PDA

View Full Version : When it was 21-7 .....

polamalubeast
01-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Do you think the steelers season was over?

I must confess that I thought it was over ..... it that difficult to win against the Ravens when you trailed by 14 points, but the Steelers have done!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

fansince'76
01-15-2011, 09:00 PM
No. I was pissed we were behind, but I knew there was plenty of time left. The Kordell era where a 10-point+ deficit was insurmountable is long gone.

X-Terminator
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
No. I felt that they had a bad half of football and made mistakes, but there was still a half of football left. They've also been a 2nd half team all season, so I don't know why anyone would be surprised they came back to win.

HometownGal
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Nope - not even for a second. As everyone knows around here, I am the ultimate eternal optimist and I don't EVER give up on my teams no matter what the score is. This team simply was not going to be denied today and I'm so damned proud of 'em! :tt02:

stillers4me
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
I never, ever give up on this team. Never.

Silverback
01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
I did not, as you can see from evidence from my earlier posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pull some "holier than though" crap. I was worried, but I never lost hope.

Just don't give up. Seriously. You expect the Steelers to play until the whistle blows (Big Ben "fumble" TD aside)...you need to cheer and believe until the final whistle blows.

polamalubeast
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
It was on I thought it was not impossible that wins the game!

But I felt very badly after the first half ... so bad that I cry!

urgle burgle
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
i dont know....the way that td happened, as stupid as it was, with ed's brother in the emotional issue...i thought we were done. honestly. i had hope, as i always do, i wont turn it off, and we have come back from worse, but ill admit, i thought this was a done deal. but i had a bit of hope.....ive learned over the years, to whatch every second, to calm down, hope for the best, and think "anything is possible", amazing, amazing.....we did it again....we are black and gold, we are the steelers, i think this game may have been one of the best..

ALLD
That was shades of 2005 with the sublime comeback victory. As long as we are the underdogs we should win.

Steeldude
no, but if they decided to keep using the same pathetic, passive defense from the 1st half then it would have been over.

VTsteel
01-15-2011, 09:13 PM
No. Not with Ben at the helm. The man has orchestrated too many comebacks to ever give up hope . . . and with this incredible defense I believed we'd shut their ass down. Great to see Lebeau allowed us to keep bringing the heat instead of going soft on the last series.

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2011, 09:14 PM
"calm down Dino...they always come out in the second half and turn it around" quote: my wife

touchdownward
01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Nope, never gave up on the greatest franchise in the NFL. I'll admit to not having a good feeling at the half, the way things were going, but still wasn't throwing in the towel. Tomlin must have chewed their asses at the half, because the Steelers came out a different team. Housbombata dropping the potential first down to seal the victory was classic.:heh:

Kittyfish
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I won't lie - I was kind of worried and switched from watching it on tv to listening on WDVE, as I find potential losses easier to listen to than to watch. I tried not to get excited when we were 14-21, couldn't help myself and started to believe when we tied up the score and exclaimed, "HOLY CRAP!" upon the next turnover (startling the poo out of my husband and son who were watching something else on the tv while the game was recording) and ran upstairs to watch the rest live in my son's room, using my nervous energy to give his room a much needed cleaning. (How's that for a run-on sentence?) It was a great game, one for the ages, and I can't wait to see it in its entirety tomorrow!

Borski
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Nope I was pissed we where missing plays but I never thought for a second we didn't have a chance. We had plenty of time left and came back surging in the 2nd half.

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2011, 09:26 PM
I drink a pot of coffee for every game...12 cups...for this game...I made a second pot mid way through the third...another 10 cups...

I'm still wired....but it was effing worth it!!!

Craic
01-15-2011, 09:28 PM
I was worried, be foolish not to be. However, every game between these teams are determined by 7 points or less, so I figured we would come back, just didn't know if it would be enough.

JayC
01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
i about 90% of me thought it was nearly over. one last field goal or td to make it a 17 point game and i would have given us about 1% chance and might have turned it off. but luckily that wasn't the case and we got that fumble from rice and changed the game

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
the Ravens offense came out scared to go for the throat, allowing us to make plays on Defense and turn the game around.

the Steelers, as made clear by the 4th and 1, fake snap, fake snap, go for it, insiden the Ravens 20 showed that the Steelers were in it to win the Game.

Edman
01-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Yes. Because it had the look of a game where the Steelers couldn't get out of their own way with mistakes. Baltimore didn't need much offense to create that lead. That was the telling part.

hotrodder07
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
No, I didn't think the season was over! In fact, if you don't believe me, you can look in the closed thread, "Oh well..." I posted there at halftime saying that the Steelers could come back. Thankfully, I was right! What a great comeback by the Steelers. It really showed what we are made of.

steelerdude15
01-15-2011, 10:07 PM
I just stared at the TV and didn't say a word. I never give up and I didn't because I knew we still had another half... it's amazing how the tide turned in that third quarter. That was just amazing.

Akagi
01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Nope, not at all. I knew our men had a hard second half ahead, but we had just as much time to score 21 points against them as they had against us, and I felt we were better; better offense, better defense. My faith was rewarded with one hell of a football game.

The Ravens are now both my most hated team, AND my second favorite team... just like the Raiders were in the '70s. All the hate and respect in the world.

steel9guy
01-15-2011, 10:28 PM
I NEVER gave up. On the gameday thread I said that it felt like the browns 2002 wildcard game where we came back to win. I've learned from watching the Steelers over the years that you never give up hope.

Dodt
01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
a bit upset but not worried.

steelersfan425
01-15-2011, 10:49 PM
flacco proved again he is a moron

7SteelGal43
01-15-2011, 11:05 PM
I just stared at the TV and didn't say a word. I never give up and I didn't because I knew we still had another half... it's amazing how the tide turned in that third quarter. That was just amazing.

that sounds like me when we're behind. WAY behind. like my silent concentration can help my boys get a win, one play at a time :P

tube517
01-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Uh, if they had held onto the ball and Mendy doesn't fumble and Foster falls on the ball, game would have been a blowout. They held the Ravens to 126 total net yards.

no, but if they decided to keep using the same pathetic, passive defense from the 1st half then it would have been over.

I was pissed but never gave up, Ravens offense was pitiful

7SteelGal43
01-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Never Give Up, Never Surrender !

http://www.richardcleaver.com/images/galaxyquest.gif

SteelCityMan786
01-15-2011, 11:18 PM
I had thoughts dancing in my head of the following quote:

"The Terrible Towel only produces miracles in the playoffs, but it can help in the regular season." --Words of one Myron Cope

Oh and the fact that the Steelers have been able to pull off clutch performances when needed.

Sure as hell made for one fun night at Heinz Field sitting in that North Endzone.

Craic
01-15-2011, 11:38 PM
I NEVER gave up. On the gameday thread I said that it felt like the browns 2002 wildcard game where we came back to win. I've learned from watching the Steelers over the years that you never give up hope.

Over the last 5 years, that is exactly right.

Thank GOODNESS we no longer play Cowherball on offense. We would have never won the game, because we wouldn't have had the weapons to come back for the win.

smokin3000gt
01-16-2011, 01:43 AM
I was more concerned about what seemed to be lack of momentum in the first half and the ravens building up steam then I was about the 14pt difference.

The Duke
01-16-2011, 02:32 AM
We'd have to be down by 30 with less than 3 minutes left in the game for me to think the game is over as long as we have this guy-

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/12/07/alg_steelers_roethlisberger_broken_nose.jpg

Merchant
01-16-2011, 02:34 AM
When it was 21-7 I proceeded to break two pieces of expensive furniture. In the end, it was worth it :D

crcsnail
01-16-2011, 02:59 AM
i never give up on my team . but i had forgot to put my lucky steeler t shirt on . i had my steel universe one on (which after going 7 up at the start of the game was going to be my new lucky shirt :) ) so just before the end of the half i put my old shirt on and at half time dragged the terrible towel out of my cupboard. wifey was in bed and thought i was fooking stupid rummaging around for the terrible towel . BUT hey look wot happened in the second half :) so fellow steeler fans blame me for not wearing my lucky shirt for the first half :) but as a bit of a supersticious person , do i now go through the same scenario next week :)

Count Steeler
01-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Never gave up. Pissed off, you bet.

Just got to believe that Ben will get our team into it, one way or another.
Just got to believe that when our defense says no, it means no.
Just got to remember that a game is 60 minutes, not 15. Something I'm sure the Ravens wish they had remembered yesterday.

SteelerSal
01-16-2011, 06:31 AM
When we were down 21-7, so called fans on facebook were bitching and moaning and I posted

Plenty of game left..not ready to pack it in!!

Then we tie and I posted

There ya go..I see to many so called Steeler fans moaning...never give up !
Alot of time on the clock, BELIEVE!!!

I can't stand to be around so called fans that are so quick to quit while the game is still playing (I feel it's bad for the MOJO :lol: ).....moan after the game is over if thats what you feel you need to do.
I got so many friend requests after that. :lol: Now to get them to come to SU!:thumbsup:

GoSlash27
01-16-2011, 07:30 AM
I was very calm at halftime, even confident. We had that 7 points out of a monster drive and they had their points off of sheer luck, so I knew that they couldn't stop us without a lot more luck. I also figured that their luck would run out, and boy did it ever!
Everyone else thought I was nuts, but I was speculating at halftime that Tomlin wasn't yelling at them in the locker room.

If you're gonna be a Steeler fan, you've got to be cool under pressure ;)

Galax Steeler
01-16-2011, 08:12 AM
I kept telling my wife we are going to win this game I had faith in this team.

venom
01-16-2011, 08:14 AM
When the third quarter started , we got the ball first and did nothing-thats when I thought it was over. I was soooo angry but I got a phonecall from a friend later on at the game and said they just played Renegade and we should be fine, lol

VTsteel
01-16-2011, 08:25 AM
i never give up on my team . but i had forgot to put my lucky steeler t shirt on . i had my steel universe one on (which after going 7 up at the start of the game was going to be my new lucky shirt :) ) so just before the end of the half i put my old shirt on and at half time dragged the terrible towel out of my cupboard. wifey was in bed and thought i was fooking stupid rummaging around for the terrible towel . BUT hey look wot happened in the second half :) so fellow steeler fans blame me for not wearing my lucky shirt for the first half :) but as a bit of a supersticious person , do i now go through the same scenario next week :)

Yeah, I'm a bit superstitious as well. If it was me - I'd start the game w/ "the old shirt" and the TT . . . don't wait until the 1/2.

Nadroj 20
01-16-2011, 08:29 AM
I didnt think it was over either. We basically gave them their 21 points on fumbles and madisons pass interference...its kinda funny they had 24 points but basically had NO offense.

I felt our defense woould make us some plays to get us back in the game and thats what happened.

Jaquila
01-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Hadnt excactly given up, but I was VERY frustrated about what was going on and I were about to give up=/ thankfully the beginning of the 3'rd Q. changed all that :) I became a believer again when we scored a TD to make it 21-14 :P

Watching Polamalu miss those 2 tackles in the first half just killed me lol

hotrodder07
01-16-2011, 09:28 AM
When the third quarter started , we got the ball first and did nothing-thats when I thought it was over. I was soooo angry but I got a phonecall from a friend later on at the game and said they just played Renegade and we should be fine, lol

That's great! Renegade never fails. I wasn't at the game, but the commentators on TV said something like, "they just played a Steelers Defensive montage and the crowd is going crazy!" The very next play was a 8 yard sack by Harrison. Gotta love it!

Burghfan58
01-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I thought if they came out and got seven on the first posession they could get back in it. When they didn't I figured it just wasn't their day but then Clarks strip of Rice got me renergized.

Godfather
01-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I knew we were getting the ball in the second half, so if we could score quickly we'd be right back in it.

XxKnightxX
01-16-2011, 01:49 PM
I was in my seat at Heinz and it started flurrying and slushing at the time, and i just SAT there, my best friend is just telling me to calm down and have hope. Im like I am hopeful but that was one of the most pathetic halfs Ive seen the Steelers play I didnt just drive twice in less than a day from NJ to Pitt to see this . So I walked out and cooled off and just thought of Ben and his comebacks and our defense basically shutting down their offense. Well low and behold The Steelers did what they had to do to turn it around for themselves, But also for the Fans because that Stadium was dead at the Half.

zulater
01-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Do you think the steelers season was over?

I must confess that I thought it was over ..... it that difficult to win against the Ravens when you trailed by 14 points, but the Steelers have done!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

No but when we ended up settling for a fg attempt at the end of the half, and when that attempt was subsequently missed, I thought that's not good, but we get the ball to start the second half, so I figured better make hay there, or else. Of course that drive after initially showing promise petered out, and I thought damn, just not our day, but then thankfully the tide turned on Rice's fumble, and it was game on from there.

So honestly, I got a little melachony at one point, but never mad or completely discouraged.

And I'll say it here now, win or lose next Sunday, this season's been a helluva ride. :thumbsup:

SteelerSal
01-16-2011, 02:18 PM
And I'll say it here now, win or lose next Sunday, this season's been a helluva ride. :thumbsup:

I agree with most of that....i'm not ready to call it a season after next week!!:drink:

Craic
01-16-2011, 04:15 PM
No but when we ended up settling for a fg attempt at the end of the half, and when that attempt was subsequently missed, I thought that's not good, but we get the ball to start the second half, so I figured better make hay there, or else. Of course that drive after initially showing promise petered out, and I thought damn, just not our day, but then thankfully the tide turned on Rice's fumble, and it was game on from there.

So honestly, I got a little melachony at one point, but never mad or completely discouraged.

I gotta say, that is when I was at my lowest as well.