PDA

View Full Version : Steelers laying it on the line

LLT
12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Steelers laying it on the line
F. Dale Lolley
Observer-Reporter.com
12/28/10

PITTSBURGH - To say that the Steelers' offensive line got embarrassed last season in Cleveland would be an understatement.

The Steelers managed just 77 yards rushing and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was sacked eight times in a 13-6 loss at Cleveland last December, a defeat that dropped Pittsburgh to 6-7 and all but ended its playoff hopes.

Avoiding a repeat of that effort when the Steelers (11-4) head to Cleveland (5-10) Sunday will be a big focus for Pittsburgh.

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has seen some good signs in recent weeks, particularly in a 22-17 loss to the Jets last week.

"I was extremely pleased with the communication because that was probably the most complicated blitz team that we had seen all year," Arians said of the game against the Jets. "With the confusion and the solid pass rushers that they have, I was really pleased with the running game. I thought we blocked a really good front all night."

Read More:
http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/12-28-2010-Steelers-o-line

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-28-2010, 11:59 AM
I think last year the O line had no pride or intensity. Kugler has these guys blocking downfield until after the whistle blows and that is encouraging.

Fact still remains that the talent up front is thin and riddled with injuries. Given that they are playing well. I still am just hoping for the best thru the playoffs and even more hopeful that a solid OT falls to the Steelers at pick #32.

Randy06
12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Obviously we have needs at O-line but I actually think they have played well, and they should be up for this game and getting up for the playoffs

LLT
12-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I think last year the O line had no pride or intensity. Kugler has these guys blocking downfield until after the whistle blows and that is encouraging.

Fact still remains that the talent up front is thin and riddled with injuries. Given that they are playing well. I still am just hoping for the best thru the playoffs and even more hopeful that a solid OT falls to the Steelers at pick #32.

Soon this site will have its own draft page. I have been trying to keep up on draft possibilities and think that (as of now) the most likely OT left at the end of the first round is Demarcus Love. He reminds me of Marvel Smith....not an ELITE tackle but a very good one that will play for a lot of years.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Soon this site will have its own draft page. I have been trying to keep up on draft possibilities and think that (as of now) the most likely OT left at the end of the first round is Demarcus Love. He reminds me of Marvel Smith....not an ELITE tackle but a very good one that will play for a lot of years.

Will be cool to see the draft page when up. Love could be a nice pickup if there late or maybe trade up in the 2nd. Could probably compete to start at RT right away and maybe move left when Starks looks for his 3rd contract.

I think Nate Potter is gonna stay in Boise. Could use the extra season. I've always liked Barksdale, but he battled injuries this year from what I have heard.

LLT
12-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Will be cool to see the draft page when up. Love could be a nice pickup if there late or maybe trade up in the 2nd. Could probably compete to start at RT right away and maybe move left when Starks looks for his 3rd contract.

I think Nate Potter is gonna stay in Boise. Could use the extra season. I've always liked Barksdale, but he battled injuries this year from what I have heard.

I am hoping that we see Tyron Smith declare.....that would bump several prospects down and make it possible fro somone like Love to be there late in the first.

I think you are right about Potter....I look for them to move him back to OT next year in college and he should be a solid first round pick in 2012.

ALLD
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Just think if BB had a top 5 OL to throw behind.

stlrtruck
12-28-2010, 03:23 PM

I'm guessing he wouldn't know what to do.

Randy06
12-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Although we need better men up there, I think that maybe if he had a perfect line it would take away from what he does best make plays outta the pocket.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2010, 09:04 PM

Although we need better men up there, I think that maybe if he had a perfect line it would take away from what he does best make plays outta the pocket.

This is kind of the appropriate response, Ben has been one of the highest rated QB's on play-action and out of the pocket for the last 4 seasons.