PDA

View Full Version : Cook: Passing records? MVP? Roethlisberger just wants Super Bowl rings

stillers4me
01-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Amid the frightful images of Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed in Ben Roethlisberger's mind this week there is this happy thought:

"My agent is always passing on little things to me to give me a little extra motivation," Big Ben was saying the other day during a private moment in his corner of the Steelers' locker room. "He told me there's no one left in the playoffs this year who can catch me, but that I can still catch someone. I like that."

We're talking Super Bowls here. Roethlisberger won two in his first six seasons with the Steelers, making him one of just 10 quarterbacks in the 44-year history of the Super Bowl with multiple titles. Should he and the team make it three next month in Dallas at Super Bowl XLV, he would equal former Dallas Cowboys Hall of Famer Troy Aikman and the man he considers the NFL's best, the New England Patriots' Tom Brady. A little extra motivation? How about a lot?................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11014/1117833-87.stm