PDA

View Full Version : Confidence level for divisional playoff game vs. Ravens.

zulater
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
How confident are you today?

Count Steeler
01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
High. Has been since I realized how our WR crew was developing and how well our defense has played and is only getting better. The O (Arians) also impressed me about 4-5 weeks ago when they announced they were going to work on the red zone offense. And of course, the way Ben has played. He came in a winner, he has played like a winner, he will continue to be a winner, and he will end as a winner.

solardave
01-13-2011, 04:15 PM
We win. Clark knocks MaGahee out AGAIN!!! Troy has a pick six.

fansince'76
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Somewhat. I think we're better, but not by a lot.

HometownGal
01-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm very confident but not over-confident. This is going to be a battle as all Steelers/Rats games are, but the stakes are higher than in regular season games. I expect a close game but the Steelers have the 12th man in their home crowd and I believe they will be the victors. :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Um, I voted for IN THE BAG...so there needs to be at least a 1 in the 95% section.

Yeah...I did it. FCK THEM! WE GOT THIS!

zulater
01-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm very confident but not over-confident. This is going to be a battle as all Steelers/Rats games are, but the stakes are higher than in regular season games. I expect a close game but the Steelers have the 12th man in their home crowd and I believe they will be the victors. :tt02:

Would you mind correcting my spelling of victory in the poll question please HTG. :doh:

Thanks in advance. :hail:

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 04:39 PM
seriously though...there should be a 1 for the 95%...like for real...I did click that one.

JHSilverback
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
I feel pretty good going into this game...I like our matchups against them

JayC
01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
i'm more nervous than i can remember for our afcc a couple years ago. today i have a bad feeling so i'm going with 26-50%. hopefully tomorrow or even tonight after i'm done with my classes for this week i should feel better :P (i'm about to go to some nearly 3 hour class and use energy i don't have and speak and do group work so i feel like shit about everything at the moment)

Craic
01-13-2011, 04:42 PM
I think everyone is fooling themselves if they think this game will be:

1. Won by more than 7 points
2. decided before the last minute or so of the game
3. Comfortable in any, shape, or form to watch.

Of course-- That doesn't mean I am not expecting a blowout !! :wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Then I'm the biggest fool on the planet cause I am feeling Steelers Big!

SHOCK THE WORLD! All the talking heads keep saying "Ravens match up best against the Pats" and the Ravens are going to be picked more this weekend, its already started on the ESPN Podcasts...everyone taking the Ravens...no one is going to see the Beat Down Coming!

YEAH! 95%+ CONFIDENCE!!!! Now PLEASE Fix It! Cause I voted that way! Dang It! YEAH HERE WE GO !!!!

stillers4me
01-13-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm confident, but I have the defibrillator ready.

http://www.britsattheirbest.com/images/ii_defibrillator.gif

Craic
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Then I'm the biggest fool on the planet cause I am feeling Steelers Big!

SHOCK THE WORLD! All the talking heads keep saying "Ravens match up best against the Pats" and the Ravens are going to be picked more this weekend, its already started on the ESPN Podcasts...everyone taking the Ravens...no one is going to see the Beat Down Coming!

YEAH! 95%+ CONFIDENCE!!!! Now PLEASE Fix It! Cause I voted that way! Dang It! YEAH HERE WE GO !!!!

Of course-- That doesn't mean I am not expecting a blowout !! :wink02:

Dino, you maybe a fool,

But I am pretty much schizophrenic in my thinking- knowing that we will go down to the wire, yet still expecting a blowout! :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
yeah well you're nuts Preach...for sure...

I get why everyone says "3 point game" and "its always close" but I don't know...for some reason...

"I GOT A FEELIN'"

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
you know, the more and more they talk...the more and more the entire "respect" thing is lost on me...They Don't respect the Steelers...they hate us...they really do, and there is no respect involved...they broke our QBs nose with an Illegal hands to the face that wasn't called, they knocked out Heath Miller with an Illegal hit, this year. That T-shirt...that's not respectful...a big purple crow giving us the Middle Finger...nothing respectful about it...

its coming...I just feel it...

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
95%+

OH YEAH!!!

polamalubeast
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I voted...Extremely, this one's in the bag. 95% +:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

GoSlash27
01-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I picked "very", but only because of the way you worded it. We are superior in every phase of the game, statistically speaking. If both teams play to their established levels, then we will win barring any unforseen circumstances.
But it's those unforseen circumstances that make me want to vote "unsure".

O'Malley
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I have not voted. But the Rats almost lost to the Bungles and I was not impresesd by their win against the Chiefs. Everybody knew the Chiefs are young and did not match up well against the Rats. With that said if the Steelers can keep it going like the did in Cleveland then I am pretty confident.

salamander
01-13-2011, 06:07 PM

Hell yeah. 68,000 Terrible Towels should do the trick (yes - 68,000 because of the 'bleachers' they left in from the Winter Classic! Be prepared to see the biggest crowd to ever attend a Steelers game in Pittsburgh!)

XxKnightxX
01-13-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm confident, but I have the defibrillator ready.

http://www.britsattheirbest.com/images/ii_defibrillator.gif

And I got the Lasix and Nitroglycerin in hand like if they were a skittles container .

Steeltreal
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
The Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay!

salamander
01-13-2011, 07:18 PM
The Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay!

Brett Favre. Sorry, I could resist.

Craic
01-13-2011, 10:22 PM
And I got the Lasix and Nitroglycerin in hand like if they were a skittles container .

:rofl2:

Remember to pass them over to me in the 4th quarter please!

Psycho Ward 86
01-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm somewhat confident. I actually feel real good about this game, the closer the game is. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm feeling 7.

tube517
01-13-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm about the same level. Although I will have my blood pressure meds near me.

I'm somewhat confident. I actually feel real good about this game, the closer the game is. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm feeling 7.

PalmerSteel
01-14-2011, 05:57 AM
i put somewhat - 51%. but you know last time i was this wishy washy on the turnout in a playoff game? the 05 season against the colts. that worked out alright!

Kaeg
01-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Should be close. Fewest mistakes will win it, I think. We play our game the way we can, then we should have it.

Edman
01-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I don't feel too confident about this one. It's probably due to the steady stream of Ravens hype in the media this week.

Reports say this is going to be a bad weather game, and while we have Ben, we also have rookies and a second year guy at the skill position playing in their first playoff game. It'll be interesting to see how Sanders and Wallace respond to the pressure.

But maybe this is okay. The Steelers seem to do well when I think they can't do it. So for the teams' sake. I'll keep the steady pessimism going.

steelpride12
01-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Im confident as I am for every Steelers game of course, but at the same time I know the Rat's skill set is close if not equal to the Steelers, I just know that Ben and Troy are X-Factors against the Rat's where they don't have any against us.

SteelGhost
01-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Very .... nervous , LOL.

GO STEELERS !!!!

Dino 6 Rings
01-14-2011, 09:47 AM
95%+!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

polamalubeast
01-14-2011, 03:59 PM
110% confident now!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

zulater
01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
On one level I'm very confident. Though these teams are pretty even, perhaps you could even make the case the Ravens had the better of the play for the majority of the two games this season, the Steelers had the bye, and haven't lost in the divisional playoff round since 92 coming off the bye. That's 6 straight for those unfamiliar with our playoff history, four of those wins by double digits,including both against the Ravens and their former incarnation. ( Browns 94)Also, I think we come into this game with great momentum, relatively healthy. Also I think the x-factor everyone might be overlooking is Heath Miller. Yeah we've been beat over the head all week with Todd Heap, and how he was injured early last game between these two teams, and how he supposedly will find the same coverage holes against us as he did against the Chiefs. And while it's true Heap could cause us some difficulties, I also think it's true that Ben's done a good job of getting Heath involved in the passing game the last few weeks, and if he can do the same today, it's going to open things up for our wr's.

Anyway bottom line my brain is telling me the Steelers will win this one, and I don't think it's going to be as close as it is normally is with these teams.

That's not to say I'm not apprehensive as all get out at the moment, :nervous: but I really think this one is going to turn out good in the end.:thumbsup:

Prediction, Steelers 28-13

steelreserve
01-15-2011, 11:36 AM
I haven't even been nervous about this game at all for some reason. Lately it seems like whenever we play the Ravens with a lot at stake, we really stick it to them. The score's usually pretty close, but it goes our way. 95% for me.

steelerdude15
01-15-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm confident, but the Ravens are going to bring it and they are going to fight until the very end. I feel we have the advantage. Let's go Steelers!!!

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2011, 07:24 PM
95%+!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt02:

salamander
01-15-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm extra super confident about this game! :chuckle:

tube517
01-15-2011, 07:49 PM
I predict zero turnovers and a low scoring game :rofl2:

ALLD
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
The Ravens, much like the team that replaced them when they sneaked out of town- cannot beat the Steelers.

Count Steeler
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
The Ravens, much like the team that replaced them when they sneaked out of town- cannot beat the Steelers.

Not when it really counts.