PDA

View Full Version : Ed Bouchette on the Steelers: Polamalu reluctant MVP winner

stillers4me
12-31-2010, 07:48 AM
With all due respect to his fellow voters, Troy Polamalu wants nothing to do with the most valuable player award of the Steelers.

It's not that he does not appreciate the honor, bestowed by a vote of his teammates; he prefers there be no such thing as team MVP nor even the Steelers' Walter Payton Man of the Year award he also picked up Thursday.

"I would have to say that football is such a perfect team sport, and it's hard to make anybody -- especially our team and the way we play on defense -- a most valuable player," Polamalu said. "I've never been a fan of either award."

Polamalu, who was chosen for his sixth Pro Bowl in his eight seasons with the Steelers, became only the second safety chosen as Steelers MVP since the award began in 1969. The other safety to win it was Glen Edwards in '74.......................

................."There are so many different parts that go into making plays. The Buffalo play was actually made by Willie Gay. He actually broke up the pass. The Baltimore play was a good call. Anybody could have made that play. Nobody tried to block me or anything like that. I am honestly not trying to be humble. This is just the truth. The Cincinnati play was made by [Bryant McFadden]."

His teammates and defensive coach weren't buying it...........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10365/1114522-66.stm