PDA

View Full Version : Ben's career (in numbers)

salamander
01-04-2011, 10:03 PM
I was bored and was looking at this stuff. I think it's interesting to look at Ben's numbers over the years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/splits;_ylt=AhO321utPKErSOU3XtFadZf.uLYF?year=care er

tube517
01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
I was bored too and I looked at a very interesting stat. His worst stats are against the NFC East. Probably due to the high # of sacks against him in 2008. His QB rating is low, sacks high and completion %, Yds/G were low and he has had more INT's than TD's against that division. It's a low number of games but it just stuck out to me.

Steelers33
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
those sack numbers are ridiculous

steeldevil
01-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Ben is already beyond halfway to the all-time sacked record...

And yes if you were wondering that record is held by Brett Favre.

BRETT FAVRE.

salamander
01-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I was bored too and I looked at a very interesting stat. His worst stats are against the NFC East. Probably due to the high # of sacks against him in 2008. His QB rating is low, sacks high and completion %, Yds/G were low and he has had more INT's than TD's against that division. It's a low number of games but it just stuck out to me.

I noticed that too. I think it's the only division that he's done that poorly against. Thank God we only play them once every 4 years. lol.

zulater
01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Ben is already beyond halfway to the all-time sacked record...

And yes if you were wondering that record is held by Brett Favre.

BRETT FAVRE.

I expect Ben's sack totals to go down drastically next year. Losing both of his starting tackles this year might prove to be a long term blessing, because I think it's finally occured to Ben that he has to get the ball out quicker.Anyway the rapport he's developing with Sanders, Brown, and Wallace this year with the quick slants, should carry over to next season, and with the return of Colon and Starks, I think you could see the sacks drop to somewhere around 30.

If you look at Brett Favre's career sack numbers his times sacked dropped significantly around his 9th year, so I think a case can be made that Ben's still in his learning curve.

Bottom line, better protection, plus better awareness on Ben's part ,and he'll be downright lethal.

I think the Steelers will have an elite offense next season. .

salamander
01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I expect Ben's sack totals to go down drastically next year. Losing both of his starting tackles this year might prove to be a long term blessing, because I think it's finally occured to Ben that he has to get the ball out quicker.Anyway the rapport he's developing with Sanders, Brown, and Wallace this year with the quick slants, should carry over to next season, and with the return of Colon and Starks, I think you could see the sacks drop to someone around 30.

If you look at Brett Favre's career sack numbers his times sacked dropped significantly around his 9th year, so I think a case can be made that Ben's still in his learning curve.

Bottom line, better protection, plus better awareness on Ben's part ,and he'll be downright lethal.

I think the Steelers will have an elite offense next season. .

B..b..b..b..b..but Bruce Arians..... :heh:

Nah, I agree with you. I like where we stand at this juncture. Such is life in the NFL, especially when we defend every blade of grass in a hostile environment.