PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Rats Game Day Forecast

HometownGal
01-12-2011, 04:17 PM
As most of you know and are experiencing, the Northeast is dealing with a huge winter storm with blizzard conditions on the coast. Here in Pittsburgh, we've gotten about 7" of snow thus far. :yay3: The forecast for Saturday's game presently is:

Cloudy and breezy with a couple of snow showers (in Pittsburgh, a couple of snow showers usually means 1-2 inches of snow :heh:) with winds SW @ 14 mph and gusts of 28 mph. High of 33 degrees.

If you're going to the game, please bundle up as it is going to be colder than a witches teet at HF. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

SMR
01-12-2011, 04:24 PM
As most of you know and are experiencing, the Northeast is dealing with a huge winter storm with blizzard conditions on the coast. Here in Pittsburgh, we've gotten about 7" of snow thus far. :yay3: The forecast for Saturday's game presently is:

Cloudy and breezy with a couple of snow showers (in Pittsburgh, a couple of snow showers usually means 1-2 inches of snow :heh:) with winds SW @ 14 mph and gusts of 28 mph. High of 33 degrees.

If you're going to the game, please bundle up as it is going to be colder than a witches teet at HF. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm gonna bundle up like a bear, a black n-gold one!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

fansince'76
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM
It would be great if it turns out to be a snow game. I love snow games. :thumbsup:

SMR
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM
It would be great if it turns out to be a snow game. I love snow games. :thumbsup:

That's what I'm wonderin'. If so, I might start a stadium-sized snowball fight against the visitor (Ravens) side. Hmm.......

Polamalu Princess
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I am okay with a snow game - it will be great!

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Ok, so who does a snow game benefit?

Granted, it's hard to run against Pittsburgh, but Steelers RB's don't fare too well against the Ravens defense, either. So if the weather is nasty and it really affects the passing game, who has a better shot on the ground? Rice, McGahee and McClain...or Mendenhall and Moore?

hotrodder07
01-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Ok, so who does a snow game benefit?

Granted, it's hard to run against Pittsburgh, but Steelers RB's don't fare too well against the Ravens defense, either. So if the weather is nasty and it really affects the passing game, who has a better shot on the ground? Rice, McGahee and McClain...or Mendenhall and Moore?

Well in our week 13 meeting the stats looked like this:

Steelers - 54 yards rushing - 2.2 yards per rush
Ravens - 43 yards rushing - 2.2 yards per rush

Pretty much even, there.

Our week 4 meeting, however, looked like this:

Steelers - 70 yards rushing - 2.6 yards per rush
Ravens - 84 yards rushing - 3.1 yards per rush

One could argue that the ravens were crowding the line of scrimmage in that game, though, because Charlie Batch was the quarterback.

Basically, these teams really couldn't be much more even. I can't wait for saturday!

HometownGal
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Just heard on KDKA that Saturday afternoon's game will be a snow game. We are forecast to get 2-4" of snow throughout the day and it is expected to be snowing during the game. It will also be quite gusty from what Jon Burnett said.

Get the rushing attack primed and ready! :tt02:

JonM229
01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Just hope the NFL doesn't move it to Tuesday night

Randy06
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Pumped this is the weather football was meant to be played in.

fansince'76
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
So if the weather is nasty and it really affects the passing game, who has a better shot on the ground? Rice, McGahee and McClain...or Mendenhall and Moore?

On paper, the Ravens (and you forgot Redman). But the game ain't played on paper, Crow. :wink02: :chuckle:

XxKnightxX
01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Ive gotten 42 inches in 3 weeks but To hell with it this is true football weather right here.