PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger appreciates matchup vs. Ravens, but doesn't enjoy it

polamalubeast
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Saturday’s AFC Divisional playoff game between the Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers marks the second time in the last three seasons that the AFC North rivals will meet three times in a single year.

That doesn’t mean, however, that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger relishes the matchup.

Asked during a conference call with Baltimore media Tuesday afternoon whether he enjoyed lining up against the Ravens, Roethlisberger replied, “As a competitor, yes, you love it, but heck no, I hate playing the Ravens. They’re so good. Defense, every single person and every scheme, everything they do, it just challenges you. As a competitor, you like that challenge and you like the competitiveness, but man, they’re good.”

With both teams splitting the regular-season series, Saturday’s rubber match figures to be must-see TV for many football fans – a circumstance not lost on Roethlisberger.

“It’s always hard fought, it’s always a good game,” he said. “I guess we’re giving the NFL and the fans what they want.”

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/01/roethlisberger_appreciates_matchup_vs_ravens_but_d oesnt_enjo.html

stillers4me
01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I'd say he wasn't too fond of the the last time he played them.

Edman
01-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Ben was always a coach speak Quarterback. Never one to brag and butters up opponents.

Count Steeler
01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Soften them up Ben and then give them the KO punch. Wallace for 42 yards and a TD.

HometownGal
01-11-2011, 04:42 PM
It's good to see Ben taking the high road and not flapping his yap like the Rats always do.

Keep doing your talkin' on the field Ben and show 'em who the true AFCN Champs are. :tt02:

vasteeler
01-11-2011, 06:55 PM
It's good to see Ben taking the high road and not flapping his yap like the Rats always do.

Keep doing your talkin' on the field Ben and show 'em who the true AFCN Champs are. :tt02:

i love that about ben, never has been a me guy

JayC
01-12-2011, 12:27 AM
hold that agression inside so you can let it all out saturday!

Galax Steeler
01-12-2011, 04:26 AM
Ben has taken some hard hits from the Ratbirds I can't blame him.