PDA

View Full Version : Colts,Chiefs or Ravens

polamalubeast
01-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Who do you think will play in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks?

6.Jets vs 3.Colts
5.Ravens vs 4.Chiefs

tube517
01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm just going to sit back and watch the wild card games. I'm not going to think about this until next Sunday night.

hotrodder07
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I think we'll end up playing Indianapolis. If I had my way, though, we'd be playing Kansas City.

HollywoodSteel
01-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I think we'll play the Colts and the Pats will play the Ravens.

fansince'76
01-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I hope we play the Colts and the weather's lousy. Manning is guaranteed to struggle outside of that dome in bad weather in January.

HollywoodSteel
01-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I think we'll end up playing Indianapolis. If I had my way, though, we'd be playing Kansas City.

Yeah, I was hoping for a scenario where we would play the Chiefs and the Pats would play the Ravens but that's impossible now.

Edman
01-02-2011, 06:20 PM
It all depends on who wins the Jets/Colts game.

Jets win: KC/BAL Winner comes here, Jets go to New England.

Indy Win: Colts come here. KC/BAL goes to New England.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
If the Colts win, we play them regardless of the outcome of the Ravens vs. Chiefs game. I'm thinking we play the Colts. I'd rather play the Chiefs since we match up with them best, and the Colts probably match up with us the best out of those 3 teams, but hey, whatever.

Then again, our offense should be able to scorch their lousy defense.

stlrtruck
01-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I say it's going to be the colts because baltimore will beat the chiefs.

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2011, 06:28 PM
The Chiefs since I think that they're the product of an easy schedule and poor division. They got blown out today by the Raiders. I don't see them getting past the Ravens though.

BigNastyDefense
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I am thinking Colts. They should win their game versus the Jets and I expect the Ravens to beat the Chiefs.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
The Chiefs since I think that they're the product of an easy schedule and poor division. They got blown out today by the Raiders. I don't see them getting past the Ravens though.

Huh, they have to get past the Ravens to play us.

Hate to say it, but I think the Ravens will just annihilate the Chiefs. I'm talking a 17-21 point spread. The Chiefs are fake, and so is whichever team that wins the NFC West.

Iron Steeler
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Really all i want is some one other than kansas city to go to New England... I want to see the ravens or jets go there and play some hard physical football.. If they dont beat em at least bag em up...

for us... KC is obviously the best match up

JayC
01-02-2011, 06:48 PM
imo

best chance is colts
second best chance is rats
third best chance is chiefs

i dont want the chiefs in new england either, please give them the rats or jets

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
We all know Peyton is a huge playoff underachiever, but his average playoff game consists of 24.2 completions of 38.4 attempts, 287 yards, 1.6 TDs and 1.1 INTs. Over 18 playoff games, Manning has put up 5164 yards, 28 TDs, 19 INTs, and a 87.5 QB Rating.

Then again, Peyton's career playoff stats: 21 TD's, 17 INT's, with a 7-7 record

EDIT: I'll try to dig up more stats, just to keep us busy for the next 2 boring weeks lol

venom
01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
What a final 4 it would be,,,,Indy vs Steelers and Ravens vs Pats

43Hitman
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
I think the Jets pull off a miracle win and end up heading north to play the patsies, and the ratbirds beat the chiefs and we see them.

stlrtruck
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
What a final 4 it would be,,,,Indy vs Steelers and Ravens vs Pats

And I can see the rats beating marsha. That defense can work wonders.

Steeltreal
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
2 wild card Host Lose. Ravens to Pitt round 3. NY to NE round 3.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I think the Jets pull off a miracle win and end up heading north to play the patsies, and the ratbirds beat the chiefs and we see them.

Geez I'd hate to play the Ravens again. Imagine the injury list we'd be compiling.

HometownGal
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Colts. Peytoon is going to smoke the Jets D and that fat lizard Ryan like a cheap cigar.

HollywoodSteel
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Anyone know who plays first next week? I'm really hoping the Colts/Jets game is first so that I'll know how to root in the Ravens/Chiefs game.

Just George
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Colts. Peytoon is going to smoke the Jets D and that fat lizard Ryan like a cheap cigar.

this but it is Peyton, best darn QB ever.... :)

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Chiefs could beat the Ravens, Ravens pass D is seriously flawed, not sure if they young team in KC will be able to get out of their own way and make mistakes, but the Ravens D of 2010 isn't something that anyone should really fear. Sure, Ed Reed is the 2nd best safety in the game, but the Ravens offense hasn't exactly been putting up great numbers here lately. The Chiefs are very young but also very fast in all phases of the game. The Raiders did put a beating on them today, but that's a rivaly game and the Raiders went 5-1 in the AFC west I think this season. They aren't a "horrible" Raiders team.

HollywoodSteel
01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Anyone know who plays first next week? I'm really hoping the Colts/Jets game is first so that I'll know how to root in the Ravens/Chiefs game.

Just saw the other thread. Colts/Jets play first so that makes it easy for us as fans. If Colts win, we root for the Ravens to go beat up on the Pats for us. If Jets win, we root for KC so that we get the better match up (and so that we don't have to root for the Ravens).

zulater
01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I really don't care who we play. As long as Ben keeps his game where it's at we can beat anyone anywhere, Patriots included.

Borski
01-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I think the Ravens will beat the Chiefs and the Colts will beat the Jets

We beat the Colts, Ravens beat the Pats

Steelers Vs Ravens rematch for AFC Champ Game

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Chiefs could beat the Ravens, Ravens pass D is seriously flawed

Hell naw! The best teams the Chiefs have beaten the entire season are the Chargers and the Jaguars. Bravo, bravo :rolleyes:. They haven't beaten a single playoff team. Not to mention the Chargers beat the tar out of them during their 2nd meeting. Other than the Division winner in the NFC West, the Chiefs are the most fake playoff team there is!

P.S-The raiders swept their division :)

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 08:11 PM
While we're at it, I have a stupid question:

If the Patriots somehow lost in the Divisional round and we won, the AFC Championship game goes through Pittsburgh right?

VTsteel
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
While we're at it, I have a stupid question:

If the Patriots somehow lost in the Divisional round and we won, the AFC Championship game goes through Pittsburgh right?

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Craic
01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I really want to play the Colts-- and the Ravens play the Pats.

Then I want to see the Ravens come back to Hienz Field in the AFCCG.

More than anything else, another slobberknocker slap your mommie kick your daddy throw the dog over the fence brawl is EXACTLY what Good-deal does NOT want.

steel9guy
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Bob Costas just said at halftime with respect to the Steelers, the colts and pats are the teams of the decade. What an idiot. I guess 2 Superbowls, 4 AFC Title game appearances don't count. I want Indy in the Divisional round then I wanna go up to New England and kick Tom Bradys Butt. I want Bob Costas and the stupid media to see their beloved colts, pats to get killed on national TV!!!!

fansince'76
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
More than anything else, another slobberknocker slap your mommie kick your daddy throw the dog over the fence brawl is EXACTLY what Good-deal does NOT want.

Yep - you KNOW he wants the Colts and Pats.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
so logic dictates that in order for the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl, they'd have to beat the Colts and the Patriots?

BRING IT!

tube517
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Bobby boy is a Baseball guy. He doesn't really follow football and goes with the mainstream lollipop teams, the Pats* and Colts. He doesn't like real teams like the Steelers and Raisins. Plus, he's only 3 ft. tall so he doesn't count

Bob Costas just said at halftime with respect to the Steelers, the colts and pats are the teams of the decade. What an idiot. I guess 2 Superbowls, 4 AFC Title game appearances don't count. I want Indy in the Divisional round then I wanna go up to New England and kick Tom Bradys Butt. I want Bob Costas and the stupid media to see their beloved colts, pats to get killed on national TV!!!!

BuddhaBus
01-02-2011, 11:42 PM
If the Steelers can play like they did today, I don't give a shit if they have to play all 3 at the same time. :tt03:

GodfatherofSoul
01-02-2011, 11:50 PM

His opinion is no doubt based on the number of endorsements Manning makes.

Steeldude
01-02-2011, 11:55 PM
if lebeau plays his pansy 3-8 defense they will lose to the colts and manning.

the steelers haven't done well against playoff teams. the steelers' record vs. playoff teams in 2010 is 2-4.

Steeldude
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM
If Colts win, we root for the Ravens to go beat up on the Pats for us

i want the steelers to play the patriots. i want them to earn the SB trip.

X-Terminator
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM

the steelers haven't done well against playoff teams. the steelers' record vs. playoff teams in 2010 is 2-4.

Which, of course, means absolutely nothing in the postseason.

Steeldude
01-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Which, of course, means absolutely nothing in the postseason.

it shows they have had problems with playoff teams. playing a non-aggressive defense will not win games in the playoffs.

X-Terminator
01-03-2011, 02:49 AM
it shows they have had problems with playoff teams. playing a non-aggressive defense will not win games in the playoffs.

It still doesn't mean a thing. The playoffs are a completely different animal than the regular season, and trends pretty much get thrown out the window. And I doubt very seriously that the defense is going to sit back and allow teams to pick them apart, not when everything is on the line.

Galax Steeler
01-03-2011, 03:31 AM
I say we will be playing the Colts.

XxKnightxX
01-03-2011, 04:51 AM

When we won the superbowl we lost all of our games to playoff teams. Its a whole different ballgame in the playoffs.

Kaeg
01-03-2011, 07:01 AM
I'd rather it be KC, but I think the Colts. But if it plays out that way, then I hope it's Ravens at *Patriots because either they beat them or hopefully at least beat up on them for us. I hope more than anything it's not KC at Foxboro. That would be the closest thing to another bye week for them as possible.

BuddhaBus
01-03-2011, 07:59 AM

With the exception of the Cheatriots*, the Steelers had a legitimate chance to win those other games and one of them was with a fourth string QB at the helm. Not sure I'd exactly constitute that as "problems" though I would agree with it for that Pats* game. Like you intimate, the D will have to be aggressive and go after Brady if they have any hope of beating them, if/when we see them in the playoffs.

Edman
01-03-2011, 08:15 AM
The Steelers went 15-1 in the regular season in 2004, clobbering the Defending Champion Pats and NFC Champion Eagles along the way. How did that work out for them?

The 2005 Team got destroyed by the Top Seeded Colts during the regular season. How did they do?

The 2008 Team lost to the Defending Champion Giants, NFC Runner-Up Eagles, First Seeded Titans, and the 5th Seeded Colts. How did that work out for them?

The playoffs are a whole different beast than the regular season. The Steelers will be ready for whoever comes their way. Except probably New England. They give us hell whenever.

Besides, I'd rather lose to good teams and make the playoffs than lose to bad teams and fail to make it like in 2009.

BuddhaBus
01-03-2011, 08:18 AM
The Steelers went 15-1 in the regular season in 2004, clobbering the Defending Champion Pats and NFC Champion Eagles along the way. How did that work out for them?

The Steelers 2005 Super Bowl Team got destroyed by the Top Seeded Colts and lost a tough game to the AFC North Champ Bengals at Heinz during the regular season. How did they do?

The Steelers 2008 Super Bowl Team lost to the Defending Champion Giants, NFC Runner-Up Eagles, First Seeded Titans, and the 5th Seeded Colts. How did that work out for them?

The playoffs are a whole different animal than the regular season. The Steelers will be ready for whoever comes their way.

:amen:

Crow-Magnon
01-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I think the Ravens will beat the Chiefs and the Colts will beat the Jets

We beat the Colts, Ravens beat the Pats

Steelers Vs Ravens rematch for AFC Champ Game

I'll go for that.

I know Baltimore's offense looked rather dismal yesterday, but I think after looking athe scoreboard and seeng PIT-7 CLE 0 with 14:17 left in the 1st quarter, I think they knew the Steelers were division winners no matter how the Bengals game turned out. But next week is a whle different ballgame, when it's win or go home. I give kudos to the Chiefs for winning the AFCW, but they are definitely the weakest of the 6 playoff teams in the AFC. They could have been the #3 seed with a W yesterday and the Radiers spanked their asses...at home no less.

I think Baltimore takes down KC....hard, and the Colts sqeak past the Jets. After that, I think Pittsburgh has a good shot at beating the Colts (the Titans almost did, and they had nothing but pride on the line). I'm a little leery about going to Foxboro, much more so than last year. No matter how I feel about Marcia, they are a good team from top to bottom.

CPanther95
01-03-2011, 09:12 AM
I think we'll beat any of the 3 teams. I'll decide who to root for when I figure out which of the 3 potential matchups for the Patriots match up best with them.

LLT
01-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I think we'll play the Colts and the Pats will play the Ravens.

I hope this is the scenerio....We can beat the Colts and I want to either play the Ravens in the AFC title game or play a beat up Pats* team after they play the Ravens.

GodfatherofSoul
01-03-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd rather play the Colts. Never been afraid of them, especially if they have to play out in the elements.

venom
01-03-2011, 09:59 AM
What Final Four games you will get on Jan 15 and 16 if all goes well.

Colts vs Steelers
Saints vs Falcons

Eagles vs Bears
Ravens vs Patriots

Hindes204
01-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I didnt read through all 6 pages so Im sure this has been said already......I will be rooting for Indy this weekend, there is no way KC beats the Ravens, and i would much rather see Indy come to a very cold Pittsburgh and play us there. I do not want to see the Ravens unless it is the AFCCG.

To play the Ravens and then the Pats* is the hardest scenario I can think of, I dont want to go that route

polamalubeast
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/16/images/large/C_1_steelers_565789_0116.jpg

http://whowouldjesuspick.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/bears-attacking-peyton-manning.jpg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81419342.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548E3AE032996148E80 AFF6423587473179B665FFF728B6CEF9

http://www.insomniacslounge.com/uploaded_images/vanderjagt-707329.jpg

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/image.php?productid=24046

Crow-Magnon
01-03-2011, 11:51 AM
You know what? No matter what happens, we're in for some ass-kickin' football the next few weeks!

BuddhaBus
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
You know what? No matter what happens, we're in for some ass-kickin' football the next few weeks!

:thumbsup: AGREED!

Psycho Ward 86
01-03-2011, 06:54 PM
My dream scenario is us vs. the Colts, the Patriots vs. the Ravens. Hopefully we win, and even though it's damn near impossible to win at Gillette Stadium, the Ravens beat the F*** out of them in the playoffs last year, and they match up better with the Pats than we do. Then another Steelers/Ravens matchup in the AFC Championship. Superbowl? I dont even give a shit.

That's assuming we win those games anyways. Which is assuming A LOT.

Godfather
01-03-2011, 07:49 PM
The Colts are a MASH unit. They'll have a hard time going anywhere.

Doc
01-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Rex Ryan will run his mouth enough to get the Colts inspired enough to squeak past the Jets...

Psycho Ward 86
01-03-2011, 10:21 PM
The Colts are a MASH unit. They'll have a hard time going anywhere.

The best passing team in the league despite being a MASH Unit. We gotta watch out, even though we lead the league in sacks and turnovers. Peyton knows how to manipulate a defense.

oneforthetoe
01-04-2011, 12:39 AM

And since this could be the last NFL football we see for 2011, I am watching every minute.

JayC
01-04-2011, 12:50 AM
And since this could be the last NFL football we see for 2011, I am watching every minute.

i think i'll be fine missing some of that seahawks game but i am definately hoping for some good close football in the other matchups

Crow-Magnon
01-04-2011, 06:14 AM

Sad to say....good point.