PDA

View Full Version : Bet you anything you want....

zulater
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Bet you anything you want the vast majority of the national media will pick the Ravens to win straight up. Forgetting the Ravens have looked like anything but world beaters the last month of the season prior to yesterday's game against the Chiefs. Further forgetting the Chiefs revealed themselves as frauds the week before when they got obliterated by the mediocre Raiders.

I'm not in the prediction business, and I certainly wont say this is an Easy game. But the Steelers are rested, as healthy as they've been in some time, and have Ben. Oh yeah national media, Big Ben has a habit of beating the Ravens. The game's in Pittsburgh, the Ravens get a short week, an objective mind should conclude the Steelers are a legitimate favorite.

But they wont.

The national media always reacts to the last thing they saw. Beating a mediocre Chiefs team, somehow makes the Ravens invincible? :rolleyes:

SteelerSal
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Thats fine with me...don't like it when the Steelers are media favorites anyways.

salamander
01-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Thats fine with me...don't like it when the Steelers are media favorites anyways.

Agreed. It makes our victories even better!

chenzzo
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree. I heard some of the guys on Sirius slobbering all over the Ravens yesterday evening. They even went so far as to say that they were the more improved team over Pittsburgh. I was thinking, "Did you watch any of their recent games aside from the Chiefs game?". What does beating the Chiefs even mean with their multiple losses to Oakland, who we DESTROYED.

T&B fan
01-10-2011, 11:04 AM

I don't remember a time the Steelers was a media fav .

Doc
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Vegas has us -3.

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Vegas has us -3.

yep, and in the NFL the home team usually gets favored by 3 automatically, so it looks like Vegas is calling it even.

I'm sure that of all the people that "pick" the game, the Ravens will get about 2/3 of them, cause you know, no one is going to pick us cause we can't win playoff games at home against our Rival...just can't happen right?

LLT
01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I will say this...After watching the way the Ravens and Chiefs played this last week. We would have beat either one if they showed up at our house and played that way.

Crow-Magnon
01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Well, rest assured that Cowher and Merril Hodge will pick the Steelers to win.

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, rest assured that Cowher and Merril Hodge will pick the Steelers to win.

Merril will for sure, Cowher might try to out think the room and go with the Ravens, being everyone expects him to take the Steelers. Woodson will go with the Ravens from the way I've heard him talk on the NFL Network this weekend. That's pretty interesting. But he knows a lot of the guys on the Ravens personally.

Crow-Magnon
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Merril will for sure, Cowher might try to out think the room and go with the Ravens, being everyone expects him to take the Steelers. Woodson will go with the Ravens from the way I've heard him talk on the NFL Network this weekend. That's pretty interesting. But he knows a lot of the guys on the Ravens personally.

I have to admit I was still a little taken aback by The Chin picking KC yesterday. Now, if he does indeed pick the Steelers next week, I would not be surprised. I'm guessing the picks will be close to 50-50, considering both teams ended up 12-4.

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I have to admit I was still a little taken aback by The Chin picking KC yesterday. Now, if he does indeed pick the Steelers next week, I would not be surprised. I'm guessing the picks will be close to 50-50, considering both teams ended up 12-4.

trying to out think the room, I mean the Cheifs made for a good story, but really, they didn't beat anyone of note all year and it was Matt's first playoff game, cause he never got to the playoffs that year he played QB up in New England. They were an 10 win team, or was it 11? that missed the playoffs that season. So he was in way over his head.

I was more shocked that the Colts got beat. I was for sure we'd be playing them this week.

Edman
01-10-2011, 12:42 PM
The Steelers are the Vegas favorites, because that's usually common to open up the home team as the favorite.

But when it comes to the nuthugging and hype in the media, the Ravens will get it all and then some.

The Kansas City Chiefs are the 2008 Miami Dolphins. A Cinderella team that caught fire, got into the playoffs over teams that were better than them, and promptly got smoked by an experienced playoff team. KC was showing signs of breakdown the week before when they got trounced by Oakland at home. Seeing them get crushed by Baltimore yesterday was really no surprise.

Yesterday, the Chefs were actually playing the Ravens pretty well until Charles' fumble. Their inexperience began to show and they faded.

tube517
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Rod goes with the Ravens because they matchup better with every team in the AFC, which is true. Hoge always goes Steelers. Cowher goes with his "gut" instinct, like choosing Amos Zeroue and Jimmy Miller to start.

ALLD
01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
One of the Ravens already said they have "more talent" than the Steelers, on Sirius. Hopefully we get more bulletin board material and everybody hypes the Rats to a 7 point fav.

steelpride12
01-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Perfectly fine with me because history shows when the Steelers are underdogs they do great, just look at the 2005 playoffs and tell me who won all the games the Steelers were not favored. I never much looked at what Vegas thought, and predictions and odds of a football game because we all know the entire nation had the Seahawks to get killed by the Saints, but they proved the quote "any given Sunday."

All that matters is what I think and my Steeler nation friends here think and know and that is our team is rested and well 6-0 with Ben against the Rats and Troy being our strongest X-Factor against Flacco will prevail on Saturday at home with the home crowd singing " Na na na na, na na na naaa, hey hey hey gooooodbyee!"

GutterflowerSteel
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I hope all of the talking football bobble heads DO pick against us - makes me nervous to have 'them' on our side lol We're a better underdog team, and it fires them up to prove all of the loudmouths wrong. I'm already hearing the chirpings of the Ratbird fans that are around me - go ahead and run your mouths - talk shit, get HIT :tt02:

fansince'76
01-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I hope so. As has been mentioned, we play better as the underdog.

Count Steeler
01-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Any media type that speaks well of the Steelers is actually biting their tongue. They can't wait for the Steelers to fail. The Pats* game was a God send for them, and as such, I am kind of glad that we were no longer considered the #1 power team. So let them all salivate over the Pats* and the Ravens, we all know here who is the best team in the league and come Feb 6, so will everyone else.

Galax Steeler
01-11-2011, 03:09 AM
We don't care if we are the favorites or not I like flying under the radar.

JayC
01-11-2011, 08:52 AM
hopefully every single last one of them picks against the steelers