PDA

View Full Version : Suggs: Ravens-Steelers victor will be NFL champion

polamalubeast
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
The winner of Super Bowl XLV won’t be decided Feb. 6 in Dallas.

It will be determined Saturday when the Steelers host the Ravens in an AFC divisional playoff game. So said Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs today during a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters.

“In my opinion, these two teams are the best two teams in the NFL,” Suggs said. “Anyone will argue that the winner of this game will most likely go on to win the Super Bowl.”

read more

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_717653.html

stillers4me
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Well, he's half right.

pepsyman1
01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I think after all of the reports over the years of how much these teams don't like each other and all the big battles and how close the head to head record is going back to the initial move to Baltimore, I think there is a begrudging mutual respect now between these two teams and Suggs' comments reflect that. Two very physical teams with similar approaches to the game. If the Ravens win, as much as I hate them, I'd still hope to see them go beat up the Patriots.

Edman
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
The Ravens have become a lot more respectful than they have in the past, laying off the trash talk a bit. They don't have big mouths like Rex Ryan and Bart Scott anymore. I remember the Ravens being such huge smack talkers leading up to Steelers/Ravens games, it was that time when not only I hated the Ravens, but I had no respect for them either.

Harbaugh is probably the only dude on the Ravens who acts like a douche, but he's nowhere near as bad as Brian Ballick and Big Blowhard.

steelpride12
01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
It's hard for me to have much respect for the Ratbirds, their coach is a douche and has a big mouth even though he can't beat us in the playoffs.

Randy06
01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
They are good and I respect them I just dont think I could root for them in the superbowl. I would want them to beat the pats though.

SteelGhost
01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I think after all of the reports over the years of how much these teams don't like each other and all the big battles and how close the head to head record is going back to the initial move to Baltimore, I think there is a begrudging mutual respect now between these two teams and Suggs' comments reflect that. Two very physical teams with similar approaches to the game. If the Ravens win, as much as I hate them, I'd still hope to see them go beat up the Patriots.....and lose the SB to the Packers

:chuckle: