View Full Version : On the Steelers: Old song, new twist

LLT
01-09-2011, 03:59 AM
On the Steelers: Old song, new twist
Sunday, January 09, 2011
By Ed Bouchette,
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Re-emphasis on run game doesn't mean this team won't pass through playoffs

It's playoff time, it's cold and the Steelers may be ready to test the long-held theory that the way to win in such circumstances is to run and play good defense.

Playing good defense goes without question for the team ranked No. 2 overall and that was the third-toughest to run on in the history of 16-game schedules in the NFL.

But, as they have the previous two seasons, the Steelers lean more heavily on Ben Roethlisberger and their passing game to get the job done on offense

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11009/1116357-66.stm#ixzz1AWxyrmgW

HometownGal
01-09-2011, 05:00 AM
I've loved the balance of the O this season but my mindset going into the playoffs is whether its via pass, run or a combo of the two, get those points on the board early and often. This is playoff football where the stakes are very high and we can't leave points on the field or waste opportunities given us by the D. We've improved in that department in the last couple of weeks and I want to see that process continue. :tt03:

LLT
01-09-2011, 06:32 AM
I've loved the balance of the O this season but my mindset going into the playoffs is whether its via pass, run or a combo of the two, get those points on the board early and often. This is playoff football where the stakes are very high and we can't leave points on the field or waste opportunities given us by the D. We've improved in that department in the last couple of weeks and I want to see that process continue. :tt03:

Totally agree...I love the balance and think that we are hitting on all cylinders (except left tackle and right guard).

solardave
01-09-2011, 06:54 AM
"except left tackle and right guard" could be our downfall in the playoffs and then again they may sure up and play well. I hope they can at least run block so we can set up the passsing game.

Count Steeler
01-09-2011, 07:29 AM
The O line has had a decent couple of weeks. The O line coach has done well, given the circumstances this year. I just have a quiet confidence that this team, with a nice mix of vets and youngs, is hungry and wants to win another SB. Especially Ben.