PDA

View Full Version : My Friend got Invited to the Combine next year!

XxKnightxX
01-03-2011, 05:59 AM
My friend Jamahl Williams, from Kean a D3 school got invited to the combine as a DB, and kick returner and will be in the combine. Hes scheduled to graduate this year and is a proud new father of a baby girl. Heres hes info . I never got to watch him at corner since he played running back with me but I know hes very aggressive and runs hard. if anyone can find any scouting Id appreciate it. I know he isnt the god send talent but I always root for my friends.
http://www.keanathletics.com/sports/fball/2010-11/bios/williams_jamahl_vpt7

Also my other friend who made himself look like a Jackass at the pinstripe bowl by cramping his leg after celebrating a pass deflection might be looking to try out for a team. Da'Mon Merkerson CB #6. He was a great receiver but decided to change to Defense since that offense was not doing well and felt he cant do better if he focused as a corner. hes 6'2 ish and fits the Ike Taylor profile of big physical corners. If anyone can get me a scouting report on both of these guys I'd greatly Appreciate it !
http://stats.syracuse.com/cfb/players.asp?id=156070&team=14

Also if you got any close friends or people that you know personally who might be on the boards or in the prospects of getting into the NFL you can add onto here.

EDIT: he got invited to the 2011 combine, sorry got that last year syndrome still.

Aussie_steeler
01-03-2011, 07:04 PM
My friend Jamahl Williams, from Kean a D3 school got invited to the combine as a DB, and kick returner and will be in the combine. Hes scheduled to graduate this year and is a proud new father of a baby girl. Heres hes info . I never got to watch him at corner since he played running back with me but I know hes very aggressive and runs hard. if anyone can find any scouting Id appreciate it. I know he isnt the god send talent but I always root for my friends.
http://www.keanathletics.com/sports/fball/2010-11/bios/williams_jamahl_vpt7

Also my other friend who made himself look like a Jackass at the pinstripe bowl by cramping his leg after celebrating a pass deflection might be looking to try out for a team. Da'Mon Merkerson CB #6. He was a great receiver but decided to change to Defense since that offense was not doing well and felt he cant do better if he focused as a corner. hes 6'2 ish and fits the Ike Taylor profile of big physical corners. If anyone can get me a scouting report on both of these guys I'd greatly Appreciate it !
http://stats.syracuse.com/cfb/players.asp?id=156070&team=14

Also if you got any close friends or people that you know personally who might be on the boards or in the prospects of getting into the NFL you can add onto here.

EDIT: he got invited to the 2011 combine, sorry got that last year syndrome still.

cant find anything at NFL draftscout on Jamahl Williams.

Below is some info on your other friend.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70956&draftyear=2011&genpos=CB

Chidi29
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
draftscout only goes as far down as D2.

hotboyNYC
02-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Here's some info on ur friend jamahl williams he just finished up his junior season at kean university in which he had 8 interceptions 167 int return yards 57 tackles 3 tfl's 2 forced fumbles and 2 fumbles recovered he returned a 41 int for a touchdown as well he has 15 career interceptions and 160 tackles he led the new jersey athletic conference in interceptions two years in a row 09 with 5 and 10 with 8. He's been named njac first team all conference in back to back seasons along with first team all north region and a first team all southeast region all star I've had the luxury of seeing him play at morrisville college he's extremely fast strong physical and overall an extremely gifted athlete who is a pleasure to watch and is undoubtebly top 5 best safeties the country he's not on draft scout because he's not a senior and draft scout only post seniors it has nothing to do with what level u play at, hope you guys enjoyed this info I got off these websites kean.edu njac.net ecac.com d3 football.com feel free to go on these websites.

hotboyNYC
02-06-2011, 08:52 AM
cant find anything at NFL draftscout on Jamahl Williams.

Below is some info on your other friend.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70956&draftyear=2011&genpos=CB

NFL draftscout only has profiles on seniors that are NFL prospects regardless of what level they play at, Jamahl Williams was only a junior this last past season of 2010 now this upcoming season he will definitely be on NFL draftscrout, and you obviously haven't seen him play if your saying u played) with him cuz he's been playing safety at the college level for 3 seasons already and he's a stud.

XxKnightxX
09-13-2011, 11:42 PM
NFL draftscout only has profiles on seniors that are NFL prospects regardless of what level they play at, Jamahl Williams was only a junior this last past season of 2010 now this upcoming season he will definitely be on NFL draftscrout, and you obviously haven't seen him play if your saying u played) with him cuz he's been playing safety at the college level for 3 seasons already and he's a stud.

Dude thanks so much for your info. I played with him in high school, when he was a running back and I was on OL in his Senior season while I was only a sophmore. He actually took some time off before entering school, and Ive been so busy with work and school myself , that I only see him occasionally and never got to see his games but were always in touch. He just had his first child recently, a gorgeous baby girl and I was at his baby shower and all of that. The guy is working extremely hard to make it to the Pros, Im confident he will get a crack at a job, and hes a black and gold bleeder so hes definitely got his eyes wide open to play or try out for the Steelers. I should take some time and take a Saturday off so I can see him play since all the time that I see him is when hes off with his girl and kid and occasionally at events.

hotboyNYC
09-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Thats good you actually know this kid, I seen him play in upstate NYC and he picked the ball off twice and ran one of the interceptions back for a touchdown. How was he in high school was he good then too? I know he's pretty short cuz it says he's 5 8 but im assuming hes built heavily at 185? Was he big in high school too when you played with him? Why didnt a kid like this play at a divison 1 school cuz he's obviously talented enough what happened with him?

XxKnightxX
10-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Thats good you actually know this kid, I seen him play in upstate NYC and he picked the ball off twice and ran one of the interceptions back for a touchdown. How was he in high school was he good then too? I know he's pretty short cuz it says he's 5 8 but im assuming hes built heavily at 185? Was he big in high school too when you played with him? Why didnt a kid like this play at a divison 1 school cuz he's obviously talented enough what happened with him?

He wasnt as big as he was now I would say he was around 165 but just muscular all over. When I saw him when he started playing at Kean he blew up. The reason why he didnt get so much recognition was that , we just flat out were horrible. Passaic as a high school football team sucked, really bad, bad head coach, bad assistants, and no winning attitude. We got pushed and bullied by teams like Don Bosco (#1 in the nation now) and Bergen Catholic, and they would put him at RB which he got killed, and sometimes danced too much, and they would just run the ball down our throats , and he wouldnt get any chance at DB, but when they threw his way he was all over the ball and receiver, definitely giving good coverage. His senior year we went 1-9 so scouts never paid attention to us, until Tom Elsasser took over and turned Passaic around again like he did 30 years ago with Ironhead Heyward.

XxKnightxX
11-20-2011, 07:56 AM
So Kean got another playoff win yesterday along with Jamahl Williams getting 3 INTs in the game and beating Keans all time INT list. AND guess who he has been talking to in Twitter. Ryan Clark haha.

RealRClark25 ryan clark
“@JamahlWilliams: @RealRClark25 you can read up a lil on this link. keanathletics.com/sports/fball/2…” Congrats I'll click on it now! Good job bro
10 hours ago

hotboyNYC
12-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Thats sweet man It's always nice to see that there is definitely NFL talent in smaller schools. Just because you go to a divison 1 doesn't mean there aren't athletes from smaller schools that are more talented than those D1 guys. There are a ton of guys at the lower levels of college ball that are good enough for the pros, its just a matter of those guys getting a shot. This Jamahl Williams kid seems like he's a really good football player. Does anyone know if he is draft eligible in 2012? Hopefully this kid ends up wearing black and yellow with the #SteelerNation