PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notes: Pouncey should be OK

stillers4me
01-03-2011, 05:26 AM
The Steelers got a scare late in the third quarter Sunday when rookie center Maurkice Pouncey left the game with an injury initially called a stinger.

It’s not believed that Pouncey, the Steelers’ first-round pick in this year’s draft, was seriously injured. However, some Steelers believe that Pouncey may have suffered a mild concussion. Pouncey did not return and was replaced by Doug Legursky.
After the 41-9 rout of the Browns, coach Mike Tomlin was vague when asked about Pouncey.

“Yes, he’s fine,” Tomlin said.

Tomlin was asked specifically, “Was it a stinger?”

“No, I don’t know exactly what happened to him,” Tomlin said. “He’s going to be fine.”

The Steelers’ only other injury that Tomlin addressed was a groin/abdominal injury suffered by cornerback Bryant McFadden in the first quarter. McFadden did not return. He was replaced by William Gay.................

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2011/january/02/steelers-notes-pouncey-should-be-ok.html

XxKnightxX
01-03-2011, 06:08 AM
That groin Injury to McFadden does not sound good at all. If im right hes always had issues with that groin. Lets hope he can heal up during the BYE week.

HometownGal
01-03-2011, 06:25 AM
We're going to need both Pouncey and BMac for the playoffs so I hope their ailments resolve themselves in the next couple of weeks. :pray: