PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Browns Post-Game Discussion

Merchant
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
My random thoughts...

1. Ben hit Wallace in stride (finally!)

2. Troy is godly

3. Those quick slants to our receivers are DEADLY (but for some reason have only been discovered in the last 2 games of the season)

4. Leftwich is brutalll.. IT'S NOT A BASEBALL. SO DON'T THROW IT LIKE ONE. I actually think ARE is a better QB.

5. Dwyer got some carries! I like him better than Moore already.

6. What redzone problems?

7. Run-defense is solidified as one of the best in history.

8. Only negative I saw today.. guy's tackling too high, like they're trying to take the guy down by his helmet. Timmons did it on what should have been a McCoy sack, Ike did it, Madison did it, etc.

9. How was that not defensive holding on the play where Pouncey got a Stinger?

10. No matter what happens from this point.. 12-4 is amazing considering the offseason this team had. Let's bring home #7!! :tt02:

BigNastyDefense
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM
We did something this year that we couldn't do last year, we beat the teams that we are supposed to beat.

AFC North Champions, #2 seed in the playoffs, first round playoff bye. We're going to get the rest that we need.

Honestly, I think we've hit our stride at the right time and that we can beat any of the other five teams in the playoffs for the AFC.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO! LETS BRING HOME LOMBARDI #7!

tube517
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I am really liking the slants and the passes to Mendy. Just a nicely executed game today.

1. Ben hit Wallace in stride (finally!)

3. Those quick slants to our receivers are DEADLY (but for some reason have only been discovered in the last 2 games of the season)

Chidi29
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Can't agree with you about Dwyer. Moore is a superior option. With Dwyer in, teams can assume it's a run. Doesn't matter in a blowout but it would if he were to get meaningful snaps.

Merchant
01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Can't agree with you about Dwyer. Moore is a superior option. With Dwyer in, teams can assume it's a run. Doesn't matter in a blowout but it would if he were to get meaningful snaps.

Moore is on the decline and nothing special to begin with. Dwyer is a rookie with a ton of potential (I've watched my fair share of Georgia Tech games). Only reason I like him better, however, I do agree that there is no way you put Dwyer in during the playoffs - he's not ready for that just yet.

86WARD
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Moore is definitely in the decline and most likely will be out the door after this season since Redman is taking over as the third down guy. Last season, Moore actually hurt the team more than helped when he was on the field. He was straight awful at times. However, Moore has great skills in picking up blocks and this season (recently) has had a knack for making some key plays. Wouldn't switch the two now and most likely would wait until the end of the preseason to make that call...

tube517
01-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Memo is best used as the 3rd and long RB. He's a good pass catching threat.

rookie phenom
01-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Well all in all we now truly know that the Steelers beat up more on the Browns than (now former Pitt coach) Mike Haywood does on his women. Haha too soon to be making Mike Haywood jokes?

Merchant
01-02-2011, 05:04 PM
I forgot to add...

11. Ziggy looked Freeney-like on that spin-move sack. Looking more and more like a solid 1st round pick.

X-Terminator
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Well all in all we now truly know that the Steelers beat up more on the Browns than (now former Pitt coach) Mike Haywood does on his women. Haha too soon to be making Mike Haywood jokes?

That's really nothing to joke about at all.

Chidi29
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I forgot to add...

11. Ziggy looked Freeney-like on that spin-move sack. Looking more and more like a solid 1st round pick.

I thought the same. That was sick.

zulater
01-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Here's some of my thoughts.

Ben is playing as good or better than at anytime in his career. I think he's finally found his rythmm with his young receivers. Playing as he currently is, the Steelers can beat anyone, anywhere in the playoffs.

The Steelers are better off without Mewelde Moore right now. Rashard and Isaac are capable of doing the job just fine without him.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Yes, too Soon.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Defense gave up its "allottment" of 2 drives per game. Got lots of pressure, confused the rookie and took advantage of the lack of any serious playmakers on the Browns Offense.

Our Offense abused their defense all day, converted 3rd downs all day long, and just beat them into submission by mid way through the 3rd.

it was, almost a perfectly played game by our team.

Anytime El throws a TD, you know its a win.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I forgot to add...

A-freakin'-men! Who was blocking him on that play? If it was Mack, I am gonna be one happy camper.

Craic
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
My random thoughts...

1. Ben hit Wallace in stride (finally!) I was quite amazed, so I rewound it and watched the play two or three times. In truth, Wallace had to bend the route quite a bit and then slow down. However, it was STILL a great throw, deep enough to allow Wallace to get behind the defense. Thing is, last week (Or was it the week before?) Ben actually OVERTHREW Wallace! I was shocked. This is the only part of Ben's game right now that he could still improve; but his improvement this year in that year is astounding. I am very ahppy with him.

2. Troy is godly
I just shook my head when he got that INT. If we get Aaron back as well, WOW.

3. Those quick slants to our receivers are DEADLY (but for some reason have only been discovered in the last 2 games of the season) Absolutely agree. I think its about not being so greedy, trying to get the big yards. Funny thing is, it actually does go for quite a few yards at times.

4. Leftwich is brutalll.. IT'S NOT A BASEBALL. SO DON'T THROW IT LIKE ONE. I actually think ARE is a better QB. This was his first game this year. He looked liked a first game QB. yeah, he has a MASSIVE windup. But IMO he is going to be our backup for a few years.

5. Dwyer got some carries! I like him better than Moore already.I was happy with what I saw, but I didn't see much. He and Moore have different roles. I think Redman's game this year must may invalidate Dwyer's position on this team in the next year or two, unless Dwyer drastically improves.

What redzone problems? Didn't we kick a couple fieldgoals in the 4th quarter? We suck! :chuckle:

7. Run-defense is solidified as one of the best in history. It was an impressive feet. However, we were helped by teams abandoning the run against us due to our pass protection.

8. Only negative I saw today.. guy's tackling too high, like they're trying to take the guy down by his helmet. Timmons did it on what should have been a McCoy sack, Ike did it, Madison did it, etc. I think they need some form tackle practice next spring. It'll cut down on fines as well.

9. How was that not defensive holding on the play where Pouncey got a Stinger?

10. No matter what happens from this point.. 12-4 is amazing considering the offseason this team had. Let's bring home #7!! :tt02:

and the O line. In many ways, I hope we go through NE to number 7. Just think we need to that break that final bond from the last decade.

Galax Steeler
01-03-2011, 03:58 AM
I just like the game that was played today it was by far the best executed game of the year on both sides of the ball.

Chidi29
01-03-2011, 12:45 PM
A-freakin'-men! Who was blocking him on that play? If it was Mack, I am gonna be one happy camper.

Close.

It was Womack.

:chuckle: