PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Strasburg

Carolina Steelers
06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Just watched the game I had it on DVR. This guy looked like the real deal 14k's in 7 inning no walks. 95-99 mph fastball then a nasty curveball. Its only 1 start but he looked amazing!!

Shea
06-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I knew he'd have his first start in the majors in Pittsburgh and was wondering how he'd do and if anyone here would be at the ballpark for this occasion.

I'll look it up in a minute for the final outcome of his performance, but hope some of you guys were able to get to the park and were there for his first appearance in the bigs.

From what the experts are saying, that might be something worth telling your grandchildren if your ass was in the seats for this unique talent.

BPS3akaWirels3
06-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Let's wait until the Nat's play against a real hitting power house.. I love my Buc's but we all know that they are below avg..

BPS3akaWirels3
06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I knew he'd have his first start in the majors in Pittsburgh and was wondering how he'd do and if anyone here would be at the ballpark for this occasion.

I'll look up in a minute for the final outcome of his performance, but hope some of you guys were able to get to the park and were there for his first appearance in the bigs.

From what the experts are saying, that might be something worth telling your grandchildren if your ass were in the seats for this unique talent.

It was there and not here..

kmsteelerwr15
06-08-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm just mad they couldn't have waited like 5 more days to call him up because the Nats triple A team is here in Charlotte this weekend and i really wanted to see him live.

I didn't get the chance to watch the game because I was at work but it looks like he did just fine and I can't wait to watch his other starts since a
I get MASN, and I really can't wait to see him against my Phillies so I know what my boys have to deal with for years to come.

Shea
06-08-2010, 11:41 PM
It was there and not here..

Oops, my bad.

For some reason I had it stuck in my head that he'd be hitting the mound for the first time in the Burgh and thinking about so many here that might be in the stands.

Not surprising, brain farts are unfortunately my specialty.

BPS3akaWirels3
06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm just mad they couldn't have waited like 5 more days to call him up because the Nats triple A team is here in Charlotte this weekend and i really wanted to see him live.

I didn't get the chance to watch the game because I was at work but it looks like he did just fine and I can't wait to watch his other starts since a
I get MASN, and I really can't wait to see him against my Phillies so I know what my boys have to deal with for years to come.

I saw him play when he was in AA at the end of April. It was a good game because Altoona won 6 - 2 or something like that..

venom
06-09-2010, 01:21 PM
He pitched great yesterday . He might not get a test in his next game either , it will be next week @ Cleveland .