PDA

View Full Version : Playoff schedule

tube517
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Steelers have the early Saturday game in the Divisional round:

NFL WILD CARD WEEKEND

Saturday, January 8

NFC: 4:30 PM (ET) New Orleans at St. Louis/Seattle (NBC-TV)
AFC: 8:00 PM (ET) New York Jets at Indianapolis (NBC-TV)

Sunday, January 9

AFC: 1:00 PM (ET) Baltimore at Kansas City (CBS-TV)

NFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Green Bay at Philadelphia (FOX-TV)

NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Saturday, January 15

AFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Indianapolis or Kansas City or Baltimore at Pittsburgh (CBS-TV)
NFC: 8:00 PM (ET) St. Louis/Seattle or New Orleans or Green Bay at Atlanta (FOX-TV)

Sunday, January 16

NFC: 1:00 PM (ET) Philadelphia or St. Louis/Seattle or New Orleans at Chicago (FOX-TV)

AFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Kansas City or Baltimore or New York Jets at New England (CBS-TV)

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/01/02/wild-card-and-divisional-playoff-schedule/?module=breaking_news

JayC
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
i'd start preparing for indy

venom
01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Its funny that they would put the Falcons on primetime over the Steelers . But Im sure it was written before the playoff where and when the games will begin

Steeltreal
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Thank god its not NBC with ColinsHEAD.

BuddhaBus
01-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I think people are counting the Jets out a little too soon against the Colts. Indy isn't the juggernaut they used to be and the Jets play physical ball. I wouldn't be expecting anything after the season we've seen. Personally, I'd rather have another crack at the Jets. I worry more about a pass happy team like the Colts then I do the Jets. We easily could/should have beaten them the first time and I really don't want to see how Jonathan Scott handles Dwight Freeney.

Borski
01-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I think people are counting the Jets out a little too soon against the Colts. Indy isn't the juggernaut they used to be and the Jets play physical ball. I wouldn't be expecting anything after the season we've seen. Personally, I'd rather have another crack at the Jets. I worry more about a pass happy team like the Colts then I do the Jets. We easily could/should have beaten them the first time and I really don't want to see how Jonathan Scott handles Dwight Freeney.

We wouldn't play the Jets (at least not until the AFC Championship game) If the Jets beat the Colts, they would Play the Patriots

steeldevil
01-02-2011, 10:50 PM
I really hope we dont have to play the Colts... Just never know when Peyton is gonna carve you up.

JayC
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
I really hope we dont have to play the Colts... Just never know when Peyton is gonna carve you up.

i know it feels like forever ago but i remember the cornerbacks getting carved up by the patriots and saints and peyton could do it as well. he isn't colt mccoy or jimmy clausen.

the other thing is freeney and mathis..do i really want to see jonathan scott trying to block those guys? no i don't.

after the patriots, the colts scare me the most because of how they matchup against us.

but i love that we will be at home and peyton wouldn't be in his precious dome and no way they can run the ball.

i understand the games still have to be played but i really hope scott and the cbs among others start looking at how to stop the colts NOW

X-Terminator
01-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I just love how everyone is assuming the Colts are going to beat the Jets. What, exactly, have the Colts shown that says it's a lock they will win? They barely beat a terrible Titans team at home yesterday, and had Kerry Collins not fumbled deep in Colts territory, they would have likely lost the game. The Jets will stop their running game, while the Jets should be able to run at will against their terrible defense, keeping Manning on the sideline. Sanchez will do just enough in the passing game to get the job done. I think the Jets will win and the Ravens will smoke KC, so get ready for Steelers vs. Ravens, round 3.

The Duke
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
I just love how everyone is assuming the Colts are going to beat the Jets. What, exactly, have the Colts shown that says it's a lock they will win? They barely beat a terrible Titans team at home yesterday, and had Kerry Collins not fumbled deep in Colts territory, they would have likely lost the game. The Jets will stop their running game, while the Jets should be able to run at will against their terrible defense, keeping Manning on the sideline. Sanchez will do just enough in the passing game to get the job done. I think the Jets will win and the Ravens will smoke KC, so get ready for Steelers vs. Ravens, round 3.

All valid points, but I still think sanchez will screw it up

I'd prefer playing the jets though, we need revenge for that last second loss

JayC
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
i'm not assuming the colts win but if i was part of our team i would use this week to study/prepare as if we will play the colts. i think the jets will have the fire to beat em just so they can have a chance at brady.

but we know the ravens, you have to admit the chiefs don't scare anyone, so i'd say they should be preparing for the colts and if that doesn't happen then so be it.

steelpride12
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Yupp the Colts won't win their game, the Jet's have an excellent defense and secondary which is key against Peytons so called passing attack this season led by Wayne, and Garcon and without Dallas Clark just not impressive, there really is never a run game in Indy since they rely on the pass so the Jet's will clean that up quickly and force the pass which I think Revis and Cromartie will take care of.

Craic
01-03-2011, 01:58 AM
OH snap. Thank you. When I first saw that, I thought it was 4:30 MY TIME. I'd be ticked if I went to turn on my TV and realized the game was played 3 hours before that.

Galax Steeler
01-03-2011, 03:41 AM
I am ready for whoever comes to Pittsburgh time for some football.

tube517
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
What running game?