PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben ahead of Brady?

Randy06
01-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Good read on ESPN.

Why Big Ben measures up to Brady
The Pittsburgh quarterback has excelled in a more explosive offense

Ben Roethlisberger could tie Tom Brady with three championships this year.
By the end of the 1977 NFL season, Pittsburgh Steelers star Terry Bradshaw could have had every reason in the world to feel like the world's most overlooked quarterback.

Over the previous six years, he had posted a stellar 49-17 regular-season record and an equally impressive 8-4 postseason mark. Two of those playoff wins were Super Bowl victories and in both of those contests he threw a fourth-quarter touchdown pass that helped seal the win for the Steelers.

Despite this abundance of success, Bradshaw still seemingly had not convinced the world he was among the best at his position. Proof of this can be found in the 1977 All-Pro and Pro Bowl voting.

Bradshaw had guided his team to a 9-5 record and the AFC Central Division title and yet was beaten out for those postseason honors not just by the likes of Bob Griese and Roger Staubach (the consensus choices as the top quarterbacks of that season), but also by lesser talents such as Pat Haden and Jim Hart.

Near the end of the 2010 season, Ben Roethlisberger could be in exactly the same kind of overlooked boat as his Black and Gold predecessor. Like Bradshaw, he has a superb regular-season record (69-29, a .704 win percentage that is third-best of any quarterback since 1970) and a dominant 8-2 postseason mark that includes two Super Bowl titles..............

Read more @ http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=6011130&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_ kc%26id%3d6011130

stillers4me
01-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Great article, Randy!! It's good to know that someone out there other than Steelers fans aren't taking Ben for granted.

tube517
01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
All the "pundits" love Brady and hate Ben. Even before Ben's off field problems. Ask Steve Young.

Borski
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Anywhere anyone can find a link to the full article? I hate that insider crap

Count Steeler
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
That is not a question, but a fact.

SMR
01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
That is not a question, but a fact.

:thumbsup:

HometownGal
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Ben also has one thing Brady doesn't and never will have . . . . BALLS.

Great read Randy and thank you! :drink:

SMR
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM

Well put babe!

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2011, 04:35 PM
4-0 > 3-1 > 2-0

Ben still has work to do. but he is positioned well.

Polamalu Princess
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Ben should be given the credit. He is one of the greatest.

ALLD
01-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Plus Ben wears a jock and Brady wears a Kotex.

zulater
01-11-2011, 06:19 PM

And Brady has one thing hopefully Ben will never have. A bastard son. :chuckle:

HometownGal
01-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Bwa ha ha ha!!!! :lol: :lol: :applaudit:

Craic
01-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Now wait a second.....

Don't you need the former to get the latter???? :huh:

Count Steeler
01-11-2011, 06:40 PM
4-0 > 3*-1 > 2-0

Ben still has work to do. but he is positioned well.

Don't forget the *. 3 wins but, how much cheatin going on?

vasteeler
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
in due time fellas in due time

BigNastyDefense
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Ben never had a coach who was videotaping the other team's defensive signals. I don't care how much the Cheats*, (no)Goodell, and a lot of the knob-slobbing media say that it didn't do any "good". If you know it's against the rules and it doesn't do you any "good", then why keep doing it? Because it helped.

Also, Ben gets hit. He gets hit legally, he gets hit late. He's had his foot sprained/broken and his nose broken just this season. In 2008, Ben Roethlisberger played most of that Super Bowl season with a separated shoulder. He won another Super Bowl playing most of that season with a seriously injured thumb (some reports said sprained, some broken from what I remember).

When a defensive player sneezes in Tom Brady's direction he complains and gets a flag. If he took any of the hits Ben has taken this year, he would have missed games. He's a pussy.

When Ben wins his third Super Bowl (hopefully this season), I will damn sure be placing him above Tom Brady. Three for three in Super Bowls, no cheating scandals.

Bluecoat96
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM

I have to respectfully disagree with you HTG. I'm sure Brady's had plenty of balls......

....IN HIS MOUTH!!!!!!!

86WARD
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Brady's better...for now. What did the rest of the article state? I'm no insider...

Delraich
01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
How can you compare the two players........last time I looked Ben won his titles without cheating. Someday Bwady might actually win something fairly but until then fuck Marsha and anyone or anything coming from that classless cheating pile of shit they call a franchise.

stillers4me
01-11-2011, 08:21 PM
How can you compare the two players........last time I looked Ben won his titles without cheating. Someday Bwady might actually win something fairly but until then fuck Marsha and anyone or anything coming from that classless cheating pile of shit they call a franchise.

Well said. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
01-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Nice read thanks for sharing.

CPanther95
01-12-2011, 07:10 AM

... and hair plugs.

HometownGal
01-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Now wait a second.....

Don't you need the former to get the latter???? :huh:

Ass Chin* stole some sammies from one of the Jets. :heh:

SMR
01-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Big Ben= successfully stopped a car with his head, best quarterback at extending the play, plays without cheating.

Marsha Brady= tuck rule, low-hitting the QB rule, likes to hold young goats, involved with BeliCHEAT, etc....

No contest.