PDA

View Full Version : Should the Steelers lose.....

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
who will you be pulling for in the AFCC and/or the SB?

Two years ago, after the Ravens lost to Pittsburgh in the AFCC, I posted in that "other" site that while I loathe the Steelers with every fiber of my being, I was pulling for them to win the SB so that the Lombardi Trophy went to the AFCN.

So, I ask you: if the Steelers should lose to the Ravens Saturday, would you be pulling for either Baltimore, the Jets or New England to reach the SB and/or win it, or would you support one of the NFC teams?

No hard feelings if you tell me to eff off. :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I'd be pulling for the Ravens to beat the Patriots in the AFCCG, as well as the Jets, but I'd be pulling for Atlanta to win it all, if they make it past the divisional round, since they've never won it all.

Texasteel
01-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I think it is a good question, even if it will be of no effect after Saturday. I would have no problem ( well maybe a small problem) with cheering the ravens on against either the Jets, or the pantywaist. In fact, probably the SB as well.

Doc
01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll cross that bridge if/when we get there.....

SteelerSal
01-12-2011, 05:55 PM

eff off!! :lol:

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
eff off!! :lol:

I've heard worse!

hotrodder07
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd root for the Ravens in the AFC championship game, just because I hate the Patriots that much. However, I'd still pull for the Packers to win it all. I'm sorry, but I honestly couldn't bare to watch the Ravens win it all, especially knowing they beat us on the way there. It would hurt, bad.

stillers4me
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
It depends on who else is playing. Sometimes I just don't give a rats ass.

Psycho Ward 86
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
I'll be rooting for you guys to dump the Pats, and that will pretty much do it for me lol

Burghfan58
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
NFC

Texasteel
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
It depends on who else is playing. Sometimes I just don't give a rats ass.

Which brings us back to the Ravens.

polamalubeast
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Atlanta Falcons!

Count Steeler
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I'd go Bears or Packers, since they are my next favorite teams that are left.

Actually, would cheer hard for the Hawks so they can embarrass Goodell and they could win the SB that was stolen from them by the refs. :sarcasm:

HometownGal
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
It would be like ramming bamboo shoots under my fingernails, but I'd be pulling for the Rats to beat the Cheaters* and I'm pulling for da Bears to win the NFCC as I've always adored Lovie Smith.

However, we're not going to have to worry about any of that are we? :tt02: :pray: :tt03:

vasteeler
01-12-2011, 07:20 PM
who will you be pulling for in the AFCC and/or the SB?

Two years ago, after the Ravens lost to Pittsburgh in the AFCC, I posted in that "other" site that while I loathe the Steelers with every fiber of my being, I was pulling for them to win the SB so that the Lombardi Trophy went to the AFCN.

So, I ask you: if the Steelers should lose to the Ravens Saturday, would you be pulling for either Baltimore, the Jets or New England to reach the SB and/or win it, or would you support one of the NFC teams?

:buttkick: thats for making me even think about it

The Duke
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Seahawks :chuckle:

Edman
01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
...I'll be pulling for the Rats (should they win) against the Patties(should they get there).

The Pats aren't boasting an undefeated record this time, but they still have Brady, they still have obnoxious fans, and they have Belichump. I hate the Patriots over any damn team in the league and I'll never root for them, ever. My hatred for them is so bad that I rooted for the goddamned Cowboys over the Pats back in 2007. It's not hatred on a respectful level, I hate them on a "You revile this douchebag and want to see him suffer" level.

tube517
01-12-2011, 07:38 PM
If the Steelers don't make it, then my order of preference would be:

1. Green Bay
2. Chicago
3. Atlanta
4. NY Jets
5. Me puking after a long night of tequila
6. Having a root canal
7. Ravens
8. Seasquawks

There, does that answer your question.

vader29
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
If all of the stars align wrong and the Rats win, I'd hope for them to beat the Patriots* but would pull for the Packers, Bears, or Falcons to win the Super Bowl.

Kittyfish
01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Assuming there would be an AFC Super Bowl win, I would be rooting with all my heart for the Ravens to take it all. I look at it in Worst Case Scenario way - if the Ravens win, they have a 2nd Lombardi in a little over a decade and we have to hear the fans bragging on this remarkable achievement and set our hats again for next year. If the Pats* win, however, the WCS is that they have 4 Lombardis out of 5 SB appearances in less than a decade, they are crowned as the Best Team Ever in the History of Sports, Tom Brady and Bellicheck are voted into the Hall of Fame immediately, even before they retire, and we have to listen to their fans, ESPN, and every sports talking head how very very superior the Bradycheck are to the rest of us mere mortals (even more than we do already) for ever and ever amen. Not to mention that the Steelers 2 wins in 4 years would be totally overshadowed. I pray that those Damn Pats don't win another SB until Brady and Bellicheck retire or are run over by a bus, whichever comes first. I might give up my vendetta against them then. Maybe.

Assuming that there will be a NFC win, I think I would like to see Atlanta win their first. They've come pretty close a few times, and it would be nice to see them succeed. I lived in Atlanta for a little while after college, too, so there's that. But then we will have to hear how the great Matty Ice is now a proven elite QB, much better than Ben ever was...

I guess the only thing that would make me really happy is if the Steelers can manage to win their seventh Lombardi. Then someone else can have a chance, I suppose.

stillers4me
01-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I guess the only thing that would make me really happy is if the Steelers can manage to win their seventh Lombardi. Then someone else can have a chance, I suppose.

After the Stairway to 7, 8 would be great!

GoSlash27
01-12-2011, 08:10 PM
If the Steelers lose, it's all the same to me who wins.

Kittyfish
01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
After the Stairway to 7, 8 would be great!

And nine is fine. And ten? Let's do it again!

stillers4me
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
And nine is fine. And ten? Let's do it again!

:lol:

BND65
01-12-2011, 08:25 PM
If the Steelers lose and i reluctantly have to cheer on another team, I would chose the Seahawks. The Steelers were able to win being a 6th seed, why cant a team with a losing record actually win the SB? But the real reason is i hate the ravens and the pukeiots

steelpride12
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Id pull for the Rats against the Pats, but I would pull for the Jets against the Rats if they made it. Then I would want the NFC team to win the SB.

Dino 6 Rings
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
EFF OFF!

pepsyman1
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey Crow
I live just outside of Philadelphia and I still remember year the Sixers were crushing the Celtics in Boston in the playoffs and the Celtic fans started chanting "Beat L.A., Beat L.A." We were their divisional rival, but beating the Lakers and the other conference was still important. As much as I'd hate it, I'd rather see the Superbowl go to the AFC North then anywhere else...PLUS, I think that Roger Goodell would hate to see EITHER of our old school teams win the Superbowl, so as unlikely as it is that we would lose to the Ratbirds, I'd probably pull for them to win if such a travesty happened...lol

JayC
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM
i wouldn't really want any of the remaining afc teams to win the super bowl aside from us. the worst would be the patriots, the 2nd worse would be the ravens, and lastly i could live with the jets if that was my only option aside from the patriots/ravens. if any nfc team remaining won it i really wouldn't cringe or care.

the reason i wouldn't want the ravens too win is because tbh it'd make me jealous. i don't want the cheats to win for other reasons.

X-Terminator
01-12-2011, 11:22 PM
PLUS, I think that Roger Goodell would hate to see EITHER of our old school teams win the Superbowl, so as unlikely as it is that we would lose to the Ratbirds, I'd probably pull for them to win if such a travesty happened...lol

I was teetering toward rooting for the meteor, but now I would root for the Ravens, just to stick it to Pussy Goodell.

Galax Steeler
01-13-2011, 03:21 AM
I would have to say I would be pulling for the Ravens over the Patriots.

Delraich
01-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Can I root for an earthquake in Foxboro? 44k dead.....Ed Reed intercepts a boulder and is the only surviving player for either team. The comish dies twice.

VTsteel
01-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Yeah, there is no way I root for the Ratbirds or the *Cheats . . . EVER. I personally would root for the Packers to win it all if the unthinkable should happen.

stlrtruck
01-13-2011, 06:36 AM
I'd pull for the ravens to make it to the SB but then as long as it was the seahawks from the NFC, I'd be cheering for the NFC team to win it.

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 09:16 AM

No but really, Crow...

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

:chuckle:

SteelGhost
01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
There are 6 teams I'd never root for whatsoever (in no particular order) Dallas, Baltimore, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Denver and New England.

That said, if The Steelers don't make it for the SB, I'd be pulling for the Packers :noidea:

CPanther95
01-13-2011, 11:04 AM
I'd root for the Ravens - at least in the AFC.

... but eff off anyway. :chuckle:

PalmerSteel
01-13-2011, 11:34 AM
i always root for the afc team in the superbowl, unless its the patsies. i hate the ratbirds, but i least i respect them. i hate and have no repsect for the patsies. if not us, i prefer niether so i will go in order if not us = 1-jets 2-ratbirds 3-NFC!

smokin3000gt
01-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Should we lose, I'll be rooting for Ravens to beat the patriots but I will be pulling for the Packers to break it off in your asses come the SB. Mostly because of your smarmy coach and your loud mouth players.

zulater
01-13-2011, 12:47 PM
The Ravens are a damn good team. If they weren't in our division they would probably be among my favorite teams, because I like the style of football they play.

That said I hate the bastards because they are in our division, and I refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Steeler loss at this time Crow!:hmm:

CPanther95
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Come to think of it. I'll probably root for the AFC North all the way.

I want our brand of football to be the standard that teams strive for to curb Goodell's pussification.

GodfatherofSoul
01-13-2011, 01:47 PM
There is NO ONE else in the AFC I'd like to see win. Definitely not the over-hyped Jets. Definitely not Good's Son. And, definitely not the Ravens! I'd cheer on the Seahawks before any of them!

venom
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Ill answer that question IF we lose on Saturday .

P.S. EFF OFFF :violin:

tube517
01-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.

...I'll be pulling for the Rats (should they win) against the Patties(should they get there).

The Pats aren't boasting an undefeated record this time, but they still have Brady, they still have obnoxious fans, and they have Belichump. I hate the Patriots over any damn team in the league and I'll never root for them, ever. My hatred for them is so bad that I rooted for the goddamned Cowboys over the Pats back in 2007. It's not hatred on a respectful level, I hate them on a "You revile this douchebag and want to see him suffer" level.