PDA

View Full Version : Smith still hopeful about playing against Ravens

stillers4me
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
He won’t be a game-time decision but apparently it will be close to that for Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith.

Smith is scheduled to have an MRI taken on his left arm today, and he and the Steelers will get results of that scan Saturday.

Smith, who has not practiced since partially tearing his left triceps in an Oct. 24 game, is holding out hope that he will play against the Ravens, assuming he gets good news from his latest MRI.

“I would love to (play) but it depends on what the staff and doctors think,” Smith said after the Steelers’ final practice of the week.

As for the challenge of playing despite missing so much practice time, Smith said, “I’ve been doing this for 12 years of my life so I think I can go out there and do it. I believe 100 percent in my heart that I can go out there and play football. I wish I was back yesterday but it’s just a time thing.”.............

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/01/13/smith-still-hopeful-about-playing-against-ravens/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29