PDA

View Full Version : Status for Polamalu to be decided on Friday

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d455e1/article/status-for-steelers-s-polamalu-likely-to-be-decided-friday?module=HP_headlines

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers probably won't know until Friday whether safety Troy Polamalu can play in the final regular-season game at Cleveland on Sunday.

Polamalu has an injured right Achilles' tendon and hasn't played or practiced for two weeks. Coach Mike Tomlin said Polamalu won't practice Wednesday or Thursday.

If Polamalu can't go on Friday, he won't play against the Browns.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's broken nose isn't considered to be a problem, even though it was bloodied by a hit during Pittsburgh's 27-3 win against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday.

Tomlin also said Tuesday that running back Mewelde Moore is questionable because of a sprained right knee. Linebackers LaMarr Woodley and Jason Worilds also have knee swelling, and cornerback Bryant McFadden has a hip injury.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2010, 01:19 PM
You know what...if you can play and help the team win, get your fcking arses out there and secure the 2nd seed and the bye week. You'll get 2 weeks off if you go out and give it all now, this week, otherwise, you take off this week, to have to go win 3 road games...which would you rather!

Get out there Bittches and Play Football!!!

Sorry guys...sometimes I like to just yell at our guys to toughen up cause sometimes, they need it.

zulater
12-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I got this bad feeling that Troy wont play again this year no matter how far the Steelers advance. Last year's injury was week to week too.

Devilsdancefloor
12-28-2010, 01:55 PM
troy can sit the game out, but you other bums get out there! :)

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I got this bad feeling that Troy wont play again this year no matter how far the Steelers advance. Last year's injury was week to week too.

They've been indicating that he'll be more than fine for the playoffs from the beginning...

tube517
12-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I like Wolf's take on this.....

http://burgh.us/h1

Merchant
12-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Why even risk it? Sit boy, sit.

steelerdude15
12-29-2010, 01:09 AM
I say let Troy sit out this one. Even if we lose, we're still in the playoffs. Losing McFadden would hurt us (of course losing Troy hurts us even more), but Mundy has been playing well in Troy's absence and I'm not sure if I could trust Willie with starting all game again. He was improved compared to last year, but I would feel a little insecure with him starting. Ben I'm not worried about because he's doing his thing. I hope that LaMarr can play and if not, let's see what Worilds can bring if he can play himself.

steelreserve
12-29-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, we should be able to beat a banged-up Browns team with Cribbs at 20% (if he plays at all) even if we rest our own banged-up players. On the other hand, playing the starters and getting a win gives us just as much extra time to recover as if we rested them and ended up as the wild card. Plus, we'd get at least one more home game that way. I say if Troy or anyone else is capable of playing, have them play until the outcome is decided.

Also, much as resting Troy for five weeks would help him recover ... that also means he's not played any football for over a month. Much as the injury worries me, I also don't want to see him come in rusty or tentative. Much better if he can at least take the field this week.

Galax Steeler
12-29-2010, 03:52 AM
I say if there is any question at all let Troy sit and get better for the playoffs.

HometownGal
12-29-2010, 07:57 AM
SIT TROY THIS WEEKEND.

That is all.

tube517
12-29-2010, 08:53 AM
SIT TROY THIS WEEKEND.

That is all.

This.

GoSlash27
12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Sit Troy, even if he's 100%. This game is 1) Not a must-win and 2) not against a playoff caliber team. It's foolish to risk aggravating his knee over this game and losing him for the playoffs.

BigPoppaG
12-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Keep Troy out. Win or lose we are still in the playoffs.
Granted with a loss we don't have the number 2 seed and a bye but...thats why we have all these other guys on the team. We should be able to do it with out him.

I also think that what ever game Troy plays in....he isn't going to finish.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2010, 11:17 AM
I've been intrigued with the way Mundy has been playing. I actually want Troy to sit moreso because I want Mundy to get more playing time, rather than to just keep Troy healthy. So far, it looks like we have SOME level of depth at the safety position, something I didnt think we had.