PDA

View Full Version : BROWNS WEEK!

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Here it is, our "rival" between us and a 2nd seed and bye week in the playoffs. Great job by the NFL creating the schedule for as many meaningful games as possible late in the season.

Lets Break it down...by the numbers:

Browns Offense vs Steelers Defense
Browns ranked #29 in total Offense
Steelers ranked #2 in total Defense

Browns ranked #30 in Scoring Offense
Steelers ranked #1 in Scoring Defense

Browns ranked #30 in Passing
Steelers ranked #14 against the Pass

Browns ranked #19 in Rushing
Steelers ranked #1 against the Rush

Steelers Offense vs Cleveland Defense
Steelers ranked #15 in total Offense
Browns ranked #21 in total Defense

Steelers ranked #17 in Scoring Offense
Browns ranked #7 in Scoring Defense

Steelers ranked #16 in Passing Offense
Browns ranked #13 against the Pass

Steelers ranked #9 in Rushing Offense
Browns ranked #26 against the Rush

Steelers Special Teams vs Browns Special Teams
Cleveland is #32 in Kick Returns and #9 in Punt Returns
Pittsburgh #9 Covering Kicks #16 against Punts

Pittsburgh is #9 in Kick Returns and #28 in Punt Returns
Cleveland is #1 Covering Kicks and # #10 against Punts

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
So looking at the "stats" we can go with the following. First, special teams, I don't expect too much excitement from our Kick and Punt Return Teams against the Browns. So just don't muff it and let the Offense take the field. We should be able to Run the ball on the Browns, they are not very good in that department, but also, we should be able to pass against them. Their Strength on Defense is their Pass Defense, however, they don't have the type of play makers that can "change" a game back there as long as we run our good short routes, keep the safeties honest off play action and keep running the ball at them.

Our defense should dominate this game. Their offense is horrible. McCoy is a very good QB and we'll be facing him for years to come, but as a rookie, last game of the season, against the NFLs BEST Defense, he should be toast. I figure we'll give up our typical drive, where they get 7, then we'll clamp them down and let up only FGs after that. As long as our Offense can get to 17 points, I have a feeling this game won't be in doubt very long. Hillis had a very hard time running last week against the Ravens, and I see our Defense being even tougher on him. McCoy doesn't have too many playmakers out there to get the ball to, sure Cribbs and the Dude Harrison knocked the fck out, but really, those guys are not good enough to beat our defense. So go out there, get the jump on them early, sack McCoy early, watch him, he likes to scramble out of the pocket, hit them hard with the run, wear them out, and by the 3rd we should be looking at a 24 - 7 score with complete control of the game.

That's about it. Anything else is unacceptable. completely Unacceptable.

BuddhaBus
12-28-2010, 12:17 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0809/cleveland-browns-cleveland-browns-superbowl-playoffs-footbal-demotivational-poster-1221541738.jpg

polamalubeast
12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/07/09/alg_james_heat.jpg

Randy06
12-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Not worried at all and I shouldnt need to be this is a game a championship team wins.

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Not worried at all and I shouldnt need to be this is a game a championship team wins.

The Steelers never make it easy on themselves, but you are correct, it's a game they should win.

memphissteelergirl
12-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Hopefully the bad taste of the embarrasment they suffered in Cleveland last year will still be in their mouths. It should motivate them not to repeat the same mistakes.

ALLD
12-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, if they do not win then they do not deserve to win the division. In any case I am loading up on beans and peppers to simulate a Rorschach play-by-play Cleveland style.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
As everyone says, we should win this, but it's not a slam dunk. Stats on paper didn't help the Saints or the Pats against them, and those weren't even division games. This game is their Super Bowl so count on the Browns leaving everything on the field.

They actually got more total offensive yards than the Ravens last weekend. What killed them were the turnovers -- 2 by the Ravens biggest splash playmaker, Ed Reed. If we have our top defensive playmaker healthy and ready to go then I won't worry too much, but if not, I think it could be an interesting game.

What really worries me is special teams. Suisham can't kick off deeper than the six yard line and our coverage team has been less than stellar recently. I hope I'm wrong, and this won't be a heart attack inducer, but I'm keeping the defibrillator close by just in case.

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
12-28-2010, 09:20 PM
You guys really have nothing to worry about, per the norm.

Can't wait to make this THE rivalry in the AFC North again..maybe someday soon. Sick of hearing people hyping up the Rats-Steelers as some big historic rivalry. My ASS.

F-Art Modell may he rot in hell.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM

Can't wait to make this THE rivalry in the AFC North again..maybe someday soon. Sick of hearing people hyping up the Rats-Steelers as some big historic rivalry. My ASS.

What's the mood like on the Browns' boards?

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
12-28-2010, 09:49 PM
What's the mood like on the Browns' boards?

Overall, very little discussion on the Steelers and moreso about whether or not Mangini will keep his job, and what Holmgren is going to do. If you want a feel on what Browns Backers are feeling, I recommend hitting up on "Orange and Brown Report" btw.

People were sort of overreacting to McCoy having a bad game, forgetting that he has no one to throw to.

All you guys really have to do is shut down the running game, and you pretty much knock the Browns out, as they have no answer in the passing game. Not that McCoy is bad per-say, quite the opposite, he's been hitting WR's on the numbers. They just are..well..terrible. Cribbs is also hurt, so nothing to worry about in that department there.

On defense, Sheldon Brown is dinged up, meaning he's clean pickens for QB's, though Haden has looked awfully good, just got named as an alternate to the Pro Bowl. They've looked lost since Scott Fujita has been out, so again, no real major challenge for the Steelers.

Browns have really struggled as of late, got beat by the bengals and bills in back to back weeks and almost got beat by the panthers. They've shown at times they can be really good, such as just knocking the hell out of the Patriots and Saints, but they havn't been that same team since they lost to the Jets in OT.

The Duke
12-29-2010, 12:50 AM
whether or not Mangini will keep his job, and what Holmgren is going to do.

If they are smart they will keep mangini. Consistency is what they need, and mangini has been giving them the best of that for the past twp years. It will be practically to start over if they do can him

that said- kill the brownies!

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2010, 01:09 AM
If they are smart they will keep mangini. Consistency is what they need, and mangini has been giving them the best of that for the past twp years. It will be practically to start over if they do can him

that said- kill the brownies!

I think if they do get rid of Mangini, at the very least keep Rob Ryan around as DC, and allow the defense to continue on as it has been doing, and then have Gruden/Holmgren work on the offense, which is a.) already somewhat of a West Coast Oriented Offense b.) Is still a work in progress

I could also see a scenario playing out where, Mangini keeps his job, Daboll the offensive coordinator is canned, and Josh McDaniel gets installed as OC.

Really, I'm thinking it depends on what Holmgren is feeling at this moment, does he want to jump back in and coach for one last hurrah? can he get Jon Gruden to come to Cleveland and have a Green Bay Packers circa 1995 reunion on the north shore? Or does he continue to give Mangini a shot at trying improve this team, partially because they are really close to being contenders for a playoff spot, and partially because of the possible impending lockout?

Either way I wouldn't be disappointed, but I'd prefer it be one of those two options, rather than a full re-build. Lord knows how much you guys will be laughing your asses off if Marty Morniweg is coaching the Brownies next season.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2010, 08:56 PM
I just hope the Browns pull a bonehead move and trade away McCoy, the kid has game and I'd like to see him far away from the afc north as soon as possibly.

Crow-Magnon
12-30-2010, 09:20 PM

They hype it up with good reason. Both teams play hard defense and kick the shit out of each other every time they play. And for the most part, it's for a trip to the postseason. The Browns days have come and gone. Sad...but true. The Steelers may hate the Ravens and vice-versa, but neither of them look at a game against the other as an almost-definite W. Unlike a game against Cleveland.

Hey, maybe Art will rot in hell with that drunk Irsay. Just remember, you kept the name and unis. And every swingin' dick on Earth cried tears over the Browns leaving Cleveland, a team that was replaced after what, three years? I didn't hear squat when my team left and asn't replaced for 13 years, and NEVER would have been replaced via expansion. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Cleveland learned nothing from Baltimore's or St. Louis' travesties. So bitch at Art....but blame yourselves.

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
12-31-2010, 12:33 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say is that Cleveland learned nothing from Baltimore's or St. Louis' travesties. So bitch at Art....but blame yourselves.

how? unlike Baltimore, Browns fans had supported the franchise through thick and thin and had consistently sold out the stadium year and year out. They have constantly been ranked at or near the top in terms of fan loyalty. Compare that to how bad the fan support of the Colts were in Baltimore during the lean years, where you guys couldn't sell out the stadium for a team that won the division, three years in a row. We held our end of the bargain up, Art on the other hand, was a crap businessmen and made some stupid and bad deals.

He saw the stadium deal Baltimore was offering and jumped on it, this is despite the fact that in the past, Cleveland had proposed him a joint Domed Stadium with the Tribe (where Progressive field now is) in the 1980's and he declined, insisting that he'd rather renovate the old stadium.

And for all the talk of us keeping the colors? Art almost took them with him, it literally had to be forced upon him to keep them in Cleveland due to the fans crying fowl, and the NFL telling him to stop it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-31-2010, 12:38 AM
I find it rather interesting watching a Browns and Ravens fan discuss their teams on a Steelers message board.

You guys made my night... HA HA HA HA!

Crow-Magnon
12-31-2010, 06:54 PM
I find it rather interesting watching a Browns and Ravens fan discuss their teams on a Steelers message board.

You guys made my night... HA HA HA HA!

Trust me, I did it just for you! lol

Crow-Magnon
12-31-2010, 07:00 PM
how? unlike Baltimore, Browns fans had supported the franchise through thick and thin and had consistently sold out the stadium year and year out. They have constantly been ranked at or near the top in terms of fan loyalty. Compare that to how bad the fan support of the Colts were in Baltimore during the lean years, where you guys couldn't sell out the stadium for a team that won the division, three years in a row. We held our end of the bargain up, Art on the other hand, was a crap businessmen and made some stupid and bad deals.

He saw the stadium deal Baltimore was offering and jumped on it, this is despite the fact that in the past, Cleveland had proposed him a joint Domed Stadium with the Tribe (where Progressive field now is) in the 1980's and he declined, insisting that he'd rather renovate the old stadium.

And for all the talk of us keeping the colors? Art almost took them with him, it literally had to be forced upon him to keep them in Cleveland due to the fans crying fowl, and the NFL telling him to stop it.

Yeah, the NFL told Art to leave the colors and unis. Did the NFL tell Irsay that?

You supported the team. Did you support building a new football-only stadium? You built the Jake, a new arena for the Cavs, you even built the Rock and Roll HoF. A dual-use stadium is crap.

We supported the Colts, too. Until the NFL allowed Rosenbloom to trade franchises with that drunk Irsay, who proceeded to trade away great players and call in plays from the owner's booth while roaring drunk. The fact is that when the Colts left, not only did no one outside or Maryland bitch about it, the NFL turned a blind eye then and continued to screw us out of an expansion team. Had we been awarded the franchise awarded to Jacksonville, this point would be moot. Blame Tagliabue for your loss. He told us to take our stadium money and "build a museum.' We did something better instead.

stlrtruck
12-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah, the NFL told Art to leave the colors and unis. Did the NFL tell Irsay that?

You supported the team. Did you support building a new football-only stadium? You built the Jake, a new arena for the Cavs, you even built the Rock and Roll HoF. A dual-use stadium is crap.

We supported the Colts, too. Until the NFL allowed Rosenbloom to trade franchises with that drunk Irsay, who proceeded to trade away great players and call in plays from the owner's booth while roaring drunk. The fact is that when the Colts left, not only did no one outside or Maryland bitch about it, the NFL turned a blind eye then and continued to screw us out of an expansion team. Had we been awarded the franchise awarded to Jacksonville, this point would be moot. Blame Tagliabue for your loss. He told us to take our stadium money and "build a museum.' We did something better instead.

I'm sorry dude but well before Irsay moved the Colts to Indy, that stadium was lucky to be half-filled and the other half of Memorial was guarenteed to be fans of the visiting team. In Cleveland they represented every game day. Modell had no business moving the browns for any reason, his stupidity was in running the franchise in to the ground bad enough to have the NFL help is cause in relocating.

However, I will agree that Tagliabue and the NFl screwed Baltimore when the expansion teams went to Carolina and Jacksonville. At that time Baltimore had they best package on the table but there was a history of conspiracy that Tagliabue didn't like the idea of a new franchsie Baltimore team via expansion. Some would believe that Tagliabue didn't want Baltimore to have a team to begin with, that includes the colts.

Dino 6 Rings
01-01-2011, 12:02 AM
And yet...we still have to beat the Freaking Browns this weekend!!!!

O'Malley
01-01-2011, 01:26 AM
And yet...we still have to beat the Freaking Browns this weekend!!!!

Got that right. We need this win so the guys can get healthy.

GoSlash27
01-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Got that right. We need this win so the guys can get healthy.

We also need to keep our guys healthy in the process. Catch 22.

venom
01-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Steelers 6-1 on the road and extra time off to get ready for this game. Should they lose , they dont deserve to be # 2 or go far in the playoffs !

Doc
01-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Am i the only guy thats been pacing the floors since Wed over this game? Feels like a playoff like game to me!

venom
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Am i the only guy thats been pacing the floors since Wed over this game? Feels like a playoff like game to me!

This is 100 % a playoff game. Its HUGE we get # 2 !

stlrtruck
01-01-2011, 01:33 PM

No. This game worries me a bit. Injuries being the most key factor in this game (as in not having any)

Crow-Magnon
01-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry dude but well before Irsay moved the Colts to Indy, that stadium was lucky to be half-filled and the other half of Memorial was guarenteed to be fans of the visiting team. In Cleveland they represented every game day. Modell had no business moving the browns for any reason, his stupidity was in running the franchise in to the ground bad enough to have the NFL help is cause in relocating.

However, I will agree that Tagliabue and the NFl screwed Baltimore when the expansion teams went to Carolina and Jacksonville. At that time Baltimore had they best package on the table but there was a history of conspiracy that Tagliabue didn't like the idea of a new franchsie Baltimore team via expansion. Some would believe that Tagliabue didn't want Baltimore to have a team to begin with, that includes the colts.

No offense, but your facts are a little skewed:

From 1958 to 1972, the Baltimore Colts (http://www.coltsheritage.com/what.php)enjoyed 103 consecutive sellouts and their popularity largely influenced the first national TV contract. Equal monies were divided among all teams – money without which the Steelers (who were drawing only 20,000 fans a game) may have been forced to leave Pittsburgh. The struggling Redskins’ franchise was on the verge of moving to Louisville, Kentucky until Pete Rozelle convinced then Washington owner George Preston Marshall to stay while showing Marshall a way of capitalizing on the traveling Colts’ fans who drove to D.C. to watch their heroes.

Irsay took over the Colts franchise in, oh yeah, 1972.

stlrtruck
01-01-2011, 11:27 PM
No offense, but your facts are a little skewed:

Irsay took over the Colts franchise in, oh yeah, 1972.

All I was saying was in the time when Irsay took over the Colts, they had fans. Fans stopped showing up to the games, sort of like they do here in Tampa now a days that the team sucks. I know the Colts had a history and a loyal fanbase to an extent. But when the team became one of the laughing stocks, the fans stopped coming to the game, and Irsay screwed the city.

NCSteeler
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM
If Cribbs plays, I think we give up two ST plays but other than that we dominate. Our ST s suck badly.

NCSteeler
01-02-2011, 03:15 AM
nevermind