PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace aims to make Browns pay

stillers4me
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Here is a draft thought to consider: In 2009, the Cleveland Browns (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns) selected inconsistent receivers Brian Robiskie (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12592) and Mohamed Massaquoi (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12581) in the second round over Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers) big-play receiver Mike Wallace (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12601).

Oops.

All three receivers will share the same field Sunday when the Browns (5-10) host the playoff-bound Steelers (11-4). Pittsburgh can clinch the AFC North and a first-round bye with the victory.

For Wallace, a former third-round pick, he carries a little extra chip when he plays teams like Cleveland. The Browns were one of many teams which continued to pass him over for other wide receivers. Two seasons later, while Robiskie and Massaquoi continue their struggles, Wallace has developed into one of the NFL's top deep threats with 57 receptions for 1,152 yards and nine touchdowns.

This year Wallace has 444 yards and five more touchdowns than Robiskie and Massaquoi combined.........................

Read more @ http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/22450/mike-wallace-aims-to-make-browns-pay

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Walk the walk, if you are going to talk.

stillers4me
12-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Walk the walk, if you are going to talk.

I have no doubt he will.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Eric Wright and Scott Fujita are on IR. That sure won't help the Browns nickel and dime packages lol

BigNastyDefense
12-30-2010, 11:09 AM
The Browns are going to have Joe Haden covering Wallace. Haden has speed and ball skills, so anything Ben throws to Wallace needs to be on point, not underthrown.

SteelerEmpire
12-30-2010, 12:24 PM
The Browns are going to have Joe Haden covering Wallace. Haden has speed and ball skills, so anything Ben throws to Wallace needs to be on point, not underthrown.

Yep. Teams are gonna start noticing the tapes of so many under thrown balls to Wallace and see that they can simply turn around and catch an easy interception...

HollywoodSteel
12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
He should be thrilled he got passed over by the Browns. I don't think he would have fared nearly as well over there with the guys who would have been throwing him the ball.

Doc
12-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree, how do you be mad that the Browns passed ya by?

LLT
12-30-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree, how do you be mad that the Browns passed ya by?

LOL!!!

Because if you are the best player in gym class and the nerds dont acknowledge it........You HAVE to de-pants them on the court!!!

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
With all due respect to Wallace who I believe is a tremedous athelete and is very blessed to be put in the Steelers offense which is amongst the best, I don't really regret drafting him, because I'm convinced he would have had little impact in the black hole of suck that is the Cleveland Browns passing game.

I am not so much pissed that we passed on him, moreso pissed that the Browns couldn't have used those two picks to trade back into the first and draft Clay Matthews Jr.

Would have been awesome to see him play for the orange and brown again, just like his old man.

...Nope, we got stuck with a couple of recievers who are Number 2 or 3's on their best days.

HollywoodSteel
12-31-2010, 05:15 PM
With all due respect to Wallace who I believe is a tremedous athelete and is very blessed to be put in the Steelers offense which is amongst the best, I don't really regret drafting him, because I'm convinced he would have had little impact in the black hole of suck that is the Cleveland Browns passing game.

I am not so much pissed that we passed on him, moreso pissed that the Browns couldn't have used those two picks to trade back into the first and draft Clay Matthews Jr.

Would have been awesome to see him play for the orange and brown again, just like his old man.

...Nope, we got stuck with a couple of recievers who are Number 2 or 3's on their best days.

Not necessarily. By your own logic (and mine too) we'll never know if those receivers wouldn't be #1s if not for the black hole of suck that is the Cleveland Browns passing game.:wink02:

Galax Steeler
01-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I hope Wallace has a good game Sunday. I would love to scorch the Stains by about 35 points.

HometownGal
01-01-2011, 09:26 AM
I hope Wallace has a good game Sunday. I would love to scorch the Stains by about 35 points.

I'd love a blowout, too, but I'll just be damned happy with a W, the #2 seed and a 1st round bye. :pray:

salamander
01-01-2011, 09:38 AM
I'd love a blowout, too, but I'll just be damned happy with a W, the #2 seed and a 1st round bye. :pray:

My thoughts exactly. I'm expecting a tough fight from the Brownies. Just get the W and we're golden.

Godfather
01-01-2011, 10:35 AM

Yep. You'd think Wallace would know better, considering he wasted his college career at Ole Priss. If he had a real college coach he wouldn't have flown under the radar on draft day.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Yep. You'd think Wallace would know better, considering he wasted his college career at Ole Priss. If he had a real college coach he wouldn't have flown under the radar on draft day.

And we never would have gotten him! Thank god :)

Iron Steeler
01-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I got Wallace in my fantasy championship game . Need big game Mikey!

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I got Wallace in my fantasy championship game . Need big game Mikey!

Having the championship game during week 17 is the absolute worst! I hate leagues that do that. Championship games should always be week 16 because of all of the meaningless games week 17.

Good luck to you! I only played in one league this year and won it last week, for the third year in a row.

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I just want a win and no injuries.

zulater
01-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Mike Wallace is already a better player than Santonio Holmes, and he'll only get better. It was a stroke of luck that Santonio found the need to "wake and bake" because it was his only by his departure that Wallace was able to start to realize his potential this season.

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, he walked the walk!

zulater
01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Well, he walked the walk!

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/01/pittsburgh_steelers_pleased_by.html

In a meeting with reporters Friday, Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan assured his unit would be ready for the Pittsburgh Steelers two days later.

"We're the Cleveland Browns and we're going to go in here and beat the [heck] out of these guys," Ryan said. "We know we're from Cleveland, we know how big of a game it is, and we're going to get in there and get after their [behinds]."

What sounded good in the press room did not quite translate on the field. The Steelers scored touchdowns on their first four possessions and rolled to a 41-9 victory Sunday afternoon at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

"What he said doesn't even matter, really," Pittsburgh receiver Mike Wallace said. "I guess that noise wasn't too loud. You saw what happened."

Two Browns got after Wallace's rear end on Pittsburgh's first play from scrimmage, cornerback Joe Haden and safety T.J. Ward chasing it into the end zone. Wallace caught a 56-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger with 14:17 left in the first quarter.

Wallace, who lined up on the right, ran a post pattern to daylight after Roethlisberger faked a handoff.

"With any type of field, that was going to be our first play of the game," Wallace said. "It was scripted. We know their guys are really frisky on the play action and like to bite down, and we got them."

The Browns' coverage was loose enough that it had Wallace scratching his helmet. "I couldn't tell you what they were in, to be honest," he said. "All I know is, I had room and I went and got it."

Roethlisberger said Wallace's skill set made the play possible.

"You see the single half safety, and he is back in perfect position," Roethlisberger said. "Mike is so fast that I can just throw it out there and he can do the rest for me."

He most certainly did.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
once again...as I've said since the pre-season

Throw it Really Really Really Really Really Really Really DEEP To Wallace!!!!!!!

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Who would've thought he'd do it on the 1st play from scrimmage?

Galax Steeler
01-03-2011, 03:44 AM
In my post from earlier I said I wanted to see Wallace have a good game and beat the stains by about 35 points I wasn't far off. LOL