PDA

View Full Version : Farrior concedes 18-game sacrifices will be made

stillers4me
01-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Although James Farrior doesn't particularly like the idea of the NFL adding two regular-season games, the veteran linebacker knows that the change is inevitable.
Reacting to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's mass e-mail to five million fans Monday stating that the impending lockout can be avoided if a couple key issues can be resolved, including a restructuring of their current 20-game schedule (four preseason and 16 regular-season games), Farrior wasn't particularly surprised by Goodell's mode of operation.

"Yeah, he was making his pitch to the fans," Farrior said. "You have to make it look like you are not the bad guy. We understand what's going on. We know it is going to be a sticky situation. Hopefully, we will have a season next year, if not, we have to stay strong.".................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_716808.html

43Hitman
01-06-2011, 07:16 AM
There was an interesting stat at the end of that article.

43-21 Bill Cowher's record after his first 4 seasons

43-21 Mike Tomlin's record after his first 4 seasons

fansince'76
01-06-2011, 11:51 AM
One more step along the road to ruin for the NFL....

"Yeah, he was making his pitch to the fans," Farrior said.Not to worry, James - I'm among the fans who got that Email and saw through Goodell's line of bullshit a mile away, as I'm sure the vast majority of other fans who received it did as well.

On a side note, I thought the main sticking point in this negotiation was that the owners don't like the 59.6% piece of the pie the players are getting and want part of it back. :noidea:

GodfatherofSoul
01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Plus, ownership is keeping the books closed so there's no way of knowing if that 59.6% is correct (and it probably isn't).