PDA

View Full Version : How do the Steelers prepare this week?

zulater
01-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Do the Steelers prepare for any specific opponent this week? Do they work on aspects of all 3 of their potential opponent in the divisional playoff game? If so, by splitting their attention 3 ways do they really accomplish anything? Or perhaps they just work on their own game with no thought of opponent?

Personally though what i would like them to do is game plan and practice like hell for the Patriots until they know who they're playing the following week. Yeah I know, don't look ahead, don't asume, but why not get a leg up on one team you might play, and one that usually schemes circles around you?

As soon as you know who you're playing, you shelf it and go ahead and game plan like hell for who you're going to be playing, but really, it's a lot easiar to prepare for one team, than three, so let's use this week to get the start of an effective plan for the Patriots.

Mtn.Steel
01-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I have to say...respectfully... I disagree. I think we have enough internal improvement to work on. Specifically o-line cohesiveness, penalties and playcalling. I am no guru, but it might be actually healthy to spend one week with no/all opponents in mind working on fundamental aspects. You might say that fundamentals are for early season, but w/ our patchwork o-line, perhaps our stellar D could put them to some tests. I may be wrong, but it could be refreshing and motivating for our weakest link.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2011, 12:12 PM
You watch game film from every game this year and scout yourself and find your own flaws. Watch the losses, the wins and watch all the plays that did and did not work and work out how you would play against yourself. Find your own weakness and figure out how you'd exploit and prepare for that regardless of who you are going to play.

Then...you watch more film...then...more film...and then, Throw the Ball Really Really Really Really Really Really Deep to Wallace....

zulater
01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Think WWBD

( what would Bellichick do) :chuckle:

Mtn.Steel
01-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Think WWBD

Cheat like a little BITCH!!!! He`ll spend his time filming the Ravens game and practices.

XxKnightxX
01-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Just like any other team would do. Dont gameplan but work on fundamentals, Work on massive formation recognition, work on blitz pickup, and work on zone coverage drills. Lets the Pad Popping begin the next week our team is banged up.

Steeldude
01-04-2011, 01:03 PM
regardless of who they are playing they need to work on their running game. it has been horrible lately.

tube517
01-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I have a video camera I could loan...

Think WWBD

steeldevil
01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Work on their own flaws this week.

stlrtruck
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
You watch game film from every game this year and scout yourself and find your own flaws. Watch the losses, the wins and watch all the plays that did and did not work and work out how you would play against yourself. Find your own weakness and figure out how you'd exploit and prepare for that regardless of who you are going to play.

Then...you watch more film...then...more film...and then, Throw the Ball Really Really Really Really Really Really Deep to Wallace....

I would more carefully watch the patriots* game and the jets game to look at the flaws within.

and then.....

Throw the Ball Really Really Really Really Really Really Deep to Wallace

HometownGal
01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Elementary, my dear Zulater. :heh: ;)

FUNDAMENTALS FIRST.

Craic
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
A trip to Georgia?

:buttkick: ok, I'll leave now.

Craic
01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I have to say...respectfully... I disagree. I think we have enough internal improvement to work on. Specifically o-line cohesiveness, penalties and playcalling. I am no guru, but it might be actually healthy to spend one week with no/all opponents in mind working on fundamental aspects. You might say that fundamentals are for early season, but w/ our patchwork o-line, perhaps our stellar D could put them to some tests. I may be wrong, but it could be refreshing and motivating for our weakest link.

I agree with the first and second. The playcalling however, seems to have improved about 400%. That is no longer my worry. I would however, like to see them go back and review tapes to see patterns and what did and didn't work. I guess that would also be playcalling, but I think it is more scheming than actual playcalling.

tube517
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Bellicheck, is that you?? :heh:

I agree with the first and second. The playcalling however, seems to have improved about 400%. That is no longer my worry. I would however, like to see them go back and review tapes to see patterns and what did and didn't work. I guess that would also be playcalling, but I think it is more scheming than actual playcalling.

polamalubeast
01-04-2011, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNooFZPfmgE&feature=related

Psycho Ward 86
01-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Prepare for either the Colts or the Ravens.

The Chiefs are gonna get ripped a new one by the Ravens. And if somehow we ended up playing the Chiefs, I'd just laugh. We'd beat them like a sack of potatoes...

Galax Steeler
01-05-2011, 03:23 AM
I would have to say work on fundamentals until they find out who they are playing.

zulater
01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_717033.html

• Ward said he'll watch the playoff games on TV this weekend but not as a fan. "We can't watch it as entertainment. I've been around so long, I can't watch it without critiquing it.'' said Ward, 34, who will be appearing in his 15th playoff game. Ward said the Steelers didn't prepare for any potential playoff opponent this week — with good reason. "Preparing for a team we're not playing is a waste of time,'' Ward said. "It's Steelers vs. Steelers (in practice). It's not about the other teams.''

steel9guy
01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Ravens next week!!!!!! Another heart pounding game.

Edman
01-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Ward is sorta right. The Steelers need to focus on what they need to do to succeed as a team, so they'll be ready for whoever they play.

But with the Ravens, it's a little different. It's going to be a fight no matter what.

GoSlash27
01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
We'll see how it shakes out tomorrow. Either way, first priority will be play at the line of scrimmage and tackling. If the Ravens win, it'll be another AFCN cage match. If the Chiefs win... well... the Chiefs had better hire someone who knows how to play football.