View Full Version : Greg Lloyd Tribute

steelpride12
06-09-2010, 07:20 PM
What an animal of the 90's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G37GvgoYg5I

Prok
06-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Easily one of my all-time fav's.

I actually got to meet Lloyd and Kevin Greene at camp in '95. They both signed stuff for my son, my niece and me. Not only that, but they took a couple minutes to BS with us as well.

To me, those guys represent Steelers football at it's finest. Leave it all out on the field. Don't back down from anyone. And above all else, when you get the chance, knock the living hell out of somebody!

I still think that was Cowher's best defense, because when it came time to get after the QB those 2 guys could do that with the best of 'em.

:)

venom
06-09-2010, 08:39 PM
He was one of my favorites also . I still have one of his reversable jerseys that was made in the early 90's .

NJarhead
06-09-2010, 08:41 PM
"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

My favorite was when some opposing team members surrounded a smaller Steeler and Lloyd walked over and said, "Hey man, GET THE FUCK OUT OF HIS FACE!" They disappeared as fast as they could.

steelpride12
06-09-2010, 09:43 PM
My favorite was when some opposing team members surrounded a smaller Steeler and Lloyd walked over and said, "Hey man, GET THE FUCK OUT OF HIS FACE!" They disappeared as fast as they could.
He is just the definition of the Steelers smash mouth defense. I love his quotes and his actions spoke bigger than anything possible!

TatarMongol
06-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks 4 the clip. It's awesome 2 C this kind of stuff & learn more from the past.

Wow. I like him more then.

Prok
06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
We had a DT back in the 80's that i loved as well. I believe his name was Tim Johnson? I could be wrong.

Anyone know how i could find out whatever happened to him? I think he played with us for a few yrs then signed with the Redskins.

I'll always remember him dominating cleveland's O-line back in 89'.

Another old player i thought would be great is CB Shawn Vincent. Anyone remember him INT'ing Bernie Kosar then doing the nestea plunge as he crossed the goal-line to seal a win for us back in 90' i believe ??

Vincent
06-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Greg was a badass. One of my favorite Greg memories was the opening cowpie series of SBXXX (#$%$#@#$%^&). The cowpies ran Smith three straight right at Greg. The first two one of their slobs pulled and crushed Greg. 350 lbs of steaming cowpattie blubbernaught against, what, 230. The third time Greg submarined him for a loss. That set the tone. Smith was held to 49 yards on 18 attempts including a 23 yarder. Shut his ass down.

@#$% NOD!

Galax Steeler
06-10-2010, 04:29 AM
Greg Lloyd was a smashmouth kind of player he didn't take no crap and would knock the hell out of opposing players.

Dodt
06-10-2010, 09:05 PM
0makes me still wish i had his jersey.(dang growth spurt.)

BlastFurnace
06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
We had a DT back in the 80's that i loved as well. I believe his name was Tim Johnson? I could be wrong.

Anyone know how i could find out whatever happened to him? I think he played with us for a few yrs then signed with the Redskins.

I'll always remember him dominating cleveland's O-line back in 89'.

Another old player i thought would be great is CB Shawn Vincent. Anyone remember him INT'ing Bernie Kosar then doing the nestea plunge as he crossed the goal-line to seal a win for us back in 90' i believe ??

Tim Johnson did leave us for the Redskins. He was pretty decent there as well. He left the Steelers before they became good again in 1992.

BlastFurnace
06-10-2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0EkHs9Jcs

Greg Lloyd and Rod Woodson are two of my favorite Steelers ever

BlastFurnace
06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOY9LbCUBk

My favorite LB corps of all time

BlastFurnace
06-10-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvxLbYrX4Pg

Interview with Lloyd after 1995 AFC Championship Game

BlastFurnace
06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-A_MmwFcco&feature=related

BlastFurnace
06-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Question:

Fight between Lloyd and Silverback. Who wins?

steelpride12
06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Question:

Fight between Lloyd and Silverback. Who wins?
Lloyd, he is just plain meaner!

solardave
06-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Easily one of my all-time fav's.

I actually got to meet Lloyd and Kevin Greene at camp in '95. They both signed stuff for my son, my niece and me. Not only that, but they took a couple minutes to BS with us as well.

To me, those guys represent Steelers football at it's finest. Leave it all out on the field. Don't back down from anyone. And above all else, when you get the chance, knock the living hell out of somebody!

I still think that was Cowher's best defense, because when it came time to get after the QB those 2 guys could do that with the best of 'em.

:)

I agree they were a great set. I think we might see some of the nasty this year with Woodley (I think LaMar is going to show the FO what they'll miss if for some stupid reason they don't lock him up!) and Harrison.The difference with Harrison is he's not a trash talker like Loyd was. That's neither bad nor good as lond as he gets the job done.