PDA

View Full Version : Browns' Hillis key for McCoy

stillers4me
01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Whatever happened to Colt McCoy and the Cleveland Browns during their Oct. 17 game against the Steelers at Heinz Field, it helped their cause.

The 1-4 Browns lost, 28-10, to the Steelers in McCoy's first start, then went 4-2 in their next six games, including victories against the New England Patriots and the New Orleans Saints.

They have lost three in a row since but still present a challenge to the Steelers, who need to beat Cleveland in the final regular-season game Sunday to guarantee the AFC North title and a first-round bye in the playoffs.

"It's always a tough game for us, playing Cleveland," safety Troy Polamalu said............

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11001/1114828-66.stm

ALLD
01-01-2011, 11:37 AM
The Browns' best strategy to win this game is to move the team to another city in the middle of the night.

stillers4me
01-01-2011, 11:42 AM
The Browns' best strategy to win this game is to move the team to another city in the middle of the night.

I think they already tried that one.

:lol:

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2011, 11:59 AM
X out Hillis and Watson, and the Browns are finished.

HometownGal
01-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Tomorrow's game plan should be very simple. Get a nice lead and take the Browns fans out of the game, don't turn the ball over, pressure the living shit out of McCoy and stop/limit Hillis and Cribbs on returns (if he plays). Very elementary actually.

ALLD
01-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Tomorrow's game plan should be very simple. Get a nice lead and take the Browns fans out of the game, don't turn the ball over, pressure the living shit out of McCoy and stop/limit Hillis and Cribbs on returns (if he plays). Very elementary actually.

The quickest way to take the Browns fans out of the game early is to throw cans of deodorant and bars of soap into the stands.

Count Steeler
01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I believe our guys understand how important another week's rest would be to the team. I am looking for a strong effort on all sides of the ball. Get us to the finish line with no more injuries and then we will be able to gear up for the "real" season. Let's go Steelers.

BigNastyDefense
01-01-2011, 02:07 PM
1. STOP HILLIS. McCoy has been best when Hillis has been a threat, forcing the defense to respect the run. If (and by if, I mean when) we shut Hillis down, it will take away the play action pass. While I think McCoy has a bright future, he cannot win games basically on his own because the talent isn't there around him.

2. Get a lead. If we can get ourselves a good lead, we can sit some of our injured starters and rest them up even more. Not to mention it would force the Browns to pass. Plus I love blowing the Browns out.

3. I don't think we have to worry about Cribbs, he hasn't broken one all year. Some people say he's sandbagging it because he got paid, other blame it on the toe injury. I say it might be a little bit of both. But whatever it is, he isn't the same this year.

HometownGal
01-01-2011, 02:29 PM
3. I don't think we have to worry about Cribbs, he hasn't broken one all year. Some people say he's sandbagging it because he got paid, other blame it on the toe injury. I say it might be a little bit of both. But whatever it is, he isn't the same this year.

When an animal lets its guard down is when the snake bites 'em. I'm not taking Cribbs lightly - he's too explosive of a player - and I hope the Steelers watch him like a hawk tomorrow.

BigNastyDefense
01-01-2011, 02:39 PM
When an animal lets its guard down is when the snake bites 'em. I'm not taking Cribbs lightly - he's too explosive of a player - and I hope the Steelers watch him like a hawk tomorrow.

I am not saying that Cribbs can't run one back on us. I am just saying that he can't do it on his own like he has before. He's not breaking arm tackles this year, he doesn't have the burst he has in years past (I put that on his toe injury).

HometownGal
01-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I am not saying that Cribbs can't run one back on us. I am just saying that he can't do it on his own like he has before. He's not breaking arm tackles this year, he doesn't have the burst he has in years past (I put that on his toe injury).

While our ST's have improved this season, they still have brain farts here and there and miss tackles. I'm :pray:ing they bring their A++ game tomorrow.