PDA

View Full Version : The Abiding Faith Of Warm-ongers

zulater
12-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Climate: Nothing makes fools of more people than trying to predict the weather. Whether in Los Angeles or London, recent predictions have gone crazily awry. Global warming? How about mini ice age?

The sight of confused and angry travelers stuck in airports across Europe because of an arctic freeze that has settled across the continent isn't funny. Sadly, they've been told for more than a decade now that such a thing was an impossibility — that global warming was inevitable, and couldn't be reversed.

This is a big problem for those who see human-caused global warming as an irreversible result of the Industrial Revolution's reliance on carbon-based fuels. Based on global warming theory — and according to official weather forecasts made earlier in the year — this winter should be warm and dry. It's anything but. Ice and snow cover vast parts of both Europe and North America, in one of the coldest Decembers in history.

A cautionary tale? You bet. Prognosticators who wrote the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, global warming report in 2007 predicted an inevitable, century-long rise in global temperatures of two degrees or more. Only higher temperatures were foreseen. Moderate or even lower temperatures, as we're experiencing now, weren't even listed as a possibility.

Since at least 1998, however, no significant warming trend has been noticeable. Unfortunately, none of the 24 models used by the IPCC views that as possible. They are at odds with reality.

Read more: http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=557597

GoSlash27
12-28-2010, 05:04 AM
That's why they call it "anthropogenic climate change" now; they can sell their bunk no matter what the weather does.

Sadly, they've been told for more than a decade now that such a thing was an impossibility — that global warming was inevitable, and couldn't be reversed.
Which is where they lost me. Even assuming that the climate change is man-made (which I don't buy), they have already admitted that we can't fix it. No point in going along with their plans.

st33lersguy
12-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Al Gore's money making scam has been exposed

Godfather
12-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Another reason you know all this is a scam and has nothing to do with protecting the planet: The cheapest and simplest solution, by far, is carbon scrubbing. It would cost a small fraction of emissions limits or cap and trade, it wouldn't require a large enforcement bureaucracy, and it can be done even if some countries refuse to play along. Scientific American did an article on it this past summer.

But that means no power, no control over people's lives, and no lining the pockets of crooked special interests so it'll never happen.

Doc_Holiday
12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
The idea went from wanting Clean Air, Clean Food and Clean Water to the B.S. that we have now. These people lost me when they started asking us to buy carbon credit offshoots or something like that.

I loved how Penn & Teller proved that it's all a guilt-trip. That's not to say that we aren't impacting our local ecosystem; but they lose me when they claim that humans caused the global wide climate change.

Wallace108
12-29-2010, 12:09 AM
First it was global cooling, then acid rain, then the ozone layer, then global warming, and now climate change. And of course we're responsible for causing all of it. All anyone has to do is look back over the history of the planet ... the climate is always changing. Sometimes gradually, sometimes suddenly. But the alarmists finally hit the jackpot with the phrase "climate change." Now no matter what happens, regardless of how insignificant, they're right. I'm surprised it took them this long to come up with it. :coffee:

GoSlash27
12-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Another reason you know all this is a scam and has nothing to do with protecting the planet: The cheapest and simplest solution, by far, is carbon scrubbing.
We have a very economical and viable "carbon scrubber" at our disposal. We call them "trees". :)