PDA

View Full Version : Keisel pays homage to Smith for Pro Bowl honor

stillers4me
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Defensive end Brett Keisel is hoping he doesn't play in his first Pro Bowl on Jan. 30, because that means the Steelers will be preparing for Super Bowl XLV back in Pittsburgh.

But if Keisel does play in the annual all-star game — he is the first alternate at defensive end — it wouldn't just validate his importance to the Steelers' defense.

It also would be a tribute to Aaron Smith, who has long been a mentor to Keisel.

"I've got to give him a lot of credit," Keisel said. "From the time I've got here I've tried to be like Aaron Smith. I've tried to work like him — I've tried to approach the game like him — so he gets a lot of credit for my success."................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_716306.html

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Who else is a probowl alternate?

Count Steeler
01-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I hope Hillis gets lost in Keisel's beard and they can't find him until the game is over.

Merchant
01-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Didn't even know he was an alternate.. great job Keisel.

stillers4me
01-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I hope Hillis gets lost in Keisel's beard and they can't find him until the game is over.

That's quite likely.

43Hitman
01-02-2011, 11:59 AM

That's quite likely.

I love that beard. FEAR THE BEARD! lol

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I love that beard. FEAR THE BEARD! lol

You know how there's always a banner in the front row at home games that says "Psycho Ward 86" for in homage of Hines Ward? "Fear the Beard" sounds promising as well :chuckle: