PDA

View Full Version : We're likely going to be seeing the Ravens again.

Edman
01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
The Colts lost to the Jets, basically handing the Pats a free ticket to the AFC Championship. I don't see them beating the Patsies.

The Steelers will face Chiefs/Ravens winner tomorrow. Prediction: I don't see the Chiefs beating the Ravens tomorrow either.

fansince'76
01-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Perhaps, but I didn't see the Seahawks beating the Saints either. That being said, damn Colts.

Borski
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Perhaps, but I didn't see the Seahawks beating the Saints either. That being said, damn Colts.

Good point, I was fully prepared to face the Ravens but then 2 games I was sure of who would win, I was wrong. Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

steel9guy
01-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I think i'd have to agree that we play the rats next week.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2011, 10:18 PM
The Chiefs beating the Ravens would be a far smaller upset than what the Seahawks did today. That being said, I feel Round 3 of the greatest rivalry in football coming.

GO CHIEFS! (Win damnit -.-')

tube517
01-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I am likely to be eating wings and drinking some beer as this is the first Sunday I have had off since Super Bowl 43.

Boh
01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
The Football gods couldn't be that awesome could they?

Another game that will add a premature 10 years onto my heart.

stillers4me
01-08-2011, 10:29 PM
The bright side is that Peyton and the colts are one and done. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
01-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Yep - another 10-7/13-10 nailbiter which will do the same to my heart.

tube517
01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
What is Peyton's playoff record now?? Is it even better than the Seahawks record?

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2011, 10:31 PM

Could you guys please play like you do against the Bengals after your done steamrolling the Chiefs?

fansince'76
01-08-2011, 10:32 PM
What is Peyton's playoff record now?? Is it even better than the Seahawks record?

Caldwell's horrible clock management didn't help him this time either.

steeldevil
01-08-2011, 10:38 PM

9-10... LOL!

smokin3000gt
01-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Well if we do play the ravens, it will be much tougher game then pats/jets game is going to be..

Count Steeler
01-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Bring on the Chiefs. Bring on the Ravens. Bring on the Pats*. Bring on the Jets. I don't care who we play, as long as we are playing. If the offense stays aggressive as it has in the last few games, we WILL beat all comers.

steel9guy
01-08-2011, 10:46 PM

I couldn't agree more. Between these last 7 or so games I've literally probably taken 5-10 years off my life.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2011, 10:47 PM
If the offense stays aggressive as it has in the last few games, we WILL beat all comers.

HUH??? You mean our ONE game against the lowly Browns?

Boh
01-08-2011, 10:51 PM
If we show up tomorrow, we should beat the Chiefs no doubt. And when I say show up I mean cam Cameron taking his head out of his ass.

Hes the whole reason our Offense isnt producing the way it should be.

Count Steeler
01-08-2011, 10:53 PM

I mean the steady progression the offense has made over the last 3 games of the season, culminating in the shellacking of the Browns. BTW, the Browns were the only team not to allow 30 points all season, and they beat the Saints and the Pats*.

steel9guy
01-08-2011, 10:53 PM
If we show up tomorrow, we should be the Chiefs no doubt. And when I say show up I mean cam Cameron taking his head out of his ass.

I think we should have a fight featuring Bruce Arians vs Cam Cameron before the game because ravens fans don't like cameron, Steelers fans don't like Arians.

Boh
01-08-2011, 10:58 PM
im down. wheres the popcorn.

Cam will lose in the 4th round of the brawl.

Craic
01-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I mean the steady progression the offense has made over the last 3 games of the season, culminating in the shellacking of the Browns. BTW, the Browns were the only team not to allow 30 points all season, and they beat the Saints and the Pats*.
Exactly. Each game since they stated they made their changes, the offense has gotten better.

BigNastyDefense
01-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I am expecting to see the Ravens at Heinz Field next week, however I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Chiefs take the game and come to Heinz to get a spanking by the Steelers.

Either way, the Steelers will be playing in the AFC Championship Game.

Count Steeler
01-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Great. Another chance to prove Troy is the BEST safety in the league today, and maybe of all time. Also, Ben is going to prove that Flacco doesn't belong in the same league as him.

Randy06
01-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Bring it on.

fansince'76
01-09-2011, 12:10 AM
If we show up tomorrow, we should beat the Chiefs no doubt. And when I say show up I mean cam Cameron taking his head out of his ass.

Y'know, I've heard more than one Steelers fan say that we should've hired Cameron as OC and canned Arians. Is anybody happy with their OC?

Boh
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I think cam will keep the pedal to the metal tomorrow. Our players were very frustrated with him ( nothing was said towards him but its obvious from some articles). I look for a good offensive showing.

Im wondering how Ed Reed will play, with this terrible stuff thats going on with his brother. Im pretty sure the guy has passed away.

fansince'76
01-09-2011, 12:25 AM
I think cam will keep the pedal to the metal tomorrow. Our players were very frustrated with him ( nothing was said towards him but its obvious from some articles). I look for a good offensive showing.

Im wondering how Ed Reed will play, with this terrible stuff thats going on with his brother. Im pretty sure the guy has passed away.

I was very sorry to hear about that. Reed being the player he is will probably play for his brother, if anything.

Devilsdancefloor
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Y'know, I've heard more than one Steelers fan say that we should've hired Cameron as OC and canned Arians. Is anybody happy with their OC?

only OC that is good is um um yeah no one i feel for the guys all of them lol

Pittsburgh43
01-09-2011, 12:44 AM
I was very sorry to hear about that. Reed being the player he is will probably play for his brother, if anything.

I heard on ESPN a little while ago that Reed will play because that's what his brother would have wanted him to do. That's gotta be tough.

Pittsburgh43
01-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Don't care if its a Raven or a Chief. They're not coming into Pittsburgh and leaving with a W.

Here We Go Steelers!!

XxKnightxX
01-09-2011, 01:31 AM

Wait you mean they havent done that in the past? lol

BigNastyDefense
01-09-2011, 07:56 AM
only OC that is good is um um yeah no one i feel for the guys all of them lol

It's kind of like the saying that the most popular player in all of football is the backup QB.

When an offense is rolling, it's the players making the plays. When an offense isn't producing like it was or like it should, the OC is a jackass that can't call plays out of a wet paper bag.

steelpride12
01-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Yupp I mean they Seahawks did beat the Saints so anything can happen, but Im expecting and surely the Steelers will be preparing like it's the Ratbirds, another hard fought, close game coming up.

solardave
01-09-2011, 10:03 AM

Don't forget the Panthers.:jawdrop2: We whipped em' good.

Crow-Magnon
01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Of course, today's game must be played, and yesterday's Saints-Seahawks game certainly proved that. But regardless, my hope was NOT to play the Steelers in the divisional round. I really wanted another Ravens-Steelers AFCC game.

But I'll take it, and hopefully the Jets can put a hurtin' on Marcia before then!

steelpride12
01-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Of course, today's game must be played, and yesterday's Saints-Seahawks game certainly proved that. But regardless, my hope was NOT to play the Steelers in the divisional round. I really wanted another Ravens-Steelers AFCC game.

But I'll take it, and hopefully the Jets can put a hurtin' on Marcia before then!
I hear you. I just want the Jet's to punish the *Pats and even if the Jet's lose give the Pats all the punishment in the world.

Crow-Magnon
01-09-2011, 10:33 AM
I hear you. I just want the Jet's to punish the *Pats and even if the Jet's lose give the Pats all the punishment in the world.

That's my hope.

I mean, in a perfect world (my world, not yours...lol), the Ravens would beat KC today and the Steelers next week, the Jets would take down NE, and Baltimore would host the AFCC at M&T Bank against the Jets. But I will be happy if the Jets lose, but put a serious hurt on Brady and his receiving corps. Clearing the way for the winner of next week's game between Baltimore and Pittsburgh....God willing!

steelpride12
01-09-2011, 10:38 AM
That's my hope.

I mean, in a perfect world (my world, not yours...lol), the Ravens would beat KC today and the Steelers next week, the Jets would take down NE, and Baltimore would host the AFCC at M&T Bank against the Jets. But I will be happy if the Jets lose, but put a serious hurt on Brady and his receiving corps. Clearing the way for the winner of next week's game between Baltimore and Pittsburgh....God willing!
Well put but in my view lol Im hoping now that KC somehow get's lucky and get's the W today against your Rats, but is so banged up and beaten that it's a cake walk for the Steelers next weeks. I know that the Jet's will lose in NE so like we said hoping they give the Pats all they can and tire them out for the Steelers and Pats championship showdown, but that's a perfect world!

Crow-Magnon
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Well put but in my view lol Im hoping now that KC somehow get's lucky and get's the W today against your Rats, but is so banged up and beaten that it's a cake walk for the Steelers next weeks. I know that the Jet's will lose in NE so like we said hoping they give the Pats all they can and tire them out for the Steelers and Pats championship showdown, but that's a perfect world!

Hey, if I were in your shoes, I'd be pulling for KC, too!

steelpride12
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey, if I were in your shoes, I'd be pulling for KC, too!
Im pulling for KC of course for the easy road out, but at the same time we know the Rat's best and would match up better against them then KC who is an alien team to the Steelers.

The WH
01-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Won't lie to you. I don't want the Steelers to play the Ravens just because I am personally sick and tired of watching them play each other.

The WH
01-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Im pulling for KC of course for the easy road out, but at the same time we know the Rat's best and would match up better against them then KC who is an alien team to the Steelers.
How about the staff just show the Steelers a clip of last year when the Chiefs upset them.....

that will get them acclimated again.

KeiselPower99
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Honestly I think the Chiefs have a solid chance of winning. Weis and Crennel are great coaches and they will make the right adjustments. Chiefs 17-13

Akagi
01-09-2011, 11:58 AM
"We're likely going to be seeing the Ravens again..."

Right, and the Bears are going to be seeing the Saints.

PalmerSteel
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
its the playoffs. the old days are over. all teams in the playoffs can beat each other alot easier than it used to be. competition is too tight any more. almost every year it happens now and yesterday showed it again.

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2011, 01:29 PM

what on earth are you talking about

The WH
01-09-2011, 01:46 PM
what on earth are you talking about
that the Raven's best players would be a better matchup against the Steelers best players. most likely because they know them better.

Edman
01-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Right now the Chefs are down 10-7 in the second half. Stopped on 4th Down.

This is where the Rats start to turn up the heat and start winning this game. KC's playoff inexperience is showing.

Yep, Steelers/Ravens Round Three next week it looks like.

Randy06
01-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Won't lie to you. I don't want the Steelers to play the Ravens just because I am personally sick and tired of watching them play each other.

I can never get tired of watching the Steelers play especially when the games are as good as they are, this is a rival and a damn good game everytime we play

steelpride12
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Rats winning 23 to 7 in the 4th so welcome to the rubber match at Heinz Field!

tube517
01-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I know Boldin is liking beating Todd Haley.

st33lersguy
01-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Roger Goodell will hate this matchup

Boh
01-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Great day for Flacco. Our offense and Defense turned it on.

Here we go again with a showdown in Pittsburgh. The way football was ment to be played.

Have a great Sunday evening everyone.

steelpride12
01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Great day for Flacco. Our offense and Defense turned it on.

Here we go again with a showdown in Pittsburgh. The way football was ment to be played.

Have a great Sunday evening everyone.
Amen, can't wait for the rubber match in Pittsburgh, Here We Go Steelers!
Hope to see you on here Saturday!

JayC
01-09-2011, 03:05 PM
bring it on ratturds. nothing would be more satisfying than knocking them out of the playoffs on the way to the superbowl

The WH
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Pittsburgh better get their asses ready. Baltimore isn't pissing around. 1 game in 23 days won't help Pittsburgh when it comes to momentum. I hope Troy and Aaron Smith are as close to 100% as humanly possible. They will be needed. Go Pittsburgh, make this game short, sweet, and move on to NE in NE.

Who is ready for a week of national pundits licking the Ravens' ballsack?

Edman
01-09-2011, 03:24 PM
The Rats want to exorcise their demons against the Steelers and stick it to them for once.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens actually have their nuts hung on this week. They built up a ton of momentum and have the look of a team that really, REALLY wants it this time. Now with their hated rival waiting for them who knocked them out of the playoffs before, they smell blood. Those teams are the most dangerous. Flacco actually didn't suck in a playoff game for once, and they look complete. This game is going to fast and furious. Baltimore will come so hard at the Steelers, I think we shouldn't be surprised if the Steelers find themselves down by a couple early.

I just don't know about this game guys. I would be confident, but something doesn't feel right about this game. Baltimore means business. I don't think our guys can do it this time.

Crow-Magnon
01-09-2011, 03:34 PM
If history serves us, it will come down to three points at the end of regulation. There can be big bombs by Roethlisberger, TD runs by Rice, unreal TD catches by Holmes (now Wallace), INT's by Polomalu and Reed, and yet it never seems to matter more than a FG's worth of points when the clock reads 00:00 in the 4th quarter.

One thing: no matter who wins or loses, it will probably be the best game of the post-season.

Shoes
01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
The Rats want to exorcise their demons against the Steelers and stick it to them for once.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens actually have their nuts hung on this week. They built up a ton of momentum and have the look of a team that really, REALLY wants it this time. Now with their hated rival waiting for them who knocked them out of the playoffs before, they smell blood. Those teams are the most dangerous. Flacco actually didn't suck in a playoff game for once, and they look complete. This game is going to fast and furious. Baltimore will come so hard at the Steelers, I think we shouldn't be surprised if the Steelers find themselves down by a couple early.

I just don't know about this game guys. I would be confident, but something doesn't feel right about this game. Baltimore means business. I don't think our guys can do it this time.

Wow....I'm glad your not leading me into battle! I feel the opposite, I'm very confident we win this one...

7SteelGal43
01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Yep, really looking forward to, albeit a tad nervously, to next week.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO ! ! :tt02:

JayC
01-09-2011, 04:14 PM
the game could go either way and no one wants to lose to their arch rivals and give them something to hold against you so i'm definately more nervous than if we played the colts or chiefs but i'm still 100% confident because we have ben, troy, hines, james, coach tomlin, and more. they sure have some good weapons on offense and this time heap won't be injuried. it should be fun but i think the home advantage, fans, and bye week help us pull this one out

ALLD
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Will be a tough game. Matt Cassel is the second coming of Neil O'Donnel. If I were the Chief's GM I would be looking for a new QB. He is tarnished beyond.

Randy06
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Im already pumped!

stillers4me
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
We beat them last time with a gimpy Ben who also had half his face bashed in at the same time. We are playing even better now than we did then. They'll be ready.

Randy06
01-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow....I'm glad your not leading me into battle! I feel the opposite, I'm very confident we win this one...

No kidding way to be negative

Carolina Steelers
01-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Im kinda glad its the Ravens we will have our A game, nothing like knocking them out of the playoffs. I had a feeling if it was the Chiefs that we might have played down to their level and not have been as focused if that makes any sense. With the raven we know what were getting. This is going to be a 2 chinstarp game you better buckle up tight.

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Will be a tough game. Matt Cassel is the second coming of Neil O'Donnel. If I were the Chief's GM I would be looking for a new QB. He is tarnished beyond.

I'm pretty sure Scott Pioli knows better than you. And I'm pretty sure Cassel's doing alright for a guy with 2 people to throw to. He was playing the Ravens by the way.

The Duke
01-10-2011, 02:14 AM
I'm pretty sure Scott Pioli knows better than you. And I'm pretty sure Cassel's doing alright for a guy with 2 people to throw to. He was playing the Ravens by the way.

THIS!

Did I see Kevin Curtis playing receiver for the chiefs? Really? Guy has been out of football like 2 years already!

His tight end is great, but a rookie. Other than that he has nothing. Chris Chambers' great resurgence in 09 was stopped again just like it did in miami and sandiego. He's been inactive most of the season and will likely not be back in Kansas next season

I don't think cassel is any kind of superstar, but he works for that team, he just needs another weapon in the passing game when everyone locks down on Bowe

NCSteeler
01-10-2011, 05:42 AM
Was really hopign to see KC win to see how Pats did against former Front office and former coaches that understand their shenanigans.

tube517
01-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Cassel can't handle pressure, much like his mentor Marsha. He's still really learning how to be a QB. He's only had 3 seasons as a STARTING QB in college and the NFL.

THIS!

Did I see Kevin Curtis playing receiver for the chiefs? Really? Guy has been out of football like 2 years already!

His tight end is great, but a rookie. Other than that he has nothing. Chris Chambers' great resurgence in 09 was stopped again just like it did in miami and sandiego. He's been inactive most of the season and will likely not be back in Kansas next season

I don't think cassel is any kind of superstar, but he works for that team, he just needs another weapon in the passing game when everyone locks down on Bowe