PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Browns - January 2, 2011 - Who Gets YOUR Game Ball?

HometownGal
01-02-2011, 03:01 PM
My game ball goes to the entire team and the coaching staff. Every single player out there today and every coach deserves one! :applaudit: :tt02:

Troy's pick set the tone for the game early on and the Steelers O immediately capitalized on that gift.

Ben was as spot on today as it gets and tremendous contributions by the OL in protecting him.

Our receiving corps were simply outstanding.

I loved the pressure the D was bringing all game and made Opie want his Aunt Bea! :heh:

ST's were ferocious in their coverages and contained the Browns return men.

BA called a fucking GREAT game with a very nice rush/pass combo and great execution by the players especially in the RZ. :applaudit:

And last but not least - Coach T had these guys ready to kick some Brownie ass and they didn't disappoint!

Our guys earned this AFCN crown and I'm so happy they will have some rest before their first playoff game.

I'M DAMNED PROUD OF OUR STEELERS!!!!! DAMNED FREAKIN' PROUD! :rockon: :applaudit: :tt03:

fansince'76
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Ben, Wallace, Troy, Ziggy and Timmons.

Wallace108
01-02-2011, 03:16 PM
A lot of players deserve a game ball today. But I've said all season that coaches need to put players in a position to succeed. We saw that today on both sides of the ball.

Game ball: LeBeau and Arians :tt03:

Devilsdancefloor
01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Game ball: coaches escpecially BA

goat: the stains fans for being sore losers and leaving at the half

X-Terminator
01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Gotta give it to BA, for calling the kill shot to Wallace after the Troy INT. That completely took the crowd out of the game, set the tone for the rest of the game, and the Steelers just took the Browns apart.

polamalubeast
01-02-2011, 03:23 PM
AFC NORTH CHAMPION AND THE BYE!!!!

BuddhaBus
01-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Game balls to, first off, Arians and LeBeau. Outstanding coaching on both sides of the ball. Let's continue this into the postseason. :applaudit:

Players: Ben, Wallace, O-line (could they finally be solidifying at the right time?), Timmons and Ziggy.

Chidi29
01-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Ben continued to look great. That TD to Wallace may have been the best deep ball I've ever seen him throw. Ben was money and couldn't be stopped. He gets my gameball.

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2011, 03:40 PM
It was a complete team effort today so I can't possibly give a game ball to any one person. Game ball goes to the entire team, the AFCN champions!!! Gee, and I thought that we were supposed to finish 3rd in our division this year? :lol:

steelpride12
01-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Coaching staff on offense, defense and ST's for keeping it short and away from Cribbs early.

Merchant
01-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Game Balls: Ben and Troy

Goat: Leftwich (makes you appreciate Ben even more)

memphissteelergirl
01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Game ball goes to....

The entire team and coaching staff. Have not seen this complete a game on both sides of the ball since the Atlanta win at the beginning of the season!!

A week to rest up and get ready for our journey to SB XLV!! :tt03::rockon::tt02:

Polamalu Princess
01-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I have too many players that have earned the game ball, so I will just say the entire team.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Ben Roethlisberger.

Kudos to him for torching the Browns like nobody's business while the crowd chanted "No means no" :rofl2:

Chidi29
01-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Game Balls: Ben and Troy

Goat: Leftwich (makes you appreciate Ben even more)

I forgot how long of a delivery Leftwich had. That's brutal. Him trying to throw a quick screen to a WR made me laugh.

HollywoodSteel
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Chuck Norris award goes to Heath. If for nothing else, that one play where he carried that defender for an extra 10 yards. That's Steelers football!

st33lersguy
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Big Ben!

stillers4me
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow. I wouldn't even know where to start. Ben was nearly flawless. I wouldn't trade him for ANY QB in the league today. Mike Wallace....welcome to the Steelers, son. You got da golden hands....and legs. The coaches and play calling were supurb.....I hope this is a preview of January football!! The defense.......nice. Real nice......they kept the Brownies completely out of the game and made Colt McCoy look like a preschooler crying for his mama.

I like it. :thumbsup:

tube517
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Game ball to Ben and Arians

Goat to Ben (for not knowing how to Dougie)

Count Steeler
01-02-2011, 04:14 PM
It was really nice to see Ben and Troy sitting and talking during the fourth quarter. The 2 leaders of their respective units.

Game ball to Ben.

BigNastyDefense
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Everyone.

The offense came out and just beat the Browns up.

The defense came out and wreaked havoc.

The special teams made sure not to let the return guys get much of anything.

The coaching staff called a great game, and Coach Tomlin had this team prepared to not just win, but to dominate.

The standard is the standard. AFC North Champs and the first round bye.

Texasteel
01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm going to say Ben. He showed what he can do when he doesn't have a couple of players chasing him all over the feild. I'm also going to give an honorable mention to Redman. It looked to me he was picking up the blitz all day. Good job OL.

ALLD
01-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Big Ben was on fire today and he had plenty of time to throw. He was not running for his life at all and had time to make good decisions. Special thanks to Polamalu for putting the game out of reach in the first quarter and for ARE's wideout option TD pass to Ward ala Super Bowl XL. I have been waiting for that play all season.

VTsteel
01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Gameball: O-Line

Great job today men. While the Brownies are not a dominant defense (by even the longest stretch of the imagination) - This effort was real good to see and gives the o-line some success to build upon.

Keep it up!

BuddhaBus
01-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Great job today men. While the Brownies are not a dominant defense (by even the longest stretch of the imagination) - This effort was real good to see and gives the o-line some success to build upon.

Keep it up!

They've been playing pretty well the last 3 games except for the safety in the Jets game.

steelerdude15
01-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Big Ben get's my game ball for playing extremely well today. CBS get's my game goat. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 05:58 PM

Not to be a negative nancy, but 2 words:

Run. Blocking.

That was lacking today

venom
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Big Ben , the O - Line and Wallace . All together a perfect game plan

zulater
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Ben gets my game ball. He's really in the zone right now, you can see he's starting to mesh with all of his receivers now. Ben is capable of giving the Patriots fits if we both arrive at that point.

kmsteelerwr15
01-02-2011, 07:30 PM
I seriously can't pick anyone so I'm also going with the entire team!

Galax Steeler
01-03-2011, 03:23 AM
I am going to say the entire Steeler team.