PDA

View Full Version : Panthers LB Thomas Davis re-tears ACL, done for year

polamalubeast
06-09-2010, 05:40 PM
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2010/06/davis-another-torn-acl.html

Quote:
Davis confirmed that he tore the ACL again Wednesday afternoon, saying he'd have surgery soon to repair the ligament once more.

The news is crushing for the Panthers on many levels, not the least of which is the psychological blow of losing a team leader so early.

SMR
06-09-2010, 05:58 PM
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2010/06/davis-another-torn-acl.html

Quote:
Davis confirmed that he tore the ACL again Wednesday afternoon, saying he'd have surgery soon to repair the ligament once more.

The news is crushing for the Panthers on many levels, not the least of which is the psychological blow of losing a team leader so early.

This sucks so bad. I liked him and the Panthers just got Clausen. I was hoping things would look up for them. Who knows?

steelpride12
06-09-2010, 06:05 PM
What a shame. It sucks losing a player before the season even starts, def. when they are your defensive leader.

steeldevil
06-09-2010, 06:46 PM
yep my facebook wall is lighting up with anger as we speak. Its ok though, for most of my friends the NFL and college football are just things to do until college bball season. (I agree with them on the college footbal part).

The Duke
06-10-2010, 08:05 PM
that sucks for them, he's a heck of a player

trading chris harris makes a bit more sense now though

steelerdude15
06-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Very sad to see, hopefully he can make a full recovery and play next year.

tony hipchest
06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
the news is even more crushing for him.

if it werent for the labor dispute he woulda been an unrestricted free agent this year and cashed in on his first (and odds say last) huge payday and mega contract.

instead he was a restricted free agent (much like the chargers, v. jackson and m. mcniel, who are threatening to sit out of camp).

t. davis signed his restricted free agent deal, then went out to practice and ripped up his knee in the same day.

kmsteelerwr15
06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Gotta feel bad for him. He is a player I enjoy to watch and hopefully he can make a full recovery for whenever the next season is