PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed

polamalubeast
05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Do you still hope that Sweed will become a good player?

It's here to talk about Sweed!:lol:

fansince'76
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeed! :lol:

Texasteel
05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't give up easily. I still think Sweed could be a very good WR for us. Just not this year.

Shawn
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
I hate to say it, but I think he's done. He could still be an excellent player, but he hasn't shown anything at all up to this point. I'm really pulling for him, but I really don't expect him to be on the roster come next season. It's really a shame.

kmsteelerwr15
05-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I hate to say it, but I think he's done. He could still be an excellent player, but he hasn't shown anything at all up to this point. I'm really pulling for him, but I really don't expect him to be on the roster come next season. It's really a shame.

I have to agree with you and it kills me to say it because of the expectations he had, but I sure hope he has the chance to prove us wrong.

steelpride12
05-29-2010, 11:26 PM
How many more chances does he deserve with the Steelers. I mean with the depth at WR this team has as of now I feel he is just unneeded and has failed enough to prove he is not worthy for the Steelers.

polamalubeast
05-29-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200904/sweed412a_330.jpg

http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/LimasSweed.jpg

vasteeler
05-29-2010, 11:51 PM
man i had high hopes for that kid.....but its still not to late

Craic
05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
FS...

This is for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/th_Picture1.gif?t=1275195142 (http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/?action=view&current=Picture1.gif&newest=1)

Shoes
05-30-2010, 12:17 AM
I still like the kid and hope he will get another chance next year.

steelreserve
05-30-2010, 12:28 AM
I hope he still salvages his career ... but I hate to say it, the odds of that don't look too good.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2010, 12:28 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200904/sweed412a_330.jpg

http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/LimasSweed.jpg

I was there for that game. Uggghhh. I felt if he caught that the game could have been done by halftime. Oh well, we still got to see the Steelers win the AFC Title in the end and life was good.

ChosenOne
05-30-2010, 12:42 AM
I hope he gets a chance, but I'm not too sure. With the drafting of two WRs, that gives us three young guys and Sweed may just not make the cut.

wootawnee
05-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Swan was Superbowl 10 MVP his 2nd season........Sweed never showed up with anything in his bag.......You gotta want it...

Shoes
05-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Swan was Superbowl 10 MVP his 2nd season........Sweed never showed up with anything in his bag.......You gotta want it...

I guess you could say the same for Silverback. Remember, Harrison was so green early on in his career that he would simply “give up” on plays he was struggling on and would even ask the coaches not to play him when he was struggling

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 01:03 AM

maybe its just me but im noticing alot of this happening lately...jamarcus russell, lendale white guys are coming into the league and they SHOULD be probowl players but they are just not in the right mindset

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 01:05 AM
I guess you could say the same for Silverback.

kinda, but i think part of his problem was learning the ins and outs of the defense. but then again you never know

Devilsdancefloor
05-30-2010, 03:03 AM
I hope he still salvages his career ... but I hate to say it, the odds of that don't look too good.

i hope he salvages his career he has the tools to do so

Galax Steeler
05-30-2010, 06:23 AM
There is still hope for him just seems like his time is running out though.

Boomerang
05-30-2010, 06:25 AM
I hope he recovers well and earns another shot .

solardave
05-30-2010, 07:02 AM
How many more chances does he deserve with the Steelers. I mean with the depth at WR this team has as of now I feel he is just unneeded and has failed enough to prove he is not worthy for the Steelers.

This year is not his fault. The only thing that keeps me on his side is the hit he put on Ivey in the 2008 AFCCG. The kid has heart and maybe his mental lapse problem is over. It might not matter what we think anyway. If Wallace and the rookie receivers step up in a big way he may not find his way back to our roster period. Let alone be a starter. ( just my thoughts)

solardave
05-30-2010, 07:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1fbkEOQwoc

Here is the hit I'm talking about. I was there with my brother. That was a great hit. Now all he has to do is hang onto the ball!

Kaeg
05-30-2010, 07:07 AM
He hasn't had that many thrown his way. I'd love to see them give him another shot next year. It's only camp anyway. Can't hurt to see if he'll make it. There's always cuts if he doesn't.

polamalubeast
05-30-2010, 07:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1fbkeoqwoc

here is the hit i'm talking about. I was there with my brother. That was a great hit. Now all he has to do is hang onto the ball!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed:lol::hug::love:

ALLD
05-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Sweed might salvage his career if he switches to CB. He now has durability issues to go along with the psychological drama and lack of concentration.

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 07:57 AM
This year is not his fault. The only thing that keeps me on his side is the hit he put on Ivey in the 2008 AFCCG. The kid has heart and maybe his mental lapse problem is over. It might not matter what we think anyway. If Wallace and the rookie receivers step up in a big way he may not find his way back to our roster period. Let alone be a starter. ( just my thoughts)

I just think that the Steelers brought in a WR in the draft and Brown is looking good in OTA's which makes the depth chart even deeper regardless who makes it, but the one player who has not stepped up or made plays when he should have is Sweed and when you play for the Steeler's you don't get 6+ chances to prove yourself. Im sure he could impress another team at some point, but not the Steelers.

Galax Steeler
05-30-2010, 08:02 AM
If Sweed does make it big in the Nfl the drop in the ravens game will stick with him for the rest of his career.

polamalubeast
05-30-2010, 08:16 AM
If Sweed does make it big in the Nfl the drop in the ravens game will stick with him for the rest of his career.

The drop vs Bengals(2009)also:frusty:

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 08:18 AM
The drop vs Bengals(2009)also:frusty:

The big drops in big games kill him the most and these are just example surely the one against the Ratbird's sticks out the most. That game would have been put away and he would be a hero.

Nadroj 20
05-30-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure, sadly his career has become one that can be summed up in one word......."potential"

I think he has the ability, we will see i suppose

T&B fan
05-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Sweed might salvage his career if he switches to CB. He now has durability issues to go along with the psychological drama and lack of concentration.

It has been said if you can't catch the ball "bad hands" then play D .

suitanim
05-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Sigh...

He seems like a good kid. He's made a lot of money for almost nothing. I'm sure he'll turn out okay in whatever endeavor he actually turns out to excel at. But it ain't as a WR in the NFL...

BlastFurnace
05-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I still have hope, just not a lot of confidence.

I was so excited when we drafted him. I wonder how much speed he will lose after this achilles injury.

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM

I was so excited when we drafted him. I wonder how much speed he will lose after this achilles injury.

The thing is we may never know. Other than training camp and pre-season we may not see much of this kid on the field.

smokin3000gt
05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
I think by the time he gets to play and becomes decent his contract will be up so it won't matter much to us. I am excited about Wallace though!

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2010, 08:39 PM
It has been said if you can't catch the ball "bad hands" then play D .

I hear the corners wouldn't mind having more competition this year. If the drop the INT, as long as it doesn't end up in the opposing team's hands, I can sleep easy at night.

stlrtruck
05-30-2010, 09:40 PM
I'd like to see the kid come back for one more try.

Vincent
05-30-2010, 09:48 PM
The kid has all the tools. I hope he rises from the ashes and has a spectacular 15 year career in Pittsburgh.

Psycho Ward 86
05-30-2010, 10:03 PM
The kid has all the tools. I hope he rises from the ashes and has a spectacular 15 year career in Pittsburgh.

i really want him to succeed and im still holding out hope. But when i read that post.... :rolleyes::lol:

Vincent
05-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Dream big Son.

86WARD
05-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I hope he does...do I think he will? Uh...No.

See ya Limas.

vasteeler
05-30-2010, 10:22 PM

i definitely think it will effect his speed

suitanim
06-01-2010, 03:46 PM
It's a pretty good joke now, but it's gonna be a DOOZY in about 5 years. Jermain Stephens and Alonzo Jackson are punchlines, but they had NOTHING like this kind of misguided admiration way after the fact that they failed...

Dino 6 Rings
06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
It does stink that this kid just couldn't be more. But that's what happens with Texas Talent these last 8 years or so, (as I have documented previously)

But I wonder, if his name was John Smith, or Larry Jones, or Jerald Young, would any of us really care? I mean, it was all about the name...we all wanted to yell

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now I fear, we never will get that chance.

SteelMember
06-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Alright a Sweeeeeed thread. Is this where we're supposed to put his IR updates til next year.

Just need that Arians and 1492 thread and we're set. :chuckle:

Oh. and "Can No Lose. Must Wine!"

KyleJDavison
06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I really hope that he can do something next year. I feel so sorry for him. The injury is incredibly inconvenient on a, to this point, dismal career. I really wanted to see great things for him. A receiver with his size and speed had me excited. I really hope that he gets one more chance with the Steelers, and I hope he can make the best of it.

steelsoldier
06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Well as long as the two wideouts drafted this year pan out and Wallace continues to develop I can forget about Sweed a little easier.

Aussie_steeler
06-02-2010, 05:01 AM
He's on the shelf now for the season. Leave him there and begin the dialouge when the box is open.

Time to talk about the active guys. And it looks like they are going to be a pretty good bunch

stlrtruck
06-02-2010, 08:44 AM
I think if he can recover from the achilles tendon, and in the process change his mindset he'll come back just fine and show why he was a good choice in the second round.

suitanim
06-02-2010, 08:46 AM
No need to feel sorry for him. He made it to the show. He stayed on an NFL roster for three years. He made 3.3 million dollars (and to put that into perspective, any of us ham-n-eggers making 100k a year would need 33 years at that rate to equal what he'll make in a fraction of that time). He can "retire" at age 25 and start a second career...maybe open a car dealership, or go to work for a big corporation in Pittsburgh as a spokesman. Companies LOVE ex-NFL players, even guys who bust out of the league.

Indo
06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
I REALLLY wanted Sweed to succeed. As has been said, he has previously shown that all the tools are there. But, at this point, I think I have to agree with Revs....er...Suit; he ain't gonna make it. He is his own worst enemy...I think his nerves helped him to drop a few (hey, even the HoFers dropped a few...), but now he can't get out of his own head----he thinks too much about making the catch, instead of just letting his body do what it KNOWS how to do. And now, with the Achilles injury----that's a tough one to return from; especially if success at your position is dependent upon quickness (and suddenness and glide!) and your ability to gain separation from the d-back.
It's difficult to make those kind of cuts/push-offs after that injury.

Perhaps he will ultimately prove me wrong----but I get the feeling he won't even get the opportunity Ias a Steeler) with the depth we have this year