PDA

View Full Version : Other Steelers also deserving of the Pro Bowl

stillers4me
12-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Strong safety Troy Polamalu, outside linebacker James Harrison and rookie center Maurkice Pouncey have been voted to the AFC Pro Bowl squad.

All were deserving selections, and Pouncey’s inclusion on the team is further affirmation that the Steelers landed a special player when they took the 6-4, 304-pounder with the 18th overall pick of the 2010 NFL draft.

More Steelers will be added to the team as various players opt out of the games because of injuries or the best reason of all: they can’t play in the Pro Bowl on Jan. 30 because they will be getting ready for Super Bowl XLV, which will be staged the following week...................

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/12/28/other-steelers-also-deserving-of-the-pro-bowl/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

If the Steelers don’t make the Super Bowl here are some other players who could later be added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster:

HometownGal
12-29-2010, 06:05 AM
While I'd rather see these players in the Super Bowl rather than the NFL Popularity Contest, I think we'll see at least a couple of them selected if the Steelers don't get to the big game this year, i.e. Timmons, Wallace and hopefully Ike - who imho - is most deserving.