PDA

View Full Version : Coach Cowher Stops by Steelers practice as an analyst.

Carolina Steelers
01-13-2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da8d6a/article/excoach-cowher-drops-by-steelers-practice-as-analyst?module=HP_headlines

SteelerSal
01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Numerous players consoled Cowher over the death of his wife, Kaye, who died of cancer in June. She and the couple's three daughters -- Megan, Lauren and Lindsay -- were a familiar sight at Steelers home games and the team's training camp.

That had to be rough for Coach and the players who knew Kaye. Wish the article had photos of him there talking with his old players.

XxKnightxX
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
This only proves that he is and forever will be a Steeler no matter what. He honestly could of been the Joe Paterno of the NFL and coached the Steelers till he turned 98 lol

Carolina Steelers
01-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I agree he will always be a Steeler and always welcome back to the City, but I think the team needed a change.

GutterflowerSteel
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Coach Cowher was on Sirius NFL Radio right afterwards w/T-Rock & PK, on the way to the airport. He talked about how he had breakfast with his Mom this morning, and when he went to the facility, it was the first time he'd been back in 4 years. It was good to see the support staff and all of 'his' players. He mentioned that he talked to Coach T for quite a while, and how it was strange to sit in his old office in the chair that so many players used to sit in when they came to talk to him. He visited with Coach LeBeau for a bit, and laughed that "some things never change" because he beat Kevin Colbert at racquetball ... again :)

He also said that he's not ready to return to coaching - it was a very sad offseason for him and his girls, and he said that he didn't have that fire to return yet. He's happy being an analyst - for now.

Coach Cowher will always have a Steel heart and soul :tt02:

stillers4me
01-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Coach Cowher was on Sirius NFL Radio right afterwards w/T-Rock & PK, on the way to the airport. He talked about how he had breakfast with his Mom this morning, and when he went to the facility, it was the first time he'd been back in 4 years. It was good to see the support staff and all of 'his' players. He mentioned that he talked to Coach T for quite a while, and how it was strange to sit in his old office in the chair that so many players used to sit in when they came to talk to him. He visited with Coach LeBeau for a bit, and laughed that "some things never change" because he beat Kevin Colbert at racquetball ... again :)

He also said that he's not ready to return to coaching - it was a very sad offseason for him and his girls, and he said that he didn't have that fire to return yet. He's happy being an analyst - for now.

Coach Cowher will always have a Steel heart and soul :tt02:

Thanks, Linda! My car has been in the shop since before Christmas...I miss my Sirius NFL radio!

GutterflowerSteel
01-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks, Linda! My car has been in the shop since before Christmas...I miss my Sirius NFL radio!
Oh, that sucks! I get it online for an extra $2.99/month so I can listen to it during work :) Hope you get your car back soon!