PDA

View Full Version : RAVENS WEEK, PLAYOFF EDITION!

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Regular Season Stats

Ravens Offense # 22
Steelers Defense # 2

Ravens Passing Offense # 20
Steelers Passing Defense # 12

Ravens Rushing Offense # 14
Steelers Rushing Defense # 1

Ravens Scoring Offense # 16
Steelers Scoring Defense #1

Steelers Offense # 14
Ravens Defense # 10

Steelers Passing Offense # 14
Ravens Passing Defense # 21

Steelers Rushing Offense # 11
Ravens Rushing Defense # 5

Steeles Scoring Offense # 12
Ravens Scoring Defense # 3

Steelers Turnovers +17
Ravens Turnovers +7

Time of Possession:
Steelers 32:24
Ravens 31:20

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
They won't be able to run on us, no one can. we'll force the #20 passing game to beat us, and it will be going against our #12 passing defense. The game will be in Flacco's arm, and I like our chances with that.

Our offense should be able to move the ball on the Ravens, especially in the air. Just avoid allowing Reed to make a play and we can win this game on Ben's arm with our running game, being used, even though it will be tough sledding, to keep the linebackers inside while our TE and WRs pick them apart.

I don't see either team making any big splash special teams plays. Neither really rank highly in kick or punt returns.

Its going to be Ben vs Reed and Flacco vs Troy.

who do you like?

Hindes204
01-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I like our chances...as usual it will be a close, bloody game, but I think we are playing on all cylinders right now and have the edge offensively over them. The week of rest will help too, a few of the Ravens were pretty beat up today and they have a short week with the game being on Saturday.

Grab the popcorn ladies and gentleman, it's gonna be a good one

polamalubeast
01-09-2011, 11:31 PM
over the past 17 games it has been about as close as it gets

......................Ravens ======= Steelers
Win========= 8 ============ 9
Points============= 302 ========== 302
Yards per game====== 270 ========= 276
Turnovers=========== 33 =========== 34
thats why its the best rivalry

Edman
01-09-2011, 11:44 PM
There's an X-factor that don't make me too confident about this game.

Yes, Ben has killed the Ravens in the past, but now he doesn't have the luxury of Raven Killer Santonio Holmes. He'll be throwing to a WR core that outside of Hines Ward, will be playing in their first playoff game. Second Year player Wallace and the Rookie Duo of Sanders and Brown. No playoff experience whatsoever until this Saturday. We'll really find out is Wallace is the man to replace Holmes or not. The Ravens will put the pressure on the rookies and limit Ben's options.

There could possibly be an instance in the game where Sanders and Ben miscommunicate which leads to a turnover. Overall, Ben has to bring his championship game.

Hindes204
01-09-2011, 11:56 PM
I thInk there is something to be said about this being Wallaces first playoff experience, but I think being at home, with the crowd behind him, he will feel more comfortable. I am a little worried about the rookies, not so much about wallace

GodfatherofSoul
01-10-2011, 02:01 AM
The Ravens are going to have their hands full covering a peaking Wallace. I'm more worried about being able to run the ball well enough to keep the Ravens honest.

Galax Steeler
01-10-2011, 03:11 AM
I think Ben will use Miller in this game quiet a bit which should open up some of the passing game to the receivers.

HometownGal
01-10-2011, 07:09 AM
This one sure isn't going to be easy and I'm seeing a dogfight the entire game. I'm not too concerned about our receiving corps as these youngins are being mentored by one of the best in the game - #86 and I think they are going to be up for the task. We should be able to gain some yards on the ground against the Rats but I think the passing game is going to be what makes it all happen, along with an A+++ game by our D. Get in Flacid's face early and put the fear of the black 'n gold into him. :tt03:

We also have secret weapon El and I'd love to see a trick play or two utilizing his "special agent" talents! :applaudit: Use Heeeeeeeath as much as possible, as well.

Turnovers could play a huge role in not only setting the tone but the outcome of this game and as long as our guys hold onto the ball and play smart football, I like our chances.

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm already anxious for this game. And I like being anxious and nervous, means I'm not overly confident about the Steelers.

steelpride12
01-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Well we all know no matter what players are on the field and where the game is held this is going to be a bloody, close, dog fight until the end and surely decided by 4 points and under! As always it's going to take our Steelers an A+ effort and 0 turnovers to win this game, Ben already knows how to beat the Rats and I believe Wallace will step up big over Holmes and burn their secondary.

Our defense is hungrier than ever and I know they want this championship more than ever, Troy is our X-Factor and seems to always make one game changing play against Flacco and the Ravens O and I expect at home again he will not disappoint.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!! PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!:tt03::tt03:

Crow-Magnon
01-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Get ready for another slobberknocker. As always.

Another X-factor may be Reed's situation. Instead of being a distraction, it may be a catalyst spurring on the entire team. Yeah, I know most will say it was only KC, but still, out of the four WC games this past weekend, the only dominant win was by the Ravens. The Seahawks margin of victory was five points, the Jets was one point, the Packers was five points and the Ravens was twenty-three points. They came to play...and to win.

I know the Steelers will be favored on Saturday, as they should, especially at home. But I do not foresee some easy victory for them. Not in the least.

vader29
01-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Can't wait for this one! Definitely won't be an easy game, need to shut down Todd Heap for the best chance to win.

Pristas
01-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Can't wait for this one! Definitely won't be an easy game, need to shut down Todd Heap for the best chance to win.

Agreed. Heap has become a favorite target of late. And if he gets moving after the catch watch out... he's too big to arm tackle.

Also, we need long sustained drives which kill the clock. Sushi will play a huge role.

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Get ready for another slobberknocker. As always.

Another X-factor may be Reed's situation. Instead of being a distraction, it may be a catalyst spurring on the entire team. Yeah, I know most will say it was only KC, but still, out of the four WC games this past weekend, the only dominant win was by the Ravens. The Seahawks margin of victory was five points, the Jets was one point, the Packers was five points and the Ravens was twenty-three points. They came to play...and to win.

I know the Steelers will be favored on Saturday, as they should, especially at home. But I do not foresee some easy victory for them. Not in the least.

I think you're spot-on about the X-factor but just like bulletin board material no team at this stage should need it. However, since we're going that path (for now) the Steelers also have some X-Factors. And here's the ones that I see:

1) Ben wasn't playing in the first game at Heinz Field, he should be motivated to prove that the first game was a fluke
2) Aaron Smith has been practicing the last two weeks, he's been out since Week 6 - the spark for other members of the defense
3) The beard

I don't see an easy victory for either of these teams this week. And while both have been known to blow the other out during the regular season, it's the playoffs. Time to put the refs on the sidelines and let the big boys play.

What I hope for is a good game, not marred by incompetent officiating but instead raising the bar of what football should be. So as fans we can put the video before Roger Goodell and say (win or lose) THIS IS FOOTBALL

Crow-Magnon
01-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I think you're spot-on about the X-factor but just like bulletin board material no team at this stage should need it. However, since we're going that path (for now) the Steelers also have some X-Factors. And here's the ones that I see:

1) Ben wasn't playing in the first game at Heinz Field, he should be motivated to prove that the first game was a fluke
2) Aaron Smith has been practicing the last two weeks, he's been out since Week 6 - the spark for other members of the defense
3) The beard

I don't see an easy victory for either of these teams this week. And while both have been known to blow the other out during the regular season, it's the playoffs. Time to put the refs on the sidelines and let the big boys play.

What I hope for is a good game, not marred by incompetent officiating but instead raising the bar of what football should be. So as fans we can put the video before Roger Goodell and say (win or lose) THIS IS FOOTBALL

Which beard? Flacco's? lol

All good points, stlrtruck. My only mention of the Reed X-factor is that sometimes tragedy has a way of really pulling a team together. Whether that spills over into Saturday's contest and beyond remains to be seen.

SteelGhost
01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Both teams' TE's will have a huge role IMHO, Heath and Heap are great, maybe Heath has the edge in blocking skills, and can help a lot in the running game, but it will be hard to run the ball. On the other hand I just HOPE Heap does NOT burn BMac :pray:

GO STEELERS !!:tt03:

Crow-Magnon
01-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Both teams' TE's will have a huge role IMHO, Heath and Heap are great, maybe Heath has the edge in blocking skills, and can help a lot in the running game, but it will be hard to run the ball. On the other hand I just HOPE Heap does NOT burn BMac :pray:

GO STEELERS !!:tt03:

They are both good blockers. Losing Heap early in the last Steelers game really hurt the Ravens by taking away his blocking skills more than catching pases at TE.

SteelGhost
01-10-2011, 09:42 AM
They are both good blockers. Losing Heap early in the last Steelers game really hurt the Ravens by taking away his blocking skills more than catching pases at TE.

I agree Crow, they missed Heap :drink:

Doc
01-10-2011, 11:23 AM
What the weather look like for Saturday late day in the Burgh?

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
thanks for fixing my post from Math Addition to the real word Edition...It was late, I was tired...and I'm kind of stupid LOL

siss
01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
The nose wants revenge!!!

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I think our passing game will be able to put points on the board and our running game should be able to get between 80 - 120 yards total for the game (split carries) Passing we should be able to put enough points up, 20 or 24 that we can walk away with the win because I don't think they can run on us at all, we will hit them in the hole hard and force them into 3rd and longs and I honestly don't think Flacco will be able to make the big throws in a big spot like this. He'll choke, again to us. I just got that feeling.

As long as we don't give up any stupid special teams points, or turnover the ball, we should be able to control the game, control the clock and put these guys on their heels all day. They have trouble defending the pass. At least they have in about 8 games this year.

Butch
01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I kinda got a good feeling about this as well Dino, I really think the week off is going to be a boost to our game. Can't wait for Saturday!!!

ALLD
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
1. Watch the holding on their DBs. They were pulling jerseys all Chief's game and never got called.

2. Somebody chip and cover Rice out of the backfield on the short pass.

3. Watch the quick slant pass.

4. Send the kitchen sink against Bert.

5. Open up a large lead quickly and keep the knife at their throat.

The Duke
01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE]Which beard? Flacco's? lol

this beard

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldc16z9SMJ1qzruh6o1_500.jpg

steel striker
01-10-2011, 02:56 PM
About the only thing that concerns me is our pass defense and, hopefully we will bring it. I really think our oline is coming together at the right time and, I like our chances in this game. ALso Ben is playing really well right now. That extra rest should be off big time this weekend.

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Which beard? Flacco's? lol

All good points, stlrtruck. My only mention of the Reed X-factor is that sometimes tragedy has a way of really pulling a team together. Whether that spills over into Saturday's contest and beyond remains to be seen.

I agree Crow :sick::yuck2:, a tragedy can be a huge boost to rally a team. I'm also just saying the ravens shouldn't need it at this point in the season - especially against the Steelers.

Crow-Magnon
01-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I agree Crow :sick::yuck2:, a tragedy can be a huge boost to rally a team. I'm also just saying the ravens shouldn't need it at this point in the season - especially against the Steelers.

True enough. I don't think either team needs anything extra to get jacked up for a Ravens-Steelers game!

Craic
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
My only problem with this game is that it is not the AFCCG. Oh well.

Other than that, I do truly hope that whatever team wins, goes on to win the SB. It is about time real football show its dominance again. These two teams play real football.

Boh
01-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Got 2 tickets for Saturday, heading up thursday Night.

BigNastyDefense
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
While almost no game against the Ravens is easy, I am confident in the Steelers to win this football game.

The Steelers are rested. Yeah, the Ravens did not come out of the Chiefs game banged up, but they are playing on six days rest instead of the normal seven. The Steelers haven't had to deal mentally with preparing for a Wild Card game and are mentally fresh.

Ben Roethlisberger is a Ravens killer. I honestly feel that he will make a play that tilts the game to the Steelers. Be it with his arm or with his legs. Not to mention, his nose wants revenge!

Troy Polamalu is Joe Flacco's kryptonite. The interception return for a touchdown in the AFC Championship Game. The strip-sack this season. Not to mention in 2008, the strip-sack by James Harrison returned for a TD by LaMarr Woodley. This defense will get into Flacco's head. The Steelers are the more dominant defense. Flacco isn't as "Joe Cool" as some people think he is.

Outside of Ed Reed, the Ravens have a rather weak secondary. They are #20 overall in pass defense. Mike Wallace, Hines Ward & Co. can dominate their secondary. I expect Heath Miller to be a big player in this game as long as he doesn't get knocked out on a helmet-to-helmet hit. If we can hit a few slant routes, with the speed of Wallace and the rookies, it could go all the way for a TD any time.

In the end, the Steelers will be playing for another AFC Championship. Steelers 20, Ravens 13.

ALLD
01-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Also, the Steelers need to come out already warmed up like they are starting the 3rd quarter and not slowly awakening in the first.

The Duke
01-10-2011, 07:20 PM
My only problem with this game is that it is not the AFCCG. Oh well.

Other than that, I do truly hope that whatever team wins, goes on to win the SB. It is about time real football show its dominance again. These two teams play real football.

yep

Too bad we can't have them both in the superbowl

Doc
01-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Eh, as much as I admire the way the Ravens play, rooting for them would make me immediately vomit.

vader29
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
What the weather look like for Saturday late day in the Burgh?

The National Weather Service has issued a "Falling Bird Warning" for Pittsburgh on Saturday Jan. 15th starting at 4:30 p.m. and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times, especially around Heinz Field. Heavy accumulation is likely!

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

GBMelBlount
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
While almost no game against the Ravens is easy, I am confident in the Steelers to win this football game.

The Steelers are rested.

Ben Roethlisberger is a Ravens killer.

Troy Polamalu is Joe Flacco's kryptonite.

Outside of Ed Reed, the Ravens have a rather weak secondary.

In the end, the Steelers will be playing for another AFC Championship. Steelers 20, Ravens 13.

The X-factor?....Ben.

We have momentum, rest and an incredibly stout defense playing lights out.

If Ben (and the O line) is firing on all cylinders....we will win.

steelpride12
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Can't forget Ben I mean he just knows how to beat the Rats and I know he will make it 7-0 on them to our way to the 7th Super Bowl!

Boh
01-11-2011, 01:53 AM
did anyone watch our game Sunday? This happened and he was pulling on his helmet for a good 4 -5 seconds with the ref standing right out of frame watching and didn't call anything. on tv they zoomed in on it while it was happening and of course nantz and simms say nothing. hes gonna tear off my ratbirds head

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2011-01/105407060-09164508.jpg

Borski
01-11-2011, 02:03 AM
yeah, that was pretty dirty

GoSlash27
01-11-2011, 06:21 AM
One minor correction:
The Steelers passing defense is playing at a higher level than the 12 would suggest. Lebeau changed the coverage priority of the zone blitz to protect against the quick pass and we instantly improved by a hundred yards a game.

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2011, 09:03 AM
One minor correction:
The Steelers passing defense is playing at a higher level than the 12 would suggest. Lebeau changed the coverage priority of the zone blitz to protect against the quick pass and we instantly improved by a hundred yards a game.

Very true. Lebeau did vastly improve the secondary calls after the New England fiasco. So averaged out, I think the pass D would actually be 1 or 2, but since we really can't do that, I had to go with 12. But it'll be interesting...I heard yesterday, Cowherd say to Dilfer, "The Steelers secondary is not very good" Really? Having Troy makes them Very Good. Sure McFadden and Taylor aren't Shut Down guys, and Clark is under rated in his position, and Gay sucks at doing anything other than blitzing from a QBs blind side, but I can think of about 24 other teams that wish they had our entire secondary over what they currently have.

Ef that, I hope we get 4 picks this weekend.

The Duke
01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
did anyone watch our game Sunday? This happened and he was pulling on his helmet for a good 4 -5 seconds with the ref standing right out of frame watching and didn't call anything. on tv they zoomed in on it while it was happening and of course nantz and simms say nothing. hes gonna tear off my ratbirds head

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2011-01/105407060-09164508.jpg

Yep

I never liked tyson jackson, he was a reach as a #3 overall and isn't very good still

Now I can't even respect the guy

steelpride12
01-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Im excited actually for the challenge coming toward our secondary. As stated above the Steelers secondary has much improved since the NE game and I believe they are more aggressive and playing better schemes and coverages. I hope the Rats come in thinking they will pass all over us like the teams first meetings because they will be in for a surprise.

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

JHSilverback
01-13-2011, 04:42 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

:tt03::tt02::tt02::tt03::tt02::tt03:

st33lersguy
01-13-2011, 10:49 PM
When the steelers play in the divisional playoffs Saturday it will be six years ago to the day when they played the Jets in the divisional playoffs with kickoff at the same time. Let's hope the results are the same. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

Boh
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Just got to Pitt this evening. Staying at the Westin downtown. Tailgating all day Saturday.

Heres to a great football game from a Ratturd fan

X-Terminator
01-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Just got to Pitt this evening. Staying at the Westin downtown. Tailgating all day Saturday.

Seriously, enjoy the game, and I hope the Steelers fans don't act stupid and give you a hard time!

Craic
01-14-2011, 01:46 AM

Sure is nice when people can be honest :chuckle:

Hope you have a great day Friday, and also a great time tailgating. I also hope your day turns horrid right about 4:03 EST.