PDA

View Full Version : Team-first Miller doesn't sweat personal statistics

stillers4me
01-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Ben Roethlisberger shared an anecdote this week to illustrate tight end Heath Miller's team-first mentality.

"I'll come off to the sideline and ask him if he was open on a play, and he will tell me 'No,' Roethlisberger said. "I'll go look at it on film, and he was wide open."
Miller is concerned with individual accolades as much as he worries what is served at the Steelers' South Side cafeteria (Thursday lunch was steak salad, sauteed mushrooms and onion rings).

One year after a Pro Bowl season, he is lumbering near career-low totals in every receiving category.

And he couldn't care less.

"The bottom line is winning," Miller said. "It's no fun catching a lot of passes when you are losing a lot of games.".....................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_716214.html

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Dat a boy Heath

zulater
01-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Losing Willie Colon had a huge impact on Heath's production as a receiver imo. Heath is required to stay in and block on many obvious passing downs rather than be involved in the pattern. Look for Heath's numbers to rebound next year if and when the offensive line situation is stabilized.

Count Steeler
01-01-2011, 01:28 PM
It is one thing to be humble, Heath, but you got help out Ben if and when he misses you when you are wide open. Heath, I love your game and you are a big part of the offense, but being silent does not help out the team.

BTW, I hope you rock the Dog Pound on Sunday.