PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV

siss
06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will give two separate one-on-one, sitdown interviews today that will be broadcast on Thursday by Pittsburgh television stations KDKA and WTAE.

A third local station, WPXI, has not been granted an interview by Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger, consulting with the Steelers and also an outside public relations firm, will conduct the interviews this afternoon at Steelers headquarters.

Sports anchor Bob Pompeani of KDKA and newswoman Sally Wiggin of WTAE will conduct the separate interviews.

Roethlisberger has answered only two questions publicly since March 5, when he came under investigation for sexual assault in Georgia. Although investigators in that state declined to charge him with a crime, he was suspended for the first 4-6 games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell.

The quarterback went through behavioral evaluation and rejoined his teammates June 1. He made a statement after practice last Thursday and then answered two questions from a gaggle of reporters.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10160/1064291-100.stm#ixzz0qN6Rx764

Bluecoat96
06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will give two separate one-on-one, sitdown interviews today that will be broadcast on Thursday by Pittsburgh television stations KDKA and WTAE.

A third local station, WPXI, has not been granted an interview by Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger, consulting with the Steelers and also an outside public relations firm, will conduct the interviews this afternoon at Steelers headquarters.

Sports anchor Bob Pompeani of KDKA and newswoman Sally Wiggin of WTAE will conduct the separate interviews.

Roethlisberger has answered only two questions publicly since March 5, when he came under investigation for sexual assault in Georgia. Although investigators in that state declined to charge him with a crime, he was suspended for the first 4-6 games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell.

The quarterback went through behavioral evaluation and rejoined his teammates June 1. He made a statement after practice last Thursday and then answered two questions from a gaggle of reporters.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10160/1064291-100.stm#ixzz0qN6Rx764

Good to hear. I hope they post the interviews online, as I don't get these stations.

Prok
06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Awesome. Screw giving CNN, ESPN or any other national news the inteviews. LOL @ WPXI getting snubbed too.

steelpride12
06-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Great keep it to the local Pittsburgh stations so the words he speaks don't get mixed around and turned into garbage for the nation to hear.

venom
06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Just saw the video of the accuser talking to the cops a few minutes ago. Yeesh

polamalubeast
06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/23849280/detail.html

Roethlisberger Gives WTAE First 1-On-1 Interview Since Nightclub Allegations
Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Sits Down At Home With Sally Wiggin
POSTED: 5:36 pm EDT June 9, 2010
UPDATED: 5:59 pm EDT June 9, 2010
Email Print
Comments (0)PITTSBURGH --

Ben Roethlisberger
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sat down with Sally Wiggin for his first one-on-one interview since a young woman accused him of sexual assault in Georgia this year.

The interview took place at Roethlisberger's home in Hampton Township on Wednesday afternoon.

It will air in parts on WTAE Channel 4 Action News at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m., as well as Channel 4 Action News This Morning from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. Thursday and at noon.

First part - From 5 p.m. newscast - Will Steelers Fans Buy His Sincerity?

ThePittsburghChannel.com will post the entire unedited video here on Thursday afternoon.

Sally Wiggin interviews Ben Roethlisberger

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Milledgeville police investigated a 20-year-old college student's claim that Roethlisberger had sex with her in a bathroom at the Capital City nightclub in the early hours of March 5.
(Complete Coverage of The Investigation ... Stories, Slideshows, Videos)

No charges were ever filed against Roethlisberger, and his lawyer denied that any criminal activity occurred.

Roethlisberger is under a six-game suspension from the National Football League for what Commissioner Roger Goodell calls a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

polamalubeast
06-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Video

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/23849475/index.html

steelpride12
06-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Big Ben and Bob Pompeani one on one tomorrow on KDKA at 6:00PM.

siss
06-09-2010, 06:20 PM
"I try my best and hardest to be a role model for kids and do things in the community, but I know I can be even better," Roethlisberger said during the interview. "I strive every day and I bust my butt to be the best quarterback in the NFL for these fans and the Steelers, but I'm going to strive even harder to be the best off the field -- to be the best role model and community leader and whatever I can be off the field.
"I owe that to the fans because I have made a lot of mistakes. From the bottom of my heart, I'm so sorry to them if I've ever wronged even one fan. I am so sorry. I'm going to do everything in my power not to let it happen again."
Ben Roethlisberger

(in my mommy voice) Ben sweety, okay you are sorry. You got caught up in everything that was thrown your way. Its understandable and you seemingly have been knocked down to earth. But sweety, you gotta show us. Show me what you got.

(((((Huggs))))

I kinda just wanna give the guy a hug right now.

salamander
06-09-2010, 06:31 PM
It sounds to me that he is truly sorry. (at least I hope so.)

Let's hope he does whatever he can to repair his tarnished image... although I think all this is here to stay for awhile.

Michael
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Re: Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV
"I try my best and hardest to be a role model for kids and do things in the community, but I know I can be even better," Roethlisberger said during the interview. "I strive every day and I bust my butt to be the best quarterback in the NFL for these fans and the Steelers, but I'm going to strive even harder to be the best off the field -- to be the best role model and community leader and whatever I can be off the field.
"I owe that to the fans because I have made a lot of mistakes. From the bottom of my heart, I'm so sorry to them if I've ever wronged even one fan. I am so sorry. I'm going to do everything in my power not to let it happen again."
Ben Roethlisberger

(in my mommy voice) Ben sweety, okay you are sorry. You got caught up in everything that was thrown your way. Its understandable and you seemingly have been knocked down to earth. But sweety, you gotta show us. Show me what you got.

Thanks for the cool post. I love your humor, I really do.

(((((Huggs))))

I kinda just wanna give the guy a hug right now.