PDA

View Full Version : Time to Turn Big Ben Loose With More No Huddle?

stillers4me
01-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Steeler Nation has discussed ad nauseum the topic of Ben Roethlisberger being trusted to run the no huddle offense more frequently. And not just this year either. The conversation started a few years ago really, and it stemmed largely from the increased opportunities he seemed to be getting from Bruce Arians during training camp. We haven't seen much of the no huddle from Pittsbugh's offense though. In fact, I'd be curious to know exactly how many snaps and/or drives the Steelers have run from the no huddle, not including two-minute drill situations.

Regardless of why has largely shied away it, I think this weekend's Divisional Round game against the Ravens might be the perfect opportunity to turn Big Ben loose and trust him with several series in the no huddle. For starters, Roethlisberger has really elevated his game from a decision-making standpoint this season..............

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/1/13/1933613/steelers-vs-ravens-time-to-turn-big-ben-loose-with-more-no-huddle

salamander
01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
If it works, then by all means use it!

Count Steeler
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Definitely should be used when the team is looking sluggish or has fallen behind. The up tempo with Ben at the helm, breathes new life into the O.

siss
01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Ben LOVES the no huddle and he's been a good boy lately. Give it to your two time winning QB!

steelpride12
01-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Ben just knows how to show up in the no huddle. He calls the plays he loves and mostly knows will be successful. If needed yes use it.

stlrtruck
01-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Not only that but running the No Huddle can help sustain drives wear out the ravens defense and in the 2nd half that will be crucial.

pepsyman1
01-13-2011, 10:26 PM
I'd LOVE to see the Steelers jump into the no-huddle right from the start of the game and see if we can get the Ravens on their heels with a fast start and an early lead. Once we've got them reeling, then settle back into our normal offense and pummel them once they are winded on defense. These games are always tough and close and always seem to come down to only one or two plays, I'd love to see us have a little more margin for error instead of holding our breath till the very end.

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I'd love to see it, especially against the Ravens. Their secondary, except Reed of course, is suspect and we need to take advantage of that.

GBMelBlount
01-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Don't mean to be a homer but I have a really good feeling about Ben this weekend.

I think if the Steelers unleash Ben and run the offense around his strengths (i.e. no huddle) this could be the deciding factor in a huge "W" tomorrow.

The Duke
01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Don't mean to be a homer but I have a really good feeling about Ben this weekend.

I think if the Steelers unleash Ben and run the offense around his strengths (i.e. no huddle) this could be the deciding factor in a huge "W" tomorrow.

Same here

The ravens secondary doesn't strike fear at all (other than Reed but Ben seems to make him irrelevant every time). As long as the line keeps ngata and suggs away from him he should be great

Plus he's had 2 weeks to heal his nose foot and whatever else he had, and it didn't seem to bother his play before the bye

HometownGal
01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey I'm all for the no-huddle if the situation calls for it and we may have success with it against a not-so-stellar Rats secondary (other than Reed). No huddle, half huddle, all huddle - whatever it takes to win. :heh:

7SteelGal43
01-14-2011, 03:47 PM
I love running the no huddle. Keeps the defense on its heels

tube517
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
One reason they don't use the no huddle too much, is that it wears them out. I read an article (in 2009) where Hines was talking about it and he said it works but they can't run it all the time and that is why they only use it when necessary.

Or maybe it's just Hines being old... :old: :chuckle:

I found the article: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09311/1011576-66.stm

SMR
01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd love to see it, especially against the Ravens. Their secondary, except Reed of course, is suspect and we need to take advantage of that.

^^^
This!