick 6 in the AFCC game 2 yrs ago.

steelreserve
01-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I love that the Ravens have this guy as their quarterback. I hope they keep him for another 10 years. He simply cannot handle the pressure (either mentally or literally in a pass-rushing sense) when the chips are down in a big game. He's not too difficult to rattle. I honestly think he played way over his head during his rookie season, and that's as good as he's ever going to get, but he'll be kept around forever out of hopes that he'll turn out the be the next Great Leader, which he ain't.

NCSteeler
01-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Short field, minute and a half left....this is where you need to show up drive your team down and tie the game. Don't know that Flacco will ever be that guy.

Count Steeler
01-16-2011, 06:39 AM
He looks great in a Baltimore uniform. He has a home.

ALLD
01-16-2011, 06:49 AM
A little bit more consistant than Derek Anderson or Jake Delhomme. A good systems QB with a good defense to get hm out of trouble, but don't ask him to win the game for you against a quality opponent. Carson Palmer is better.

Galax Steeler
01-16-2011, 08:14 AM
He just don't have it when it really counts just another average quarterback.

venom
01-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Did Troy play yesterday ? Wow , not one ball near him .

BigNastyDefense
01-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Did Troy play yesterday ? Wow , not one ball near him .

I think he was reminded of what happened in the AFCCG the other year. So he just didn't throw it near Troy.

Flacco is a good quarterback, but he doesn't have the clutch mentality of a Ben Roethlisberger or a Tom Brady. When the stakes are the highest, he folds under the pressure. In his 4-3 playoff record, there are two losses to the Steelers. Flacco might end up being the best statistical quarterback in Ravens history, but Trent Dilfer will still be the only one with a Super Bowl ring.