PDA

View Full Version : NCAA integrity hahaha

NCSteeler
01-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Integrity Takes Holiday at Sugar Bowl
By David Whitley
National Columnist
Text SizeAAA
Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
Let's all raise a toast to the Sugar Bowl. Not only did it save what's left of the Big Ten's football reputation, it is driving do-gooders insane.

They saw Ohio State beat Arkansas, 31-26, Tuesday night thanks to players who should have been in NCAA prison. As a fan of hypocrisy and great football at all costs, I saw the finest bowl game in history.

It will be the finest until Monday night, at least, when Cam Newton single-handedly tortures Oregon in the BCS Championship Game and then announces he is transferring to Ohio State because he likes its compliance staff.

If you're not up on the latest installment of NCAA Follies, five Buckeyes were suspended two weeks ago after the school discovered they'd sold personal awards and memorabilia for money and/or discounted tattoos.

As everyone knows, the NCAA prohibits tattoos unless they are dollar signs on the eyelids of athletic directors.

When Sugar Bowl CEO Paul Hoolahan got wind of the trouble, he called Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith. He said quarterback Terrelle Pryor and the rest of the Tat Gang simply had to come to New Orleans.

"I made the point that anything that could be done to preserve the integrity of this year's game, we would greatly appreciate," he told the Columbus Dispatch.

Integrity? This is college football. We don't need no stinkin' integrity.

Read more: http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/integrity_takes_holiday_at_sugar_bowl/3912560

kmsteelerwr15
01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
So how much will the ring and MVP trophy be sold for?

salamander
01-05-2011, 08:07 PM
So how much will the ring and MVP trophy be sold for?

2 tattoos each.

zulater
01-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I just hope those pricks at the NCAA don't come back in 6 months or 3 years and try to vacate Auburn's title. I've got no love for Auburn, nor Cam Newton, you wont ever convince me he didn't know exactly what his dad was doing as things were happening. But once the game is played, in my opinion the result should never be changed. It's just not fair to all the other parties involved, be it coaches, players, fans or student body. It's an insult to our intelligence when they retro actively vacate victories.

In fact, I would love to see a really good lawyer file a class action suite on behalf of all fans who paid for games who's result's were later vacated. Sue the NCAA and the paticipating Universities for not only the ticket prices, but hotel fare, and all associated costs of going to a Bowl game. Basically they should work the angle that the NCAA in fact perpetuated a fraud on the paying public by taking money for an event that wasn't what it was claimed to be at the time.

Anyway see those bastards have to fork over several hundred million dollars and let's see them try to alter the history books again.

And before anyone assumes it, I have no love for Auburn, USC, or any other University that may have had victories taken away from them after the fact. ( I'm a Pitt fan) It's just that I think it's total bullshit to allow a game to be played and then afterwards try to pretend it never happened, just to appease some pompous suits who get rich off these kids.

steeldevil
05-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Hopefully Butch Davis drowns UNC's program with violations soon....

I mean more than he already has.

I guess the "Carolina Way" does not pertain to their football program....