PDA

View Full Version : Woodley gets his 10th sack!

zulater
01-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley tied a team record Wednesday without playing a game.

After a film review by Elias Sports Bureau, Woodley was credited with a full sack in the Steelers' victory Sunday in Cleveland, not a half-sack that he initially was awarded along with fellow linebacker Larry Foote.

That means Woodley finished the regular season with 10 sacks, marking the third consecutive season in which he has registered double-digit sacks. The only other player in team history to do that is outside linebacker James Harrison, who has posted 16, 10 and 10 1/2 sacks, respectively, in the past three seasons

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11006/1115902-66.stm#ixzz1AJAWDLNf

Carolina Steelers
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Woodley had a quiet but productive season like to see him turn it up in the playoffs. Who would of thought with all the great LB's we've had that only 2 have done this and its been this two. Hopefully we can Woodley and keep him around

Nighthawk
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Woodley had a quiet but productive season like to see him turn it up in the playoffs. Who would of thought with all the great LB's we've had that only 2 have done this and its been this two. Hopefully we can Woodley and keep him around

Woodley always turns it up as the season progresses. He's been dropping back into coverage more this year. Definitely played under the radar of most fans, including some steeler fans that think he should have 20 sacks right now I think..

JayC
01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
to me all that matters is the playoff games. 10 is good (not great), step up and get some in the playoffs and i'll care

steelpride12
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
And Woodley haters wanna cry some more? Figured.

polamalubeast
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Lamarr Woodley has 8 sacks in four playoff games in his career!

Psycho Ward 86
01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice, but he really needs to play better if he wants to get that big contract...

The Duke
01-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Still a subpar season for him

Turn it on for the playoffs and it is forgiven though :)

tube517
01-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Woodley must have 30 sacks a year or he is a bust. Get him out of there.

Steeldude
01-06-2011, 11:11 PM
woodley must do something other than make gildon(unblocked/coverage) sacks. how about containment, hustle, pass coverage on a more consistent basis? so far he does not deserve the big salary you know he is going to request.

he did not play well in the browns' game, IMO. i know, i know...he got a sack so it means he is the greatest.

steelerdude15
01-07-2011, 12:19 AM
As long as our LB's are doing their jobs... that's all I care about.

X-Terminator
01-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Woodley still needs to show consistency. Bringing it for 4-5 games a year is not good enough, and like Steeldude said, not enough to justify the big payday he will be looking for. If he insists on being paid more than Harrison, then they need to let him go, as hard as that may be for some people to accept.

zulater
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Woodley still needs to show consistency. Bringing it for 4-5 games a year is not good enough, and like Steeldude said, not enough to justify the big payday he will be looking for. If he insists on being paid more than Harrison, then they need to let him go, as hard as that may be for some people to accept.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/31/steelers-woodley-in-midst-of-strong-all-around-sea

He had a couple subpar games, but his overall year was a lot stronger than think, imo.