PDA

View Full Version : Steelers not holding back with Mendenhall

stillers4me
01-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Coach Mike Tomlin once said he would run Willie Parker until the wheels came off, and, toward the end of the 2007 season, they finally did.

Parker was never the same after be broke his right fibula in a Week 15 game in St. Louis, an injury that culminated a three-year period in which he carried 913 times -- an average of 314 attempts per season.

The Steelers are hoping the same thing does not happen to Rashard Mendenhall, who has posted consecutive 1,000-yard seasons and became the first running back since Franco Harris in 1976 to lead the team in scoring................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11008/1116552-66.stm

Galax Steeler
01-08-2011, 06:06 AM
If we could just get the blocking up front and get that push then our running game would be more potent and have more yards per carry.

ALLD
01-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Run him to the outside and throw to him out of the backfield. His hands are so much better now than last season and rarely a fumble anymore.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Redman needs to get the ball more to spell Mendenhall!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Most teams have a 2 back offense and the Steelers will hopefully get Mendenhall more help from Redman, Dwyer and another rookie draft pick. Must have been a reason they didnt select LeGarret Blount......but it looks like they should have instead of Dwyer.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Most teams have a 2 back offense and the Steelers will hopefully get Mendenhall more help from Redman, Dwyer and another rookie draft pick. Must have been a reason they didnt select LeGarret Blount......but it looks like they should have instead of Dwyer.

How many backs do we need?

The Duke
01-08-2011, 03:33 PM

While Blount has been amazing I understand why they didn't take him considering his actions and suspension in college

How many backs do we need?

that's the thing too. We have 2 backs capable of giving mendenhall breathers and we barely use them. 3 if you add Dwyer. I wouldn't put it past the steelers to get another back and barely (if at all) use him to spell rashard

That said, I hope we draft darren evans....

SMR
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Run him to the outside and throw to him out of the backfield. His hands are so much better now than last season and rarely a fumble anymore.

I've noticed that myself. This is most excellent news.

tube517
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Agree...I've been saying this all year.....Mendy's attempts are too high.

Redman needs to get the ball more to spell Mendenhall!