PDA

View Full Version : Put the Pressure on Flacco

stillers4me
01-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Happy Gameday everyone. As we get ready for the 4:30 p.m. kickoff, I have a couple of more stats to share.

I went back and logged every Ravens’ pass play in the first two Steelers-Ravens games this year. I posted some of the findings over at FanHouse (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/14/key-for-steelers-is-pressuring-joe-flacco/), including a look at how important it is for the Steelers to get pressure on Joe Flacco–his yards per completion is cut in half when the Steelers get pressure on him.

But I also wanted to spell out just how important LaMarr Woodley is to the Steelers’ pressure package. What jumped out in logging every Steelers’ pass rush is that Woodley was sent more often than James Harrison–14 more times in the first two games................

Read more @ http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/01/put-pressure-flacco/

ALLD
01-15-2011, 07:34 AM
When you send the blitz leave somebody back to cover Ray Rice. He is the safety valve. Do that and you shut down the O.

HometownGal
01-15-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't care who blitzes Flacid - pressure the living shit out of him the ENTIRE GAME and scare him into making mistakes. Let him see the whites of your eyes D! :tt03:

The Duke
01-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Just like against brady, I'd rather see us losing by blitzing a lot than losing by not blitzing at all

Kill the unibrow!

steelpride12
01-15-2011, 09:37 AM
We all know the Steelers D will shut down Rice and the run game early and often which I think the Rats have planned to pass all over the Steelers D, so bring the pressure all game long from different angles, with the some hidden coverages and we will get to Flacco!

SteelerFanInStl
01-15-2011, 09:46 AM
When you send the blitz leave somebody back to cover Ray Rice. He is the safety valve. Do that and you shut down the O.

Yep. Anyone that watched the Ravens vs. Chiefs game saw Flacco dumping off to Rice the whole game. We gotta pick him up coming out of the backfield.

Bluecoat96
01-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Just like against brady, I'd rather see us losing by blitzing a lot than losing by not blitzing at all

Kill the unibrow!

What's that saying? Live by the sword, die by the sword? I think it applies for today's game.

steelreserve
01-15-2011, 11:55 AM
It's pretty well-known that Flacco gets rattled under pressure and you can pretty easily bully him into having a bad game. Just like we always do. Only question is whether we give up another 20 catches to the big lumbering tight end, which is what always seems to keep them in the game.

steelpride12
01-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Flacco 2-5 against our Steelers, bring the heat and he will falter...again.