PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' defensive end Smith takes 'significant' step

stillers4me
01-05-2011, 05:12 AM
The Steelers were treated to a welcome sight Tuesday at practice as defensive end Aaron Smith donned full pads for the first time since partially tearing his left triceps in an Oct. 24 game in Miami.

Smith, who is hoping to return to action at some point during the postseason, did not do a whole lot and left practice before his teammates.

But the step he took yesterday, several of his teammates said, was significant even if it was a small one.

"I think he needed to remember how to put his helmet back on and tie his shoes," Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel joked. "To get him back on the football field running around a little bit was a step in the right direction.".............

Read more @: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_716643.html

HometownGal
01-05-2011, 06:45 AM
While I'd be more than happy if Aaron could come back on January 15th for our first playoff game, that is not being realistic. Hopefully, he'll be able to return for the AFCC. :pray:

salamander
01-05-2011, 09:22 AM
While I'd be more than happy if Aaron could come back on January 15th for our first playoff game, that is not being realistic. Hopefully, he'll be able to return for the AFCC. :pray:

My thoughts exactly. If he's not fully ready to go in the Divisional round then let him sit and get as close to 100% for the AFC Championship game as possible.

SteelGhost
01-05-2011, 09:26 AM
If he plays in the AFCCG I'd be more than happy, kudos to Aaron :thumbsup:

GutterflowerSteel
01-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Keep on healing, Aaron - we need you, Big Guy :tt02:

LLT
01-05-2011, 12:39 PM
The psychological factor of "when" Aaron is coming back has to play on the minds of the defensive coordinators that will have to game plan against us.

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Keisel did offer something to his wife in the spirit of compromise.

"The mustache is getting a little bit out of control," he said. "I'm going to have to get some wax or something and try to tame it a little bit."

Noooo porquee!!!!

kmsteelerwr15
01-05-2011, 08:08 PM
This is great news! I would love to see him on the field for the AFCCG!

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2011, 08:20 PM
We're already crowning ourselves victors of the Divisional Round?

One. Step. At. A. Time.

Prouncey53
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
We're already crowning ourselves victors of the Divisional Round?

One. Step. At. A. Time.

This.

Hopefully the players are taking the divisional round more seriously than some of you are.

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
This.

Hopefully the players are taking the divisional round more seriously than some of you are.

Oh, well I mean it's not like the Ravens or the #1 passing attack in the league (Colts) pose any threat to us...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Somehow I think Smith will suit up for the game and rotate in.....maybe even start. After all, he can probably play at 75% with the bad arm and full go with the other. I think an Aaron Smith at 75% is probably still an asset to the d line.

tube517
01-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Smith will play and after making his first tackle, point at his arm, ala Rod Woodson in SB XXX, pointing at his knee.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Galax Steeler
01-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Somehow I think Smith will suit up for the game and rotate in.....maybe even start. After all, he can probably play at 75% with the bad arm and full go with the other. I think an Aaron Smith at 75% is probably still an asset to the d line.

Agreed I would take a 75% Smith anytime.