PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Smith has slight chance of playing on Saturday

stillers4me
01-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Aaron Smith won't practice this week, but the Steelers are holding out hope that the veteran defensive end will be able to play, albeit in a limited capacity, on Saturday against the Ravens.

Smith, who is trying to return from a partially torn triceps, will have an MRI taken on his left arm Friday.

The scan, Smith said, will determine where his arm is in the healing process. And if the MRI brings good news, there is an outside chance that Smith could suit up for the Steelers' AFC divisional playoff game.

"It's nice because it's been a long journey up to this point," Smith said. "The guys have done a great job of doing what they had to do to carry us this far. I'd just like to get another opportunity to contribute."...........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_717712.html

steelpride12
01-12-2011, 06:46 AM
I just don't see him being forced to play. Sure he has been seen with pads and a helmet, but he has not fully practiced or gotten his strength or feet back in him yet. Hood has stepped in and played excellent football and I think If Smith is not 100% for Saturday they will sit him and just trust in the youthful Hood.

HometownGal
01-12-2011, 06:50 AM
I agree with steelpride. If Aaron isn't 100% ready, keep him on the sidelines as Ziggy has played admirably in his stead. :thumbsup: Besides - we may need him for our trip to Dallas! :tt02:

salamander
01-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I concur - if he isn't 100% then let him continue to sit. I'd rather not see him complicate his injury. Ziggy has been playing just fine.

LLT
01-12-2011, 07:27 AM
You have to wonder how much of this is motivation for the Steelers...and mind games against the Ravens. Even if he never plays a down...having him suited up on the sideline would be a huge emotional push for the team.